Polar Lights 1/350 Refit Enterprise

Garbaron

After my PolarLights 1/350 Refit is finally done I thought I show it to you guys too.

This build took me about seventeen month to complete, minus roughly four weeks of in-between breaks to not go insane. The Refit kit was the most demanding model I have ever build, not thanks for me insisting on trying to get the ship to look like she did in "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" (TMP), practical flood light, interior sets seen in the movie and a full "pearl" Aztec paint job!. Ship lights are powered by about 85 LED using a custom lighting system. The top and lower saucer flood lights are realized with two parallel soldered. Cant even tell how many meters of wiring are inside the hull, must be a nice number that's for sure. To create the Aztec about 5m of AB masking foil, 9m of blue masking tape as well as the AztecDummy Templates for the saucer main Aztec have been used. I modified various areas on the ship where the PL kit did not match the studio model and scratch build locations missing, like the REC deck and TMP Spock V'Ger walk saucer airlock. A lot of work, some moments where I thought I never finish, as well as small and near disasters later this is her:

The interior sets

Botanical Bay (Arboretum)

(lower front secondary hull, six viewports on each side)

VIP / Officers Lounge

(top saucer behind and below the bridge)

Recreation (REC) Deck

(rear of saucer rim to the right of impulse engine)

Hangarbay and adjecent Cargo area:

(rear of secondary hull)

powered down pictures:

Interference "Aztec" colors visible:

lighted "glamour" pictures:

"Beauty Shot" of her as she was seen in TMP:

The complete build up can be found here-here- and with "inline pictures" = here =

Regards

Thorsten aka Garbaron

Last edited:
one day, one day i will have the skill to try this model out, one day i might be crazy to try it, one day... very nice a slick looking build. i do not see anything wrong with it, looks ready to head out to the set.

Is the Aztec decal or paint. The job is beautiful. Every detail look perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

I love the doors to the shuttle bay. I have to look at how you made them work.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back