3D Printed Samus Varia Suit - FINISHED! (Pics on pg.14)

Re: 3D Printed Samus Varia Suit

Made an account just say how awesome a job you did. Seriously! It is amazing! And now I also just noticed you are from washington... so am now wishing I could see this in person and give you a giant high five.

Oh. My. God.

You should get featured by Nintendo like they did in this video!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yup, I was actually thinking that I need to check my subscriptions over here, and no less than 3 different articles about you and this costume popped up in my news feed. Great result BTW.

Impressive work. If you plan on doing a whole lot more detail sanding and polishing in a tiny, confined space, I cannot recommend these things enough:

http://festoolusa.com/power-tools/sanders/ROTEX-ro-90-dx-multi-mode-sander-571823

It can go from rotary action to random orbital to plain old vibration for the triangle pad, and when you plug it into one of their dust extractors, you won't need to wear a mask or put sheets down over your carpet. Mighty expensive, but the motor will last for years and it saves an insane amount of time. Their Granat paper is equally impressive for paint work.

I pop into this forum once a year to run the Halloween costume contest. THIS is fantastic. As others have said you even look like Samus with the helmet off! What I like most is that you took the added effort that many skip and finished these 3D prints so that they were truly high grade. Well done.

I highly recommend you enter this year! http://www.therpf.com/f24/rpf-2014-halloween-costume-contest-225751/

Congrats on a fantastic costume! :thumbsup

I pop into this forum once a year to run the Halloween costume contest. THIS is fantastic. As others have said you even look like Samus with the helmet off! What I like most is that you took the added effort that many skip and finished these 3D prints so that they were truly high grade. Well done.

I highly recommend you enter this year! http://www.therpf.com/f24/rpf-2014-halloween-costume-contest-225751/

Congrats on a fantastic costume! :thumbsup

Oh yeah I almost forgot about the contest! Totally going to. Can I wear part of my costume for the proof photo? It's so hard to get fully dressed up as Samus, haha!

Oh yeah I almost forgot about the contest! Totally going to. Can I wear part of my costume for the proof photo? It's so hard to get fully dressed up as Samus, haha!

Make sure the whole costume is in the photo but you can be wearing only part of it if you like. :)

Looking back through the pics, I can totally see how the shins and thighs are binding up on eachother. It might help to hike up the thighs a bit so that they're up higher on your hips. I think that would add to the accuracy of the look by making your legs appear longer, and stop them from hindering your movement.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back