Wow, I should have raided my parents attic for toys years ago ! Action figures !!

Hi there,

well I still have all my 1980's star wars action figures at my old room
in a closet boxed up from light ... and I have made it absolutely clear
to my parents not to play with them in the daylight

Also my very first action figure Yoda ... as seen here :

evenhough mine is taken out of the bubble and has somesort of hair
added on the back of Yoda's head.

-Chaim

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, I know there is a Dragonne in another box with some G1 Transformers that my brother owned. I had never seen the D&D figures pictured that I didn't have. Good stuff.

I sold all of my Transformers too! I had the original Jetfire too, which is worth some money now!

I was watching Toy Hunter the other night with the the GI JOE Tomahawk helicopter on it. I had one and gave it to my cousins when they were younger. I looked it up on eBay and it's worth $100+ loose!

The only toys I have from when I was young are my older brothers G.I. Joes (the originals, long before the small action figures) that I got as hand me downs. I'm 48 and they're 54 and 55, and other than them painting the original foot lockers (damn it), the figures and all the clothes and accessories are in great shape. I have an original R2D2 action figure from the first SW toys, but it now has "battle damage" that it got from a house fire we had, coating it with smoke. A woman at work gave me some old toys to see if I might be able to sell them for her, and one is a Yoda like the one shown above, but it only has the cloth cape and not cane or snake.

Other than that, I have an old die cast Batmobile with the Batman figure (Robin is missing) that I've had forever, an old James Bond 3 wheeled Hot Wheels style car, and probably a few other things I've forgotten about.

We keep finding old hot wheels around the yard that i lost years ago or in the old sandbox. I found an old Kitt and an old General lee with the paint and decals still in pretty good shape. There's a Ateam van floating around too. Oddly enough there was little rust but the tires were a mess on all of them.

I'm 60 now, but I remember this like it was yesterday: when I was 8 -- this would be around 1960 -- we visited my grandma, my dad's mother, and found an old box of his stuff in her attic. It was the usual bunch of Depression-era crap, roller skates with keys, marbles, a wooden top...and the first 14 issues of the original Captain America Golden Age comics. Which I read right there while the grown-ups visited. When we left, Grandma asked Pop if he wanted any of that stuff and he said no and as far as I know, she pitched it. I was not asked if I wanted any of it, but even if I had been, Mom would have nixed it because she was convinced that I, and I quote, "already had enough junk as it is." I still cringe at the memory.

My dad had the same thing happen. He had a bunch of really old comics that an uncle had given him. When he came back from Vietnam my grandma had thrown out every toy, all his comics, and his model car collection!

that happened with my dad i think. i know it happened with my uncles. Actually my dad had quite a few things from when he was a kid. He still has some boy scout handheld signal lights in the boxes that look brand new. He even has his pool table which he's had since his teens. One in a while he sells something but not often. He used to tell me when i was little to save the packaging and put the stuff back in but i had no idea why. Now i do and wish i had.

Oddest find i had was years ago for the estate sale at grandma's we loaded up an old plastic train tabletop diorama of mountains with a tunnel in it from the 60s at least and out of it fell a transformer. It was the Roller unit from the 80s optimus prime trailer. Thing looked brand new and even had mold flash on the tires still.

I was born in '67 so I was at the prime age for all the cool scifi toys from the late 70's-early 80's. I had a ton of SW and ST TMP stuff. The most awesome toy was a refit Enterprise that had engines sounds. The sounds changed in pitch if you tilted the ship up or down. Sadly once I got into high school all my toys went to the local churches. One of my bedroom walls was nothing but carded SW figures hanging up. There must have been over 100 figures from what I remember.

The stupidest thing I did was back in my late 20's, while packing up to move out of an apartment, I took a small wooden box that had every Star Wars collector card and sticker plus the foldable boxes you could get for them and threw it in the dumpster, thinking it wasn't worth anything. There really wasn't a big SW collectible thing going on at that time as far as I knew, and I think back about doing it and wish I had a time machine to go stop myself from doing it.

i wish i could stop myself from buying all the crap i did thinking it would be worth something and it never was.

My mom knew better than to throw out my stuff because it happened to her. Her mom threw out her treasured Lone Ranger silver bullet pencil sharpener, a radio premium. A couple years ago, Mother's Day was coming up and I checked ebay...and found one right away! That was fun giving that to her.

My dad read golden age comics, but those were thrown out on him, too. :(

My dad never thru anything even if it was busted lol. Back in 2006 my buddy who ebays stuff for me spent 3 hours digging thru boxes of crap just for bits and pieces of toys that might sell. Oddly enough i had the parts that most folks lost.

Wow - I had no idea they even made D&D figures from the cartoon - did they have Presto, Bobby, Eric and (fingers crossed) Venger?

I worked for a garbage company from 1986 - 1990. We picked up residential in North Caldwell NJ. I saw so many Star Wars figures and ships thrown out, along with Atari 2600's I lost count. I remember one weekend having a garage sale and I sold loose figures for something like 3 for $1 and ships/playsets for probably less than $5 each. I don't remember how much I made, maybe around $100 but would love to have even half of them back.

@Funky^, I missed my Mego figures too, so I hit eBay and bought all the ones I had when I was young. I just need a Hulk, a 12" Christopher Reeve version Superman and the Batmobile.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back