Small Soldiers Chip Hazard toy replica

razorsharp192

Sr Member
Hi all, I've been bitten by the Small Soldiers bug lately, I've managed to get a troop of Chip Hazard's together. The toy's are the 12inch Hasbro figures, they're really good sculps, 90% movie accurate, so I set about modifying them.

Here's a before and after pic, left as received, right the finished version. Chip has been completely repainted using reference images of the original props, the head has been reshaped to give it a nice full shape (rather than the squashed look like the toy has originally). I've also modified the electronics, it still works as per the original toy, but now the switch on the back turns the belt buckle light on and off, so it can be permanently on rather then just flashing.

What do you think? I'm really pleased with how it's turned out. I've got 6 more Chip's to work on which I'll start next week.

and one without flash to show the light a bit better:

Last edited:
Here's my 2nd Chip, this time I've completely replaced the electronics (new soundboard with sounds uploaded to it ripped from the dvd), and fitted a bigger louder speaker inside, also replaced the bulb inside with a nice bright green led, looks a lot better.

Dude Holy cow this thing is amazing... Has to be like either the best or one of the best replicated toys I've seen. The only real sorta complaint I'd have is that the neck is kinda fat near the top.... Other than that I truly love it and think it's like one of the best replicas out there.
*edit
Nah it's just me. I looked up some pics and it looks fine and stuff. Just looked a little fat to me

Last edited:
PLEASE TELL ME HOW YOU DID THAT! HOW DID YOU DO THAT WITH THE HEAD! WHAT KIND OF PAINT PLEASE TELL ME! I have a email rickkirk18@gmail.com. Please let me know I would appreciate it if u did or just let me know on here how you did but I would prefer email thank you

PLEASE TELL ME HOW YOU DID THAT! HOW DID YOU DO THAT WITH THE HEAD! WHAT KIND OF PAINT PLEASE TELL ME! I have a email rickkirk18@gmail.com. Please let me know I would appreciate it if u did or just let me know on here how you did but I would prefer email thank you

OK OK !!! :D

I made this a few years ago, I've still got a few "blank" Chip's that I keep meaning to modify but haven't done it yet. I completely repainted the figure using acrylic, enamel and spray paint. I resculpted the head. Not sure what else I can tell you?

HOW DID U RESCULPT IT! And how did you use spray paint and Is there one for sale that I may buy off u I really want one. It's my all time favorite movie

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back