New ironman helmet made for sintra updated 7/7/2013 Helmet painted and eyes done

Demolition

Hi guys i started this a few days ago just really to see if i could make it from this material and got carried away so im afraid these are all the pics i have, It old sign board i got from work i think you guys call it sintra i used it to make my aliens pulse rifle http://www.therpf.com/f9/aliens-m41a-pulse-rifle-finished-working-motion-tracker-mod-178036/ and was really suprised how easy it is to work with so thought i would have ago making a helmet out of it, The main reason being my MK6 suit is made from foam http://www.therpf.com/f24/my-ironma...e-18-9-2012-first-ever-suit-up-outing-127360/ and for those of you that wear foam know its really hot and i wanted to make a helmet that opens with servos and think the would be easier and cooler with a plastic helmet so thought i would have a go and here is how far ive got see what you guys think .....

Last edited:
Re: New ironman helmet made for sintra

How difficult is it to work with sintra? Also do you use foam files to cut out the templates and finally how do you glue it? I really like how sintra helmets look and plan on making one myself.

How difficult is it to work with sintra? Also do you use foam files to cut out the templates and finally how do you glue it? I really like how sintra helmets look and plan on making one myself.

Its really easy to work with you can heat it up with a heat gun and bend it and it cools hard again it also sands really well it really easy to get smooth corners, I used jf customs coverted for foam files and i use extra thick bob smith industeries super glue it stick it really well and because its thick it helps fill some of the gaps.

I like the look of it mate, keep it going. Never looked into Sintra tbh but it looks like a nice and clean build

Looks great. I've been thinking about trying out some sintra, I like its potential.

Its really easy to work with you can heat it up with a heat gun and bend it and it cools hard again it also sands really well it really easy to get smooth corners, I used jf customs coverted for foam files and i use extra thick bob smith industeries super glue it stick it really well and because its thick it helps fill some of the gaps.

HMMM you have got me thinking about using this for Iron Man fingers... hmmm
tumblr_m4vmeec9aI1qj3ir1.gif

Attachments

• tumblr_m4vmeec9aI1qj3ir1.gif
    tumblr_m4vmeec9aI1qj3ir1.gif
    187.2 KB · Views: 145

Got the face plate finished today just working on the hinge system now, Ive got it all worked out just need to get some bolt to fix it all together, I need to then just make the teeth and the ears and then should be ready for some filler and paint.

See what you think....

completed the hinge system for my helmet just the teeth and the ears to got then its on to the electronics

Say cheese lol thats the teeth done just the wars left to do the some filler and paint might sort the electronics first though before i paint it

Re: New ironman helmet made for sintra updated 5/6/2013 teeth done

this is just awesome brother cant wait to see more

Nice clean work brah looks good ta me keep up th' great work.:popcorn

Looking really cool!!

Is it possible to bondo/sand sintra? Or you're just going to paint it once it's finished?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back