Steampunk NERF Gun

zonkm

Just for fun I worked over one of my son's old NERF guns in a Steampunk paint scheme. I've seen a number of these done elsewhere so I thought I'd give it a shot. It's not really a model or a scratch-build but I used a lot of model painting techniques... Took it apart, cleaned and primed all the parts. Then did a basecoat of chrome paint, dirty wash and multiple layers of metallic dry-brush in various colors. Already working on the next one... more mods and lights too!

Attachments

• BeforeAfter1.jpg
    BeforeAfter1.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 511
  • BeforeAfter2.jpg
    BeforeAfter2.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 379
  • 20130618_182459.jpg
    20130618_182459.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 220
  • 20130618_182520.jpg
    20130618_182520.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 269
Hi, I'm a new member to the Forum and this is my first post. Great work! Forgive me if this is not the proper etiquette - I wanted to show pictures of my own just-completed Steampunk Nerf so it seems appropriate on this thread. If this is "not the done thing" please let me know. I used a bunch of cogs I bought from Ebay, along with bits of various plastic kits out of the spares box, some rattle-cans of metallic paints, bits of leather and wood, made it up as I went along basically, but it was great fun!2.jpg1.jpg3.jpg

Hi, I'm a new member to the Forum and this is my first post. Great work! Forgive me if this is not the proper etiquette - I wanted to show pictures of my own just-completed Steampunk Nerf so it seems appropriate on this thread. If this is "not the done thing" please let me know. I used a bunch of cogs I bought from Ebay, along with bits of various plastic kits out of the spares box, some rattle-cans of metallic paints, bits of leather and wood, made it up as I went along basically, but it was great fun!View attachment 560755View attachment 560756View attachment 560757

Nice work! you should post it here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=106425&page=81

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back