The Scrambler from 'Space Hunter Adventures in the Forbidden zone" 1:35 scale

srspicer

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey Everyone!

It has been too long since posting here, for sure! I have been working on a 1:35th scale master of the Scrambler from the movie that has too long a name to type in again!;) Some may be familiar with it, but once you see the truck more may recognize it. Please follow the link to my site to read about the journey and let me know what you think. I will be kitting it, unless no one is interested.:(

Latest Project | SRS Prototyping LLC

Thanks much,

Scott

Attachments

• IMG_0792.JPG
    IMG_0792.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,017
Loved that movie! I know, it wasn't an Oscar winner, but it sure was a fun romp. And it featured a fairly young Molly Ringwald before she became well known for Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club and Pretty in Pink

BTW, it's Spacehunter - one word. I remembered it from the title when I was a kid - and had a hard time finding it on IMDb until I remembered that it was all one word.

Anyhow, saw the Scrambler on your site a week or so back. Lookin' good!

Very nice, the Scrambler is one of my favourite movie vehicles.
Spacehunter included some cool nice designs, I really liked the 'roll-bikes'!

/Pontus

Hey everyone,

I have made some more progress on this master. It has become one of the most difficult ground vehicles I have modeled yet. I have to break it up into moldable components, and due to its odd design it will be made up all kinds of different body panels. Please use the link in the first post.

Thanks for looking!

Scott

Looks nice, im just starting a large scale military truck for the Navy EOD units. its a concept design.

Also, nice redo of my legs for the mars attack saucer. should of asked me. i had them laser cut in aluminum awhile back. that fixed the weak acrylic legs.

Al

Thanks Al,

I was asked by someone who owns the kit to fix the problem. I had no idea, and neither did the client, that there were aluminum replacements available!

Got pics of the concept truck, sound interesting.

Scott

He told me awhile back about the legs and i was working on it. just took forever to get them made. by the time i got them back got busy on other stuff.

ive asked the concept designer about posting it, if he says yes ill post pics and the build.

Al

Any more progress on the Scrambler? It seems to be ages since any progress has been made. Any chance it will done this side of 2015?

Hey Wayne,

Yes there has been, but it has been a while since I have had time to dedicate to completing the master. I have just completed two patterns for clients, the USS Sagittarius and the Spacedock tug from Star Trek. I have just completed my REX-X master and will be molding and casting that soon. That has cleared my bench to finish up the Scrambler. I have the interior to complete, suspension and hood detailing, and that will finish it up. Sounds simple, but the interior is a pain because of all of the depth distortion in the screen caps. It is hard to figure what is behind what, how far back inside does it go, where on the wall, behind the driver, under the turret, etc. Thanks for keeping continued interest in the kit!!

Great news, thanks very much for your continued efforts and I for one am really looking forward to having one of these made by you. Thanks again mate

Hi there, any more news on the Scrambler kit? Been watching your site with interest but no updates for a while. Hope this is still a go?

Well, I finally have Wolff completed and most of the interior and the steering wheel. I'm getting ready to machine a vac-form mold for that tricky windshield. After that, it is the smaller details that remain. Hoping to get to molding in the next month or so. Been very busy with illustrations and its hard to get time to complete the master.

Thanks for your continued interest/nudges!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back