E3 2013 is upon us!

And... PS4 just won next-gen. Nice job, Sony.

The best part was that Tretton wasn't being sneaky or vague about it.. I said they needed to do exactly that, to say it in plain English so there's no question. And by God, they did it. No licensing, no restrictions, no online requirement. And they even jabbed at MS's 24-hour timeout. Man, that was brutal.

And cloud will be supported on PS3!!! Stick the knife in it. Good bye micro$oft. You're done..You can not offer ANYTHING that will support your life. You're done!!

If Sony comes under this I'll probably make the switch. I didn't have a ps3 but don't like all the baggage the Xbox is bringing with it.

I will hold you to this. We're making the switch as well and it it will be nice to have at least some of the old clan on the new system.

Sent from somewhere in time & space...

tumblr_mo7jbcoCjn1qce7tgo1_r2_500.gif

what i hate is their new trend in the industry to use them instead of gameplay so you're awed by the cgi but the game is meh. I'm still leary after Deus ex: HR's amazing trailer featuring everything not in the game.

They've learned from Hollywood how to do effective trailers. That said, I rather enjoy Deus Ex: HR.

And on the announcement of no used game restriction, no authentication, single player offline, it's pretty much a done deal.

Yeah, that's pretty crucial. At least for the gamers. I still maintain that MS isn't really trying to get the gamers that much. Or at least, they sure don't LOOK like they're trying to. Even the look of the box says "Family entertainment center" rather than "Gaming console." I think, at this point, that I'm leaning towards getting a PS4 if and when I decide to upgrade, which I'm not even sure I'll do.

I knew there was trouble when the cheering for halo 5 didn't cause bad feedback in the video lol

Because, honestly....who cares? I mean, it's another Halo game. Big deal. The Halo games are fun, but it's been a LONG time since they were really groundbreaking, no?

Separate question: did Sony confirm FULL backwards compatibility with PS3? 'Cause that'd definitely pique my interest. I'd love to try out some of the PS3 games I missed.

Separate question: did Sony confirm FULL backwards compatibility with PS3? 'Cause that'd definitely pique my interest. I'd love to try out some of the PS3 games I missed.

Actually i thought Sony wasnt doing backwards compatibility wich is prob the only downside to buying a PS4

Actually i thought Sony wasnt doing backwards compatibility wich is prob the only downside to buying a PS4

Apparently you will be able to download from cloud PS3 games... That was a question I had as well. It is great for those who do not own a PS3.

It is a shame that PS4 does not have backwards comparability. That would be cutting the head off the M$ corpse...

Yeah still that's a minor thing compared to microsoft's stuff. Heck sony'll probably keep supporting the ps3 for a while to come like they did the ps2. I mean it stayed in production until 2010.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back