DEXTER KILLED ME - PHOTO CONTEST - Winner Announced!!!

Michael Bergeron

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Dexter, Season 8: The Final Season, is only 3 weeks away, and CLONEDReplicas.com, a Dexter licensee, is sponsoring a Dexter photo contest in conjunction with the RPF!

dexter-killed-me-photo-contest-win-prop-replicas-dexter-dexter-contest-header.jpg-195754

THE CONTEST:
Create a crime/murder scene photo as might be seen in Dexter; either one of Dexter’s victims, or one of Dexter’s victims’ victims (you know what we mean… don’t make this complicated!). The photo can be of you, of a friend or of a prop. The focus of this contest is creativity and originality. We want to be wowed, stunned and shocked.
The contest will run from June 6, 2013 through June 30, 2013 (the airing of the first episode of Dexter: Season 8) at 10:pM PST, giving you 3 weeks to submit your entry!

SUBMISSION:
There is only a single step to place a qualifying entry in this contest:
Make a post in THIS thread and attach your photo/entry to that post. In the post, you MUST tell us 1) a little about what we are looking at (tell us the story behind the photo) and 2) how you created the photo.
NO PHOTOSHOP! Get creative. We don’t want to see your digital skills… we see that in every Iron Man thread posted here on the RPF already!
This is a really important part of your submission; don’t kill anyone. If you actually kill anyone, we just won’t be able to have you in the contest. Plus there is all that life imprisonment and electric chair stuff to contend with… so just fake it. We are about replicas, not the real deal.

HOW WINNER IS DETERMINED:
Submissions will be judged by the owner of CLONEDReplicas.com along with RPF Staff members.
Submissions will be judged on three criteria; creativity/originality, believability, and execution/quality, with a heavy emphasis on creativity.
We will announce the winner around July 8, 2013.

THE PRIZE:
CLONEDReplicas.com is offering a Dexter prop package which includes Dexter’s Season 1 Metro ID Badge Holder (badge not included), a Smiley Face Blood Slide, and Jordan’s Blood vial necklace! This is $125 value and all you have to do is take an awesome photo!

dexter-killed-me-photo-contest-win-prop-replicas-dexter-clonedreplicas-dexter-props.jpg-195755

STUFF OUR LAWYERS MAKE US SAY:

Participation in the RPF Dexter Killed Me Contest (the “Contest”) constitutes your agreement to be bound by these Official Rules.

Sponsor: CLONEDReplicas.com and the RPF / Movie Prop Sites, LLC

Eligibility: You MUST be a registered member of therpf.com! If you are not a registered member, click this link to register.

Entry: To enter, see SUBMISSION section above. There is a limit of ONE entry per member. By submitting an entry, you agree that your entry may be used for promotional purposes. therpf.com reserves the right to disqualify, in its sole discretion, any entry it does not feel is inline with the intent of the contest or does not meet the contest's entry criteria.

Contest Period: The Contest begins at the time this message is posted and ends June 30 at 10:00pm PST.

Prize: The first place winner of the Contest will win a Dexter prop package, as pictured above, from CLONEDreplicas.com . All federal, state and/or local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.

Notification: The winner will be notified by private message on therpf.com’s forums on or about the date that the Contest results are published to therpf.com (roughly around July 8, 2013). If winner does not respond to notification within 15 days, they forfeit their prize.

Intellectual Property: You agree that therpf.com may use the Submission, or any portions or elements of the Submission, as described in these Official Rules without any payment or other obligation whatsoever to you. If you are selected as a Winner, you agree to assign and hereby do assign to therpf.com all of your rights, title and interest in the Submission. You represent and warrant that you are (a) the author/creator of the Submission, (b) that you are the present and sole owner of all right, title and interest in and to the Submission, (c) that it is an original work, (d) that you have the full, exclusive and unconditional right and authorization to submit the Submission, and (f) that no third party has any rights in or to the Submission. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless therpf.com, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and assigns, from and against any and all claims, demands, expenses, losses or liabilities including but not limited to reasonable attorney's fees and punitive damages that may be asserted against or incurred by them at any time in connection with the Submission, or any use thereof, including, without limitation, those arising from any breach, or alleged breach, of the warranties, representations and promises provided by you in these Official Rules.

