New wool for Matt Smith pants

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just got this new 10oz wool blend in a black houndstooth that is perfect for our Smith Pants:

14001-a_zps9f8eef49.jpg

What do you think?

Kind regards,
Magnoli

They are $145 and can be ordered here: Smith Pants by Magnoli Clothiers

The current wait with regular processing is about six weeks. Priority processing (an additional 15% fee) could have them finished in two to three weeks.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

- - - Updated - - -

Also... got a pair of Smith Boots here for sale at a good price: http://www.therpf.com/f13/matt-smith-boots-used-181860/

I'm sorry, threadjacking... But my team leader's name is Matt Smith, and he's hilarious, and I can't keep but laugh every time I come across this thread or any other about this character... Really Sorry... Sorry...

-The Armorer

Do you have a pic of the brown and dark brown fabrics as these could be perfect for the journey to the centre of the TARDIS trousers. Also can they be made without the back pockets?

Actually the scale on those pants is more like 1/4" per tooth. But Indy, I would also be interested in that if you can find some. Brown/black or brown/dark brown wool houndstooth trouser fabric with that scale.

Did I miss one of his costume changes? I can't find any episode from series 6 on where he doesn't wear his G-star Raw jeans. Omitting The Snowmen.

These are the series 5 trousers, no? I saw the ones up close at the exhibition. They read as black on the screen (not seen the blu-rays though!) but in person you can see the houndstooth. The hard part is going to be tailoring these with the appropriately slim fit.

Yea, slim fit and very low waisted. I'd be happy to supply you with pictures and complete specs Indy, if you need them.

Here is a slightly larger houndstooth in brown/black and dark brown/black:

2039-g_zps91cf882c.jpg
2039-gc_zps13322808.jpg

This is the same fabric as shown on the Smith Pants on our site, so to give you an idea of the effect of this scale houndstooth:

extra-image-1051.jpg

I've got to say, seeing the original up close, the houndstooth did help round out the costume - I'm sure 90% of Smith costumers who do season 5 just wear black jeans (I know I do) but the houndstooth gives it a nice, Troughton-esque balance. If these were properly slim/skinny, I'd be very interested.

Since these are made-to-measure, if you can provide accurate thigh and bottom circumferences, we can do them as skinny or fat as you want! ;)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back