Birdman (Post-release)

Re: Birdman

This... looks... interesting. I didn't even recognize Keaton at first in the trailer. Wow.

It's a superhero movie... so it's a must see for me, regardless of how weird or ridiculous it is.
It is not a superhero movie. Reading the rest of thread I thought it was too, but the trailer made it look more like a "I used to be famous, what happened to me?" movie and the imdb entry confirmed it.

Sent from my Etch A Sketch.

I like the first trailer better...
He pretty much looks completely bananas, out of his mind, crazy.
Looks like it'll be weird fun though.

Wow! This is more about a schizophrenic actor with his alter ego Birdman talking him into things… more drama than comedy, that's interesting.

Yeah, this is NOT a superhero movie, kids. This is a drama/black comedy, moody, dark and somewhat depressing flick.

15549130801_4086c7b2f9_o.png

There was a movie called the boy who could fly. In the end the mentally challenged kid flew off in the sunset. Cool

I hope Birdman has a similar ending. He saves the planet and flys away.

Saw this just a few hours ago. I wasn't sure what to expect, I had some general ideas and it really seemed like my kinda movie.

Unfortunately, I was very disappointed. The whole thing seemed to be geared towards pushing the actor's performances... almost like they were trying too hard to make these Oscar-worthy performance (especially Keaton and Norton). Those performances just fell flat for me, it all seemed too forced and I never really felt the tension the movie needed to work. The soundtrack (the drums) got old quick and the camera working and camera blocking (?) or set up was also jarring (I don't think you're supposed to notice that actors are standing or sitting certain way to let the camera move through).

The best parts of this one were the lead female roles (Emma Stone especially) and Zach Galifianakis was solid, too. But, even they couldn't save this... I don't get all the buzz it's getting, the movie failed on too many levels on what could've been an interesting premise.

Saw this just a few hours ago. I wasn't sure what to expect, I had some general ideas and it really seemed like my kinda movie.

Unfortunately, I was very disappointed. The whole thing seemed to be geared towards pushing the actor's performances... almost like they were trying too hard to make these Oscar-worthy performance (especially Keaton and Norton). Those performances just fell flat for me, it all seemed too forced and I never really felt the tension the movie needed to work. The soundtrack (the drums) got old quick and the camera working and camera blocking (?) or set up was also jarring (I don't think you're supposed to notice that actors are standing or sitting certain way to let the camera move through).

The best parts of this one were the lead female roles (Emma Stone especially) and Zach Galifianakis was solid, too. But, even they couldn't save this... I don't get all the buzz it's getting, the movie failed on too many levels on what could've been an interesting premise.

Looks like it worked. Nine nominations. Hope Keaton wins.

Looks like it worked. Nine nominations. Hope Keaton wins.
He doesn't deserve it for Birdman. Bradley Cooper gave a much better performance in American Sniper - without the aggrandizing and often disruptive performance Keaton gave us.

This film went way over your head...just kidding. I have no idea what's happening in this. Why the meditation? Very artfully dkne and I would say the performances are great.

Other than that the low key jazz set drove me nuts. I guess I'm so used to rousing scores or solence in my films.

I really liked the movie. I like this kind of ending where you can interpret it your way. Bu it's still confusing as I got 2 theories in mind now :p. I love the way the plot is progressing and how the characters often interact. Really good :thumbsup

We saw it Friday night. Great flick.

Spoilers!!!!!

I read an article where the director said he left it open for your own interpretation on how it ends. BS. When His daughter looks out the window, looks up and smiles.....he made it and was flying off. He saved his career, his relationship with his daughter and was now flying off to save the world.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back