General Conditions: No purchase necessary. therpf.com is not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) misdirected or delayed mail or e-mail; (ii) telephone, telecommunications, hardware or third party software malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (iii) any condition caused by events beyond therpf.com control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted, corrupted or terminated; (iv) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of participating in the Contest; or (iv) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. therpf.com reserves the right to disqualify, in its sole discretion, any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the systems required to conduct the Contest or operate the therpf.com web site, or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules. All issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participants, shall be determined by therpf.com in its sole discretion. All decisions of therpf.com are final. By participating in the Contest, you also agree to be bound by therpf.com’s Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Last edited:
Re: DEXTER KILLED ME - PHOTO CONTEST - Win Prop Replicas from Dexter!

Can it be a series of 2 or 3 photos, but all part of the same "picture/scene"? Sometimes it's hard to tell a story with just one photo (unless you have a panoramic camera) which I don't :(

Sorry, bud. Just one. You have to tell the story all in one image... part of the challenge!

So, where are all the Dexter fans?

This is a great opportunity for fans who don't have a huge amount of confidence in their building skills. Just be creative! Anyone can win. :)

Here's my submission.

This is a 1/6 scale custom figure put together by me. I am trying to capture Dexter in his kill clothes with his "Dark Passenger" portrayed by his brother, Brian Moser (the Ice Truck Killer), as seen in the episode "Nebraska" from season 6. It is a diorama I made on the top shelf of an Ikea Detolf. The kill knife is stainless steel, made by our own FLUID, and the blood slide box is fully functional and made by Corrose of Sideshow Freaks.

10599DE8-51BB-40DA-AB14-C44C4A64C5EB-10015-000006143612CE58_zps892ecfe7.jpg

And we're off!

I must admit, I never even thought that people would use scaled figures. Nice! :thumbsup

WOW!! That's impressive... I'm worried now lol.

I have an idea, but I'm not sure if I can organize it before the end of the month. I'll see what I can do.

And good work, DarkPassenger. That's really cool.

Mine's on the way!! I've been working on it a little bit each day. BTW I'm assuming only 1 submission per person? Cause I have an interesting prop I wanted to show, but I don't expect it to be "winner" material.

Mine's on the way!! I've been working on it a little bit each day. BTW I'm assuming only 1 submission per person? Cause I have an interesting prop I wanted to show, but I don't expect it to be "winner" material.

Yes, only one entry per member. :)

If you collaborate with another member than each of you is able to post a submission but only the winner will receive the prize. Any splitting will be up to the winner.

Spoiler alert!
Do not read below if you have NOT seen up to season 7 of Dexter!

Murder Scene Plot

Someone tracks down Dexter’s family and friends and kills them all. So who’s responsible for killing all of Dexter’s family and friends?

Paul. That’s right… Paul. He managed to convincingly fake his own death and broke out of prison. Ever since season 2 he’s teamed up with Hannah, using her to get close to Dexter, he’s gone completely berserk and wants to take everything from Dexter that Dexter took from him. Paul’s first victim was… Rita. Yup, he murdered Rita and staged it to look like Trinity was responsible.

In this scene Dexter takes revenge and murders Paul. But now that nobody’s left in Dexter’s life he has nothing to fight for. And the “Dark Passenger” has completely consumed him for good. Dexter surrenders and leaves a bunch of clues including blood slides and coordinates of where his victims can be found, which ironically have all drifted upstream into “Surprise Lake”.

As for how I made this picture

Well I borrowed a lot of Halloween props from some friends, I used some clear tool box dividers for the blood slides and thought it would be clever to write a message with them using dried fake blood. I watched all the seasons, did some research and tried to guess at what might be a shocking ending! I bought plastic wrap, borrowed an apron from work, splattered a lot of fake blood on some plastic wrap, printed some pictures, wrapped the walls, did my make-up, set up a tripod and took some pics :)

(Click and zoom attached thumbnail below for better quality image.)

Attachments

• IMG_3863.JPG
    IMG_3863.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 222
Last edited:

I'm hoping there are a bunch of folks out there getting ready to enter otherwise we've got a 50/50 shot of winning with our current batch of entries! :lol

A great prize and just a week and a half before the deadline!

I think DarkPassenger and I scared off our competition.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back