E3 2013 is upon us!

Jedi2016

Sr Member
The Electronic Entertainment Expo begins this coming TUESDAY, June 11th. Lots of games, lots of news, and lots of vicious fanboy fights to the death in the parking lot. Not that we condone such things (put me down for $20 on Kratos).

Tomorrow, June 10th, most of the major studios and publishers are getting their press conferences out of the way. We'll be hearing from Ubisoft (Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs), Electronic Arts (Battlefield and um.. whatever else they've got, I'm honestly not keeping track anymore), as well as the big two.. Microsoft and Sony.

We expect to see next-gen gameplay from all of them. Microsoft will finally be showing that the Xbone does in fact play games (hopefully), and Sony will be showing us what the PS4 actually looks like (hopefully). With any luck, we might even get a release date and maybe even prices!

So here's the unofficial E3 discussion thread. Not that like will stop any of you from opening new threads for individual titles or whatever, but it is what it is. I've been typing all day and I'm tired.

My buddy is there. Has press VIP passes or whatever they call it for Sony and microsoft.

If I hear any hush hush stuff. I'll report.

I'll be curious to see what comes from Disney and any Star Wars related stuff. Otherwise, I'm mildly curious about the two main consoles and am looking forward to additional information that will help influence any potential purchases.

.....and that's about it. I've got such a backlog of games to play on Steam, Xbox, and other stuff that I'm just not that concerned with upcoming titles. I'm kinda doubting I'll buy BF4. COD does nothing for me, so....yeah. Not much to get excited about from my perspective, although the detail on the consoles will be interesting. And maybe we'll here about some other unexpected cool projects. Brutal Legend 2! :) Yeah, not likely, but a guy can dream...

I've got a backlog not to mention i want to catch up on my old game buying so the ps4 and new xbox aren't big on my interest list, i already know unless microsoft makes some big changes if i do buy a new xbox it's going to be near the end of it's life just to have in the collection. I have no interest in being spied on one while gaming. Sadly all EA has anymore is COD; they killed Mass effect, they killed Dead Space (those guys are off the grid even on twitter after that last DLC) and they shut down the guys working on the new dragon age. Maybe Naughty Dog'll have a new Uncharted.

If battlefield 4 multiplayer is closer to bf2 than bf3... Every fps fan will be interested!

Bf3 was too COD... Bf2... Is the only game I play.

There were some allegedly leaked screenshots from the BF4 alpha, and it looked identical to BF3, just on new maps. Might've been bogus screens, but if it isn't, it looks like more of the same, just in new locations.

If Sony comes under this I'll probably make the switch. I didn't have a ps3 but don't like all the baggage the Xbox is bringing with it.

Ubisoft's keynote was blah. AC4 was expected. Nothing on Beyond Good and Evil 2. But, Tom Clancy's The Divison......WOW.

The gaming community is pretty much laughing at microsoft right now while leaning towards the PS4. MS has alienated a lot of groups. Even if Sony isn't the best with what they offer it'll be hard to drive folks away.

Ubisoft's keynote was blah. AC4 was expected. Nothing on Beyond Good and Evil 2. But, Tom Clancy's The Divison......WOW.
Yeah, that one impressed me. That's the kind of graphics and physics that says "next-gen" to me. Most everything else they showed was cross-gen, so it's still being built for PS3/X360, and it shows.

Ubi really needs to back off on the CGI trailers, though.. they had one for every single game they showed there. Even frikkin' Rayman had a CG trailer, and that's a 2D platformer for cryin' out loud.

what i hate is their new trend in the industry to use them instead of gameplay so you're awed by the cgi but the game is meh. I'm still leary after Deus ex: HR's amazing trailer featuring everything not in the game.

Square Enix shows a new trailer for FFXIII: Versus which I think will now be Final Fantasy XV. Then I think I scared the entire neighborhood when I screamed at seeing Kingdom Hearts 3.

And on the announcement of no used game restriction, no authentication, single player offline, it's pretty much a done deal.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back