The Definitive Guide to Cutting Pepakura with a Silhouette Cameo

Are any of you running Windows 8 and were able to do this successfully? I followed the whole pdf guide but the driver I have from the CD (as well as the one provided in the link) start but then say "Installation Stopped" every time I try it...

Any help would be great.

It was working on my old laptop that ran Windows 7 but now that I have Windows 8 on this new laptop, it just won't work. Help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Are any of you running Windows 8 and were able to do this successfully? I followed the whole pdf guide but the driver I have from the CD (as well as the one provided in the link) start but then say "Installation Stopped" every time I try it...

Any help would be great.

It was working on my old laptop that ran Windows 7 but now that I have Windows 8 on this new laptop, it just won't work. Help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Not sure what the issue is, but I am running my paper cutter on Windows 8. So it can be done.

Hope it helps.

sweet......just got mine in the mail and was looking for guides on the web....a lil voice told me to check the RPF. Poof here it is!.....Much appreciated for the file!

I need some help I have the cameo just bought running on windows 8 no matter what I do the cut won't line up I have tried measuring the marks and it's off tried entering the measurement the viewer gives me and even adding one nothing works. I followed the pdf. It finds the registration marks when you do that step. Please help before I go crazy ha

Ok so i figured out what was wrong some of my pages were still set in A4 when i was trying to use letter i dont know how it happened but it did all fixed. Helpful tip to any one having issues with pulling pieces off the cutting mat. i use the reverse side of mat non sticky side and just tape pieces down 35 pages cut and no issues 99% accurate. However i would like to know is there a way to have the machine score the dashed lines? that would be helpful. Thank you and hope the tape idea helps someone because i noticed my pieces would be almost warped from trying to get them off of mat.

Hi Grenex,

Thanks so much for assembling your terrific guide. I don't think I would have gotten this far without it.

I'm still in the testing phase but it's printing offset on both axes by about 1/4". Did anyone experience this? Any fixes?

Also, on page 14, there is a white box in the lower right corner that which apparently has some (probably important) text in it but it's not displaying for me...I just get the last letter on every line.

Also, on page 14, there is a white box in the lower right corner that which apparently has some (probably important) text in it but it's not displaying for me...I just get the last letter on every line.

yeah, i am not sure why that block does not convert properly into PDF format. have tried to fix it. Basically it just says: "USEFUL HINT:
PurdueMadLou from therpf.com suggested taking the blade out of the cameo and looking down thru the opening to better align the blade with the registration mark"

Hi, I recently purchased a Silhouette Cameo for the sole purpose of cutting from Pepakura. I also bought the special Pepakura viewer for my machine, followed this tutorial several times but I always have the same result: The pieces at the top are cut perfectly, but the downmost pieces are not. They always have an offset of ~0.8mm which of course is a problem.

I thought my machine was not working properly, but then I tried cutting straight from the Silhouette Connect software and it worked perfectly, even while the registration marks were searched automatically. Then I started exporting pepakura files as pdf and manually overlaying DXF files over them, but that's a tedious process and there should be a better way. As there was none, I decided to create it:

I've been working on an Adobe Illustrator script that will take a PDF exported from Pepakura, add registration marks and export each page ready to be cut with Silhouette Connect (the Silhouette's Illustrator plugin). I'm working on this for my needs, but if someone else is interested, I could release it once finished. I could use some testers to

--

TLDR: Got tired of the current tools available to cut Pepakura files with my Silhouette Cameo. I'm working on a tool for Adobe Illustrator to streamline the process. Please contact me if you're interested.

Hi Aurelio,

I'd certainly be interested in testing out any Illustrator shortcut! My Cameo is new enough that I'm just thrilled not to be hand cutting any more…any offset is still forgiven. But I would be happy to streamline the process.

One thing i've noticed with Pepukura for Silhouette, if I do not have the registration marks set in the Connect right, I also have to do a registration mark reading every time before I have the Pep program start up or I will have the offset, often at one end while the other is perfect which causes a slight warp with the end product.

