General Zod costume help?

killergata

Well, I have just been informed that there is going to be a Salt Lake comic con in September, and I wanted to start working on a costume. I want to do a costume from man of steel, mainly general zod. I want to get some compression/skintight under armour and then use puff paint for texture. Then for the armor I was thinking fiberglass, but might use high impact urethane rubber, the plastic trash cans. Then get a cape from a fabris store. But tell me what you guys think.

-killergata

I'm considering the same costume for ECCC next year. I would do mine with foam floor mats, just like I do for everything I make.

Wait for the Blu Ray to come out in a few months to get good reference photos.

Be warned, there was no Zod armor built on Man of Steel. All the Kryptonian armor for every male character was full CGI.

This means the costume is probably going to be very very hard to build and move in... :)

Just thinking the same...would love to build this armour.
Thinking maybe sculpting it from clay and making silicone moulds and casting in fibreglass/urethane depending on the area it's worn.

Have ordered the 10" scale Enix figure just to see what kind of detail is involved, the Sideshow figure looks like an awesome ref source too but won't be available till early next year.

A good way to find out would be looking at 'Sideshow Collectables'.
They've just released a 'SquareEnix' and are releasing a 'Hot Toys', (I think...?) General Zod.

The images are on the site now!

- - - Updated - - -

Here we go;
I hope it helps!

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-general-zod-hot-toys-902110/

The Sideshow and Play Art figures are great references,but if your looking details on the first suit in the movie,you can search for ICON General Zod statue variant,there's also a vid which does a full 360 of figure so you can see majority of armor's detail...any progress as of yet?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a new member here,and this armor was my first attempt build,I've recently posted my progress so far,please let me know if this is of some help or any tips you can share,take it easy!!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back