Dresden Files - Harry's shield bracelet

Risu

Master Member
Long story short: Wanted to make it for years, shields were too expensive, price finally came down a bit, bought a bunch of them. This one is for my sister, she needed it done by a deadline and didn't so much care about the accuracy, so I took a couple short cuts on account of there's just not enough reference to see what the thing actually looks like. I picked the version I preferred/the more practical one with the shields attached in the center.

For mine I'm going to try to mix up a slightly lighter batch of dye, maybe try to get some thinner lace (anything thinner than this pretty much just snaps if you put any pressure on it, so I'd have to actually make it myself), make the loop with stitched lambskin, and I was originally going to actually tie the huge ball knot out of lace, but I'm starting to lean toward the button for my own now as well. That giant knot looked awful and stuck out really far.

They shift a bit, but mostly stay in place like the version that was ripped off his wrist in the first episode. I'm not a fan of jangly charm bracelets.

I like it! How are the backs of the disks connected to the leather? I have my disks but don't quite have the skills for leather work.

The disks are glued onto Chicago screws. I used UV cure adhesive, which is basically the strongest glue in the world. It requires beaming a high intensity UV light at the glue in tiny 1/4" square spots for a minute a piece until it's cured though, it took hours. JB weld would be the next best bet, but it's a bit messy and might not hold too well to the aluminum Chicago screws.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back