3D Printed Samus Varia Suit - FINISHED! (Pics on pg.14)

Re: 3D Printed Samus Varia Suit

If the EL tape looks remotely as good as in that pic.... mmmmmmm. Perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normal people spend their Sunday evenings going to a movie or eating dinner with their family.

I make duct tape pants.

9SQMGkz.jpg

And then stuff it with newspaper so it looks like a horrible amputee accident.

I needed a new partial mannequin to make the ribbing that goes around my hips. Don't judge.

So um, why don't you ever show your face? :rolleyes

The first picture I posted of myself required the pepakura helmet to be covering my face, and this one was of my pants. It wasn't necessary. My profile picture has my face if you really need to see it for some reason. :p

Hahaha, is that saran wrap under the duct tape? That's a brilliant low budget solution to needing a mannequin of your size. Excuse me while I do the same

Hahaha, is that saran wrap under the duct tape? That's a brilliant low budget solution to needing a mannequin of your size. Excuse me while I do the same

It is indeed! It works brilliantly. Just make sure when you're taking it all off you don't cut your underwear off too...

The first picture I posted of myself required the pepakura helmet to be covering my face, and this one was of my pants. It wasn't necessary. My profile picture has my face if you really need to see it for some reason. :p

Holy crap! You actually look like Samus Aran! **** just got real in here!

Holy crap! You actually look like Samus Aran! **** just got real in here!
Well after that statement I had to look. He's not lying. This will be a plus if you feel like walking around without the helmet for any length of time.

I would never let a friend use an exacto knife near my body.

LOL I'm with you there, I used one too near my own body, building a plastic model at age 12, and it cost me 4 stiches on my palm.

Talaaya, Updates are awesome. The worbla over foam is looking really great.

Well after that statement I had to look. He's not lying. This will be a plus if you feel like walking around without the helmet for any length of time.

Haha! Well I'm glad you guys think so. I'm a little worried my hair isn't quite blonde enough, but whatever. And yeah, I will definitely be walking around part of the time with my helmet off. Gotta get my hair cut first though. It's down to about my waist right now!

Haha! Well I'm glad you guys think so. I'm a little worried my hair isn't quite blonde enough, but whatever. And yeah, I will definitely be walking around part of the time with my helmet off. Gotta get my hair cut first though. It's down to about my waist right now!

And I thought mine was long. (Down to the middle of my back when it's not braided)
Wrangling long hair in a helmet isn't the most fun thing in the world. I would reccomend pinning it all up out of the way and pulling a headsock over your head. It's the easiest way to keep it all out of the way and NOT spilling out the sides of the helmet.

And I thought mine was long. (Down to the middle of my back when it's not braided)
Wrangling long hair in a helmet isn't the most fun thing in the world. I would reccomend pinning it all up out of the way and pulling a headsock over your head. It's the easiest way to keep it all out of the way and NOT spilling out the sides of the helmet.

I'll actually be wearing a balaclava to avoid any neck skin visibility; I'll just have my ponytail lay down the back of my neck underneath it. This should preserve my hair pretty well for when I do eventually take my helmet off. I'll also have a foam neck seal over that so I'm not worried about having lumpy hair neck. It's too long for Samus though so that's why I need to get it cut.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back