E3 2013 is upon us!

And more good news! PS4 won't be region locked!

For those wondering about Sony making people pay for Playstation Plus in order to play multiplayer on the PS4, it's only $50 a year. Plus the perks of PS+ will still remain. Free games to download each month, premium themes and avatars for free and huge discounts on other games. The caveat to all this is that you have to remain a subscriber to keep playing the games. You don't lose the games if you let the subscription lapse but will regain access when you re-up.

I've been a PS+ subscriber on my PS3 for over 3 years and it's an awesome service. And if you don't subscribe, you still have access to Netflix, Hulu Plus and any other apps you have subscriptions to. And the subscription will carry over to the PS4 if you use the same account.

I might just let my XBL Gold for my 360 lapse when it ends next year depending on how much support Microsoft keeps giving the 360 or if they're willing to swallow their egos and do something about the DRM and big brother issues on the next gen but I doubt they will.

This was my favorite moment.

peach_zps5d87ab15.png

That tool right there shows you the entire issue with Microsoft. They're snobs who think less of folks in rural areas or the military. Even the interviewer was horrified lol. I hope this video is the one the spreads across every gaming forum. Share it with your friends, i'll be showing mine tomorrow. She's already done with her 360 thanks to their attitude and looking into a ps3. You think there's a chance this tool will get fired like the one who came out and told everyone to deal with it on twitter?

Believe me, I've been dealing with corporate stooges like this for a long time and I can assure you, they are completely oblivious that there is a problem. They live surround by yes men who tell them only what they want to hear, and that its all a wonderful idea. When they get back to Redmond, they will all congratulate themselves on a job well done and how well E3 went. Maybe give themselves a nice bonus to go with it. Then when it tanks, they will be absolutely stunned. Then they will blame everyone but themselves. It's the gamers who are wrong. "Changing demographics." Maybe fire some poor saps in market research for getting it wrong. But it won't be thier fault.....

Maybe if it tanks, the shareholder will finaly get rid of Ballmer, because he's been driving MS into the ground ever since he took over.

That tool right there shows you the entire issue with Microsoft. They're snobs who think less of folks in rural areas or the military. Even the interviewer was horrified lol. I hope this video is the one the spreads across every gaming forum. Share it with your friends, i'll be showing mine tomorrow. She's already done with her 360 thanks to their attitude and looking into a ps3. You think there's a chance this tool will get fired like the one who came out and told everyone to deal with it on twitter?

That was Adam Orth, and he was more or less forced to resign after that happened. And in fact I would bet dollars that Don Mattrick had exactly that in mind when walking in to E3. There's no way he would have done or said anything the same way Orth did. Mattrick's tone was pretty snobby, but he's just doing PR, so I don't blame him personally for Microsoft's stance.

But, yeah, Microsoft's total refusal that anything is an issue here is mind blowing. It's like when you catch somebody saying things that are incorrect, instead of admitting they made a mistake, they double down and try to validate their position and end up making themselves look so much worse... Which is also exactly what Orth did, he went on to say, "Sorry, I don't get the drama around having an 'always on' console. Every device is now 'always on.' That's the world we live in." As a company, they think they're in the right, and it won't be until the holiday sales figures come in that they realize the "vocal minority" isn't that much of a minority.

For those wondering about Sony making people pay for Playstation Plus in order to play multiplayer on the PS4, it's only $50 a year. Plus the perks of PS+ will still remain. Free games to download each month, premium themes and avatars for free and huge discounts on other games. The caveat to all this is that you have to remain a subscriber to keep playing the games. You don't lose the games if you let the subscription lapse but will regain access when you re-up.
I only got PS+ last year and I couldn't believe I hadn't picked it up sooner, it paid for itself twice over in a couple of months with all the free games and content you get with it. I've got no problem having to pay for it with the PS4.

Apparently you will be able to download from cloud PS3 games... That was a question I had as well. It is great for those who do not own a PS3.

I don't have a PS3 and there are quite a bit of PS3 games I would be interested in downloading :)

Or still use the ones you got when you dont have a PS3 anymore

If you have bought the original game for the PS3 at least I think you should be able to download it for free for PS4

Clearly they're not. They weren't thinking when they decided to design a "smart cable box" that looks like an 80's VCR and shares 90% features of a smart TV. And definitely not when they use old tech(especially when compared to the PS4) and then have audacity to charge more for it than the more advanced PS4. Or when.... :facepalm too many fails to cover them all

Well, I think Nintendo is doing better things with PR than Sony and MS combined. Sony still won E3, but while MS rolls around in the ****hole they created and Sony tosses more **** on them, Nintendo seems to be standing apart and only discussing their own company. No mudslinging or anything. It's refreshing.

I, and I suspect a lot of people are planning on getting a Wii U but are just waiting for a price drop. I was hoping one would be announced at E3.

I, and I suspect a lot of people are planning on getting a Wii U but are just waiting for a price drop. I was hoping one would be announced at E3.

Actually it is not even the price... For me it is mainly the lineup they present. I need a new Zelda (not that WindWaker HD remake) and a new Mario Galaxy... and if they really want to impress me they'd throw in a new F-Zero as well. At the moment they have nothing of interest to even let me consider buying the WiiU. Since I grew up with Nintendo this is just bitter :(

i LOVE my wii U, but i agree, the lineup at the moment, is HORRIBLE, im really excited for the new rayman, and most of the games they showed at e3, even windwaker, i REALLY loved that game, and ill gladly buy it again.

I think i'll get the wii u before i get the ps4. the need to make a metroid that isn't freaking first person. Other M was horrid and the mechanics for the Prime games on the gamecube are so clunky. I'd like to see some more megaman games but Capcom keeps making them download only and all the others are on the ds which i don't have yet.

I think i'll get the wii u before i get the ps4. the need to make a metroid that isn't freaking first person. Other M was horrid and the mechanics for the Prime games on the gamecube are so clunky. I'd like to see some more megaman games but Capcom keeps making them download only and all the others are on the ds which i don't have yet.

I highly recommend the Metroid prime Trilogy for the Wii. The use of motion controller makes a world of difference!

From what I understand, no, because its not backwards compatable so they wouldnt work. However at some point you'll be able to stream PS3 games to to the PS4. What's not clear is if you will have to rebuy them or pay a small fee. I'm planning on keeping my PS3.

I did just read that my favorite game, The Pinball Arcade, Will be crossbuy, between the Ps3, the Vita, and the PS4. So you buy for one and you get for all. Well see if others follow the same model.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back