Independence Day: Resurgence

Re: Independence Day 2

Great, I bet they get his son instead, I bet he doesn't charge as much. :(

I hope the Cylons turn up....

Was rumored he was suppose to be doing Independence Day 2 & 3.. Guess he'll just be busy doing Hancock 2, i-Robot 2 and Bad Boys 3..

If there's no Will Smith, then there's no-one to crack lines like "Now that's what I call a close encounter!"

Why not just make a late sequel to Earth Vs. The Flying Saucers while they are at it as well?

Or Invasion of The Saucer-Men. "Those Saucer-Men, flying so high, in their saucers, so high in the sky, ohhh ohhh ohhh"

They need to cast old Morgan Freeman in the Will Smith role as old Will Smith.

39067673.jpg

I wonder if they are planning on bringing anyone back from the original? It's too long a time frame for Pullman to still be President but I wouldn't mind him returning in some way. Also, hoping Jeff Goldblum does return. I also would like if Will Smith returns, just not a fan of his son and the thing that worries me about him being in it, Jaden is around the right age to replace Smith's son in ID4

A sequel... period. :facepalm

That film is nearly unwatchable. I can't believe how much I thought it was "fun" back then.

Kevin

I loathed it from day 1. The trailers looked cool, but aside from scenes of monuments exploding and one good line about Area-51 being paid for by $500 hammers, I HATED the film. Hated it. It was mind-numbingly stupid and was one of the first moments where I started feeling the entertainment world shifting away from me under my feet.

I really liked it. The only thing that makes me cringe is when Will Smith says "Just like the AMRAAM launchpad on the stealth." :facepalm If you don't know, neither the B2 nor F117 have air to air missile capability, and the AMRAAM is air to air. Oh the Israeli F/A-18s bug the hell out of me too because they don't have any (only F15s and F16s). They did that because the USAF wouldn't cooperate.

I have no clue how they will do a sequel unless it's showing how the aliens attacked other planets.

Yeah, that and F/A-18s doing a straight vertical for, like, a mile up the alien beam. Anyone ever heard of stalling?

ID4-2? Sure why not? There have been made sequels to far worse films. Gotta mention I really liked the soundtrack :)

Oh no you did not shoot that green CRAP at me!

"ID42: The Battle for Life, The Universe, and Everything"

If there's no Will Smith, then there's no-one to crack lines like "Now that's what I call a close encounter!"

You say that like it's a bad thing...

Well, it makes sense that the sequel would take this long. The aliens had to wait until Steve Jobs was dead so as to make sure that there would be no defense against their new attacks!

Now that he's gone they can come and attack without fear.

(This is a joke, not a Steve Jobs attack......just a joke, I liked Steve Jobs and have some nifty Apple products of my own.)

Well, it makes sense that the sequel would take this long. The aliens had to wait until Steve Jobs was dead so as to make sure that there would be no defense against their new attacks!

Now that he's gone they can come and attack without fear.

(This is a joke, not a Steve Jobs attack......just a joke, I liked Steve Jobs and have some nifty Apple products of my own.)

Shame on you...

...owning Apple products ;)

I know years ago when the sequel was first being talked about the plan was to have another wave of aliens show up and this time the movie was a ground war instead of air war. Yay. I'd didn't mind the first movie but I won't loose any sleep if they never make another one either.

Wonder whether the studio will opt for the extremely lame ID42 or come up with something else as he already used "The Day After Tommorow" which this sequel was originally to be called. Eigther way, it was a cheesy fun film, and I could care less that Smith won't be in it.

Great, I bet they get his son instead, I bet he doesn't charge as much. :(

I hope the Cylons turn up....

He hasn't had a hit in a long time has he? Odd that he'd be charging too much unless he's intentionally pricing himself out of it.

The aliens rebooted in safe mode, did a system restore to a previous date, then updated their Norton antivirus, now they are back in action and ready for Jaden Smith.
ID4-2: Memorial Day

I really liked it. The only thing that makes me cringe is when Will Smith says "Just like the AMRAAM launchpad on the stealth." :facepalm If you don't know, neither the B2 nor F117 have air to air missile capability, and the AMRAAM is air to air. Oh the Israeli F/A-18s bug the hell out of me too because they don't have any (only F15s and F16s). They did that because the USAF wouldn't cooperate.

I have no clue how they will do a sequel unless it's showing how the aliens attacked other planets.

What bugged me was the idea of them launching AA missiles at something the size of that mothership, like such a small warhead, and frag warhead at that, would do a whole lot to something the size of several city blocks if not a small city. I would have sent everything that flies (up to and including C-130s with FAE bombs) and can carry bombs fly over the motherships and carpet bomb the hell out of and while I was at that I'd be busy getting people to re-write the targeting software on all of our cruise missiles so that they could be used against the mothership. Granted that ultimately the shields would have probably stopped the bombs but it would have made a whole lot more sense than launching AMRAAMs and Sidewinders at ***.

Yeah, that and F/A-18s doing a straight vertical for, like, a mile up the alien beam. Anyone ever heard of stalling?

Well that depends. The F-15 can supposedly go supersonic vertically so it's not totally unfeasible. It just depends on the thrust to weight ratio of a F/A-18.

I agree if they rebuild the world into something cool but also arm themselves against each other it would be neat, or even to take the fight to the aliens. In theory all this alien tech could create one hell of a Cold War scenario like the missile race and the first to get back into space with the tech as i doubt everyone will have the same amount of alien relics in each nation. Plus you'd have a civilian blackmarket for it. This could make for a very dark movie. Or a crappy vehicle for will smith's son if they hire him instead of will.

That would be a neat idea but it will be a rehash of the first because that's what made tha monies. No aliens needed here.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back