Hi, I recently purchased a Silhouette Cameo for the sole purpose of cutting from Pepakura. I also bought the special Pepakura viewer for my machine, followed this tutorial several times but I always have the same result: The pieces at the top are cut perfectly, but the downmost pieces are not. They always have an offset of ~0.8mm which of course is a problem.

I thought my machine was not working properly, but then I tried cutting straight from the Silhouette Connect software and it worked perfectly, even while the registration marks were searched automatically. Then I started exporting pepakura files as pdf and manually overlaying DXF files over them, but that's a tedious process and there should be a better way. As there was none, I decided to create it:

I've been working on an Adobe Illustrator script that will take a PDF exported from Pepakura, add registration marks and export each page ready to be cut with Silhouette Connect (the Silhouette's Illustrator plugin). I'm working on this for my needs, but if someone else is interested, I could release it once finished. I could use some testers to

--

TLDR: Got tired of the current tools available to cut Pepakura files with my Silhouette Cameo. I'm working on a tool for Adobe Illustrator to streamline the process. Please contact me if you're interested.

In case anyone is interested there is another easier way to get the DXF files for most pep files and use them in the Silhouette Studio software.

http://1drv.ms/1xysNz3

Hi BlindSquirrel,

I just uploaded the first version of the script. It can be downloaded here: https://github.com/AurelioB/pdoCutter/releases/download/v1.0.0/pdoCutter.zip

Basic instructions are here: https://github.com/AurelioB/pdoCutter

The workflow is still biased towards Silhouette Connect, but I'll add the option to generate SVG files that can be used with Silhouette Studio or Sure Cuts a Lot

Please let me know if you have any problem

Thanks! I look forward to trying it out!

Wow is all i can say. I had to join RPF just to thank you. I am sure i will get other very useful info as i progress with my current project though. I was having a horrible time cutting out my files. i am very familiar with my Silhouette but could not get it to cut right. after reading your guide it is now flawless. the only thing i did different is my blade depth setting. on my card stock, it almost seems to deep with it set to 2. but i am sure 1 probably wouldn't cut it.

again, thank you so much.

I realize this is an old thread, but taking my chances:

I just got a Cameo for Christmas, specifically for cutting PDOs for an Iron man suit.

Followed the guide to the letter, and no matter what I do, it seems like one side is always a millemeter or two off. Usually the left side is spot on, and the right side gradually gets worse the further right you are on the page. I've been at this for hours, and can't seem to get it right.

Any ideas?

Measured, re-measured, and re-re-measured the offsets for the registrations. (Always seems to be around 285.5mm vertically and 199.5mm horizontally, running A4 paper in landscape mode)

Tried multiple files (using Darkside501st's MKVII helmet to test with, pages 1-3, and also a clone trooper helmet)

Tried moving a lamp closer to the Cameo when reading the registration marks (that made it worse the first time) then tried a flash light (a little better, but still off)

The room the cameo is in does not have the best lighting, but even with a flashlight shone directly at the registration marks, it's STILL off.

Going batty here.

Thanks in advance!

Hello.
So I have gone over the guide a few times and have had help from a few friends, but every time i cut my silhouette is about 2 mm low and 2 mm to the left. I have checked the guide and I line up my blade. All I can guess is the software is goofy, cause it work when I cut vinyl using the silhouette software. I would be grateful for any advice.

I had a problem like that. For me I had to customize my paper size because my paper size was 216x279mm card stock and the programed paper sizes did not list that as an option.
I hope that this might help.

My problem is that the Silhouette nails the side to side registration right on, but is ALWAYS 2mm above the printed lines. I've tried using an offset but no joy. Any help appreciated.

Scott

Anyone else maybe experiencing issues like myself. got a new cameo. the one that requires the use of silhouette studio to print as viewer wont work. Make sure you've got the settings for the paper (mines not the same as a4). Im using a4 cardstock however the studio had it listed as 110mm x 296. On the packet that my cardstock arrived in it says 110x297.
Also, my cuts are about 1mm to the side of all the lines, however im convinced theyre fine as ive reprinted the files an even though theyre off, they are the same size so guessing its a plotting issue.

J

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back