Working Lawgiver Mk II Display

HJQuartermaster

Hey everyone! I wanted to show you guys a project I've been working on for several months now. It is a working display for the Lawgiver Mk II, based on the operations seen in DREDD 2012. See pictures and video below!

I'm a hardware/software developer for a living, and I was able to do the engineering to reproduce the functionality seen in the movie: ammo type changing, fire mode changing, round count, DNA check, etc. I found a screen-accurate display from a supplier in China, and developed the prototype that you see in these pics.

There's so many great Lawgiver builds out there, but I haven't seen anyone come out with anything like this yet. I hope you guys enjoy it! If anyone has any questions or comment, please fire away!

Video can be seen here:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...et=vb.365847953525190 &type=3&theater

project1as.jpg

project2as.jpg

project3as.jpg

project4as.jpg

project5as.jpg

Attachments

• project1a.jpg
    project1a.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 567
  • project2a.jpg
    project2a.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 456
  • project3a.jpg
    project3a.jpg
    904.7 KB · Views: 283
  • project4a.jpg
    project4a.jpg
    849.9 KB · Views: 337
  • project5a.jpg
    project5a.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 267
It does look great and as I mentioned on FB... IF you end up doing builds for people I'll see what I can do to make installing them into the Joe-Shawn Lawgiver kit easy.

This is great!! The display is very smooth and the transition from on to the next is seamless. Count in me and i just added this to my list of Dredd items to follow. Great work keep it up.

It does look great and as I mentioned on FB... IF you end up doing builds for people I'll see what I can do to make installing them into the Joe-Shawn Lawgiver kit easy.

THIS is a match made in Mega-City heaven. I'm so psyched that the bezels were previewed on the FB page.
I can't wait the get these!

Sorry for the lack of updates everyone, I've had my head down trying to hammer things out and really only been updating the facebook page.

I got my final board worked out and I'm currently running a test to see how long a standard 9v battery will keep it running. The final time was 7 hours (plus a couple minutes), so long enough to leave it on all day at a con without having to worry about turning it off and on between photos or carrying extra batteries.

IMG_2316.JPG

Last edited:
Can you further reduce the size of the PCB to have the same size as the display and also have it installed at the back of the display?
Don't have enough space inside the gun to fit both PCB and battery.

This is REALLY COOL!!!!

I've been following the build for a while (and discussing dimensions with HJQ) , since my and Morganthirteen's kit is the most common (and likely, accurate) one that has been widely available and I can say that reducing the main board is probably asking too much. HJQ has put a ton of work into getting it this far and these kits are actually being made at the moment.

Depending what version/kit you have, there should definitely be enough room in there to install this board and a 9v battery. The best way to go about it is have the battery in the magazine or just behind the barrel. (Sean Cho in the Facebook Dredd costuming group has begun cutting into his to install the display already.) If you're thinking of adding it to an airsoft build then you can probably forget about it- to maintain any level of accuracy there will not be enough space between the display and the airsoft slide for it to fit.

Can you further reduce the size of the PCB to have the same size as the display and also have it installed at the back of the display?
Don't have enough space inside the gun to fit both PCB and battery.

This is REALLY COOL!!!!

I've been following the build for a while (and discussing dimensions with HJQ) , since my and Morganthirteen's kit is the most common (and likely, accurate) one that has been widely available and I can say that reducing the main board is probably asking too much. HJQ has put a ton of work into getting it this far and these kits are actually being made at the moment.

Depending what version/kit you have, there should definitely be enough room in there to install this board and a 9v battery. The best way to go about it is have the battery in the magazine or just behind the barrel. (Sean Cho in the Facebook Dredd costuming group has begun cutting into his to install the display already.) If you're thinking of adding it to an airsoft build then you can probably forget about it- to maintain any level of accuracy there will not be enough space between the display and the airsoft slide for it to fit.

Your right I'm planning to install in a GBB. There is still room on top of the slide and 9v battery can be replaced by cell type batteries. Really appreciate the effort in this build and I do understand that reducing the PCB would mean remaking a new PCB layout and would require the same effort as the prototype. Guess I have to wait longer and hope he builds new versions in the future and its a challenge for him which is difficult to resists... :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back