Thor Hammer - Avengers

Thunder2

I am selling the below hammers, you can find them in the junkyard

--------------------------------------
Hi guy's

I just wanted to share my most recent build. It all started from just wanting to know how Solidworks performs. It turned into a learning CAD design, cold cast molding & leather search exercise.

I really wanted a Thor hammer in the design seen in the Avengers film to sit on my bar.
Due to my local molding supplier only selling larger quantities of material I ended up with several hammers instead of just one.

I started by drawing mjolnir in my CAD
THor Hammer - CAD.jpg

Then I broke down the hammer into components & had them custom cut, then my dad helped me whip up the mold boxes:
Mold Box2.jpg

Now it was time to poor the silicon, I had an epic fail 1st off. I mixed it in a 35 degree day & the silicon set before I could poor it into the boxes.... yep just a 10kg block of rubber.... round 2 came off perfect. Then after many small trial & error tests I managed to get a good mix of resin/aluminium :
Hammer Head2.jpg

I was struggling to find the right leather, but then on an overseas holiday I found the perfect leather for the look I was after. The quality of this leather was unreal.
The it was time to sand, buff, polish & ASSEMBLE........

The end result I was really happy with:
Thor Hammer - 3.jpg
Thor Hammer.jpg
Hammer 1.jpg
Thor Hammer - 3b.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guy's

Thanks. I forgot to mention the Hammers weight about 7.5lb (3.5kgs), they came out rock solid & have a great feel to them when holding them.
I hand stitched & reinforced the leather strap to ensure it's strong enough if someone wanted to swing it by the strap.

Here are a couple more pics:
Thor Hammers.jpgTHor Hammer - Stitching.jpgThor Hammer - 4.jpgThor Hammer 3c.jpgView attachment 195858

When my status for RPF gets upgraded I will be happy to sell them.

Here is the current one I'm working on...I wanted a darker feel to it, more like Thor 1.. It came out much darker & way heavier, 10.5lb...
Thor Hammer - Heavy.jpg

Hi Thunder, sent me a PM for a price indication. Unless this is against the rules, I'm not sure. If not, please, take the safe road.
This forum is too valuable to be kicked out of :)

Those look great! Nice job! I'd be interested in one definitely, but I'm afraid shipment for a 3 and a half kg prop might kill me! :lol

But man, those look so good! :thumbsup

Hi guy's

A huge thanks for your support, to make sure I'm within the rules I can't post out the price as yet (until my status ticks over). But soon as it does I'll let you know.
Feel free to email me if you have any questions about the hammers.

I have enough materials left to make a few more if there is interest. I'm going to start working on a display cradle for them, maybe something that moves & has a few other functions. stay tuned guys...

Hi guy's

Just started drawing up a design for the display cradle...Looking around at all the art work of Asgard, there are so many great options.
I did consider the hammer in stone/mud, but then thought if it's going to be a display piece I would want something that would fit in within their chambers.

here is a sneak peak at what I'm thinking:
Display 2.jpgDisplay 1.jpg

Hi guy's

As I don't have the Thor Helmet, I was thinking of incorporating it into the display cradle. Here is an very early draft before all the detailed design is added.
Display 3.jpg

Hi Echo9,

cool, I'll keep you posted. There isn't a junkyard thread yet.
Here is a fresh cut, with some additional detail added.
Display 3b.jpg

Once the LED's are attached:
Display 3b-lights.jpg

Last edited:
WOW!! Thunder2, that is some impressive work and design!! Count me in and keep me posted if a run for these is started. Keep up the good work!

That is amazing. did you draw the CAD file from reference photos or did you get some help in that department. I was thinking of doing the same thing but not sure where to start with CAD

Thanks guys,

I'll keep you posted, I'm currently designing the circuitry for the cradle! Once that is done I'll start to look at making a few

well, this certainly removes the disadvantage of throwing your weapon at someone. normal throwers like to carry multiple weapons/ammunition, but when you see thor flying toward you with half a dozen hammers, you know you are doomed :)
i am trying to make mjolnir, but i am having issues with smoothing a really uneven block of wood i stuck together out of half inch bits. as soon as i sharpen up my chisel i will give it a whack but does anyone here know a good way to smoothen a block of wood? it is about 4x4x6in and made out of plywood glued and bolted together. i can't just sand it because it is really uneven, so i will just get a smooth but uneven surface. anyway to level it easily? my block plane is rubbish and i have a semi sharp chisel.

well, this certainly removes the disadvantage of throwing your weapon at someone. normal throwers like to carry multiple weapons/ammunition, but when you see thor flying toward you with half a dozen hammers, you know you are doomed :)
i am trying to make mjolnir, but i am having issues with smoothing a really uneven block of wood i stuck together out of half inch bits. as soon as i sharpen up my chisel i will give it a whack but does anyone here know a good way to smoothen a block of wood? it is about 4x4x6in and made out of plywood glued and bolted together. i can't just sand it because it is really uneven, so i will just get a smooth but uneven surface. anyway to level it easily? my block plane is rubbish and i have a semi sharp chisel.

It might be easier to glue styrene onto it. I made my Mjolnir out of MDF and superglued styrene sheets and garage sale sign on it to give it a quick smooth surface. All that was left was to fill in the gaps on the corners.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back