question about painting foam armor.

BikerScout1599

So I started to make my firs set of Gears of War foam armor for comic con. I am at this point.

Now my original thought was to cover everything in a gray vinyl. But I don't know how well that is going to work. I have seen a lot of people use foam to make all sorts of armor. My question is what type of paint do you use to paint it? Fabric,acrylic? I also saw somebody mention using Plastidip. Wouldn't that peel off? Any advise would be great.

Before using plastidip, put on 2 or 3 coats of watered down PVA glue. Another option is using smooth-on 65D or an equivalent (I use cheaper stuff from MBFG (polycraft 2000 liquid resin) because I'm in the UK). After that use car paint. Check my thread if you want to see how it should look (I'll get more done over the summer).

So I started to make my firs set of Gears of War foam armor for comic con. I am at this point.
[url]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/morpheus1977/th_null_zpsf6bae7d0.jpg[/URL]
Now my original thought was to cover everything in a gray vinyl. But I don't know how well that is going to work. I have seen a lot of people use foam to make all sorts of armor. My question is what type of paint do you use to paint it? Fabric,acrylic? I also saw somebody mention using Plastidip. Wouldn't that peel off? Any advise would be great.

I seal the foam with a couple coats of watered-down Elmers whote glue (PVA), then use ordinary spray paint.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back