The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Nightingale Armor with Nightingale Bow

faasnucosplay

Just recently completed this costume and prop I've been working on over the past couple months. The armor is made out of EVA foam detailed with hot glue and a Dremel, and the bow is made out of MDF, Bondo, and various other materials. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!

Faasnu Cosplay Erica Alduino Nightingale Armor.jpg
Faasnu Cosplay Erica Alduino Nightingale Bow.jpg

Your cosplay looks awesome.i use sintra for the most part but i am amazed what you and others have done with foam.How heavy do you find the bow?I have made a dmr for my halo cosplay using mdf and sintra, after a couple hours it feels pretty heavy.

Last edited:
Your cosplay looks awesome.i use sintra for the most part but i am amazed what you and others have done with foam.How heavy do you find the bow?I have made a dmr for my halo cosplay using mdf and sintra, after a couple hours it feels pretty heavy.

Thank you. I'm pretty amazed what I did with the foam, too lol. It was my first time working with foam on this large of a scale, but I'm very happy with the outcome and will definitely be using foam for creating semi-flexible, leather-look armor again. The bow weighs exactly 6.4lbs. And I mean, not gonna lie, it's heavy, especially after carrying it around for hours at a time. But I go to the gym, so that helps haha

Thank you. I'm pretty amazed what I did with the foam, too lol. It was my first time working with foam on this large of a scale, but I'm very happy with the outcome and will definitely be using foam for creating semi-flexible, leather-look armor again. The bow weighs exactly 6.4lbs. And I mean, not gonna lie, it's heavy, especially after carrying it around for hours at a time. But I go to the gym, so that helps haha

i feel your pain,i work construction and after carrying my dmr around for a a few hours my arms are dead lol

Wow I can't believe that's foam in the first picture. That looks so incredibly much like leather.

Thank you! I'm so aware that it's foam while I'm wearing it that I'm still shocked and so flattered when people say they thought it's leather. I wanted to make it out of leather, but that material is just so out of my budget... also, my sewing machine would just be like, "Uhhh, wtf. Give me cotton." lol

- - - Updated - - -

That bow is wicked sweet. Costume looks great too.

Thanks! The bow is my favorite part of the costume.

Amazing!
Looks great. I know how much effort you've put into this project, but it was definitely worth it :>. Good work!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back