Harry Potter Sorting hat sculpt.

Gossoon

For my first post I thought I'd showcase my scale model of the Harry potter sorting hat. My reference for this was actually an image of a cake I'd seen online, so I wouldn't class my model as "movie perfect". Its more of a loose representation. I did however use some screen shots for reference, so i like to think its at least recognisable, and accurate to some degree. The model itself is only about 2 inches tall. I tried to be as proportionally accurate as possible, but I have no idea what the actual scale of the end model would be.

I looked out some "Newplast" modelling clay that i had lying around and decided to use that as my base material. however i lacked any real sculpting tools, as I'd never properly sculpted before and had seen no reason to invest. Regardless, I decided not to let this deter me, and instead improvised some of my own. I sat down with the tv on in the background, and began to model. The Newplast was quite old, so took a bit of persuasion before becoming malleable enough for me to start working with. I just threw it at the board repeatedly. That seemed to do the trick.

there's not much else to say about the actual project, as it was relatively simple, and straight forward. I wish I'd taken more photos a the project progressed, but I hadn't originally planne on posting about it, so neglected to do so. Any way, I was proud of how it turned out, so here it is! I hope you enjoy.

Goss

P.s - absolutely no idea why the pictures are sideways...?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    968.7 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    917.9 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 151
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 114
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 122
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back