Salt Lake City Comic Con 2013 -1st year Con for Utah

Awesome! And looks like "Krayt Clan Mandalorian Mercs" is next to them in booth 1121. I'm getting very stoked. I hope the Con announces that the 501st will be there via Facebook and/or their website -I only found out from this thread and that is a piece of information that needs to be shared.

I hope you don't mind, I shared this with my wife to pass on to the Alpine Garrison's SLCC planning committee.

Yep, the Mandos and RL are organizing a jail-and-bail together.

Can't wait to see y'all there!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I hope you don't mind, I shared this with my wife to pass on to the Alpine Garrison's SLCC planning committee.

Yep, the Mandos and RL are organizing a jail-and-bail together.

Can't wait to see y'all there!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Don't mind at all -I'm very excited. This is my first Con, and I've always wanted to meet and learn more about the 501st, rebel legion etc. It seems like such a cool thing that you guys are able to spread the awesomeness of Star Wars and be able to provide help for great causes and charities. Nothing but respect for you guys.

I came across another group that does similar work but is Salt Lake City based called H.E.R.O.I.C. They are in booth #1021 (They costume for charities etc but do more super hero stuff, although I think they branch out into Star Wars and other sci-fi stuff). Just passing along info that you may find helpful/interesting.

Thanks! I've been 501st for 9 years now, and it's been a very rewarding experience!

I'm familiar with H.E.R.O.I.C., I know a guy who dresses as Batman with them. Haven't met any of the other members of the group (I don't think) but they seem like an awesome group as well. I also think there's a Ghostbusters group in Utah that does charity work as well.

So far we have 5 astromech droids on tap to be displayed at the Rebel Legion booth! Be sure to come by and introduce yourself!

Be sure to visit the 501st Booth on Friday and get your droid hunt badge, then play along on Saturday!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad that I made it all 3 days. My time on Saturday was spent mostly in line for a photo and autograph from Stan Lee -lines were long but well worth the wait :) My wife made it to the panels that I missed (William Shatner and than Stan Lee) and I'm hoping that I can see them on some type of DVD -I know that a lot of things were filmed and I'd be surprised if the the videos don't surface somehow/somewhere.

Ultimately, Stan Lee being there just took the Con to a whole new level of awesome. Going through Con withdrawals and am already looking forward to next year :)

SLCC's official estimate is that there were between 70,000 and 80,000 people there on Saturday alone! That's HUGE, and is officially the 4th-largest attendance for a Comic Con in North America! It was awesome but completely overwhelming. We were so jammed in our aisle we had to stop allowing photos with the Astromechs.

There were some glitches (fire marshal quit allowing people to enter because the crowd was at capacity) but for a first-year con that exceeded the organizers' estimates of attendance, it went really well!

I didn't know that there was such a thing as post-Con blues, but I'm having serious withdrawals.. Can't wait for next year!

First comic con and had a great time with the wife. Had my 1974 mego captain Kirk figure signed by Mr. Shatner himself asking to have him sign it to Kirk. He was a little confused until I told him that's my name..Kirk. Also got a great picture with and autograph from the young T'Pring from the orginal Star Trek episode Amok Time. I was having a ball with all the TOS stuff. The wife knew a back way in from the previous day so we never waited in that line that wrapped around the whole Salt Palace convention center.
Some great costumes and my son was a pretty authentic Joker with people across the street yelling his name while walking through a slew of other costumes standing in line. We lost him early as he was stopped every 5 minutes for a pic. Pretty much a river of people with eddys and currents. Can't wait until next year to see how close it comes to San Diego in attendance.
2013-09-06 15.40.20-2.jpg
2013-09-06 16.03.18.jpg
2013-09-07 15.10.53.jpg

Last edited:
I'm very excited for Fan X -only 4 weeks away now. There is already a great guest line up and they still have some announcing to do. Thus far I'm most excited about Jayne, Adama, and Amy Pond. Crossing fingers for Patrick Stewart and Matt Smith :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back