6 FAKE JOHN WAYNE SWORDS on pawn stars

That was so cringy! Totally guessed it was going to be a fake, then I felt bad after. Its just something about older weapons that throw up red flags for me. I thought when John Wayne's son recognized the correct person on the "Coa" that maybe it was legit until after the phone call. Then the guy said he bought more... oh my. That's like the one time you don't want to tell someone that you were on Pawn Stars.

I thought Ethan did a fine job handling the situation no matter how much was done off camera to set it up. As many have posted in various forums, WCC has no idea of it's historical numerical inventory system nor does it issue COAs. The fact this guy has 6 of these little bastards gives an indication of how many have been sold. When they first appeared in NYC auctions in the late 90s they were in shadow boxes and sold for $1,000s.

WCC once really did have an armory, but did away with it decades ago - certainly well before RIO GRANDE was made. Someone claimed to have the "hoard" and was selling it everywhere with each one being Wayne's, Errol Flynn's, etc. Just like recent PP sales where every vintage coat belongs to an Oscar winning film.

rick

What should have been a clue is the signature was really really pixelated and the rest of the document was nice and clean, but
for some reason that didn't stand out to the buyer......

Love that show and watch it all the time with the wife. Always sucks to see people finding out that they bought a fake.
Especially that guy in season one with the fake statue, he was such a dick when they told him it was a fake because of how stupid he
felt for not reading the date stamp, and I'm sure he was very smug about owning an "original"

those people its harder to feel sorry for. LOL

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back