Avengers SHIELD J8 Jeep - Help

Fly4v

Sr Member
So I have been able to find what needs to be done to make the Shield Acura SUV:
Driving The Avengers S.H.I.E.L.D. Acura MDX

Found the army surplus Shield Humvee for sale on Ebay.

Here is an image of a civilian Shield Humvee.... guess Loki's ride from the movie and will be in the TV series.

Yet, I can't find anything on the J8 'Foreign' military jeep at Agent Hill drove.

Does anyone have any info and images for the marking?

I have been through the screen caps and know there is a J8 badge to cover the hole for the civilian radio antenna.

It is barely visible in the lower left corner but there are numbers on the hood.

Guess it would be two letters and then four numbers based on other vehicles.

Any help and images would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Was able to find a flat black jeep in Texas to use as a base to put the Shield markings on.
The tires are too large and the body lift is too high plus the movie jeep didn't have doors but this should serve as a good starting point for ideas. Plus, if I do this, there are times I will have doors so need to figure out what they would look like anyway.

The photoshopped wheels are the winter steel wheels from Mopar. They are the closest thing I could find to the J8 wheels.

Last edited:
I thought I posted.... There's a company out of the UK, I'm forgetting the name, that did the rollcage conversion. I believe it was a jk8 pickup conversion first, then the roll cage added. I tried finding the info at another forum I'm on, but couldn't. You may have luck checking LMC for some rims that would work.

Jeep did a number of COTS/Mil-Spec Jeeps a few years ago, but the Avengers Jeep was not based on those. I've been kicking around the same idea for a project to keep me busy over here, but I have to find a good priced american spec jeep first.

That is JGMS at Jeep J8 - Light Patrol Vehicle (LPV)

But the vehicle in the movie in not a JK8 but an actual J8 you can see the leaf springs in the screen caps when Hill does the 180 also the welder of the cage was on the jeep blogs with WIP photos.

Sadly, the JK8 Mopar conversion doesn't give us the heavier suspension, costs over $50k US and gives you a truck cab with barrier in the back.

Wish AEV was able to finish their Milspec project of selling the bodies for us to put in Engines and Tranmissions in but that fell through.
I did find a guy that got a J8 out of Egypt but it isn't North America compliant.

Sadly AEV doesn't even sell the Milspec bumper anymore. We'll have to buy the premium bumper, cut off the rubber pads, and then add the helicopter lift hooks.
JK Premium Front Bumper - Front Bumper & Accessories - Body / Exterior - Shop By Category
Rugged Ridge XHD Bumper D-Ring (Pair) Black 11540.20

Have yet to find the back bumper with antenna mount.

As you can guess, my hope is to get a Sport JK and build it up as close as I can.

But the rollbar will be biggest problem thanks to the shoulder belts. I will keep the back seats and just have a panel to cover them when folded but need to keep the 45 degree bar and then add the proper 90 degree turn.
The plan is to have that Marsden Matting, pioneer kit and cargo net to hide the seat belt bar and the B pillar.

Guess I will never get the split windshield or proper hood.

No this is not a JK-8. It is a J8 light patrol vehicle. This is from the guy that built it over on Jeep Forums.

But a JK-8 is the closest we can currently get. I will be using a 4 door with half doors and the jerry cans will cover the back doors.

Here are the rear door plates I plan to use since the handles are flush.
HighRock 4x4? Painted Element? Rear Door Enclosure Kit for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec

Edit: It was made by Jankel in South Carolina.
http://www.jankel.com/products/product.cfm?pID=26

Here is the forum.
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-74403.html

Last edited:
meh, you can find the plastic ones that the DoD uses for sale, along with the can brackets. all over ebay and Historic Military Vehicle sites. Just don't forget your adapter for modern cans.

What adapter? Not that I plan to carry fuel on the side since they will be hanging from the rear half doors.

After going over the few interior photos from the movie need to have the same dash as an 07-10 JK and an auto to be 100% accurate.
I prefer a manual but I haven't seen a manual in a military vehicle outside an old Deuce and a Half.

Did test drive a '13 and the dash and interior is too nice looking and full of chrome even the bottom of the line Sport was glitzy.

The Fuel nozzel adapter for the modern fuel cans. It's black and a little over a foot long. It constist of a cap for the can and a flexable nozzle/tube. If you try to pour for a modern fuel can you'll end up spilling fuel everywhere. I don't know the actual designation or name, just the obscene nick-name.

We had manuals in the 5 ton type trucks (M8XX series) that succeeded the M35A2-Duece and a half, but even theupgraded M35A3 had an automatic. Some random equipment occasionally has it, but 99% of the fleet is automatic. All Jeeps (through the late 60s/early 70s) were manual transmission as far as I recall. Pretty much everything now is an Allison transmission.

Have found J8 axles.

Mopar OEM Jeep Wrangler Military Spec J8 Dana 44 Front Axle Assembly - JK - AutoTruckToys.com

Have yet to find the J8 reinforced tailgate, snorkel hood or badge.

So other than the diesel engine could build a decent JK-8 with the mopar kit, some Mil-spec parts and a big bag of cash.

Since you are Oconus are you looking for a North American spec JK through AAFES car sales or going to try for an Egyptian J-8 and put an US spec engine in it?

Jeeps fetch a premium here, my concern is the follow on importation of it to the US. I'm not going to drop a serious amount of coin on something I can't bring home. I haven't had the chance to fully look into it.

Solved the formula thanks to Marvel Phase One.

The fonts in photoshop are off but the location and content are correct. While not shown, I think 'FUEL' and 'TP??' would also be on the vehicle.

The headlights have protectors and the front bumper doesn't have shackles or crush cans.

Also here are clear examples of the bumper numbers even though they are placed on the hood, lift gate or fender depending on vehicle type.

Last edited:
I know this post is a Little late so i hope this helps the Vehicle that was in the Avengers and driven by Maria hill (Cobie Smulders) was designed and built by Jankel armoring limited out of the UK. it was based off their patrol vehicle and the front and rear bumpers cannot be commercially purchased. A JK 4 door can be modded to make this it will require a bunch of sheet metal work and removal of the rear passenger doors or a patrol body swap.
I hope this helps.
i plan on making my own soon i
http://www.jankel.com/jeep-j8-patrol

I have a J8 hood so i am going to use that with the hood scoop and I know the guy that did the paint for the movie jeep and got me the paint spec its actual a gray blue with a flat finish clear coat.
I am trying to figure out if i am going to buy a tube bender of have someone fab it up for me i am about half way threw the sheet metal work to close up the back door.

If you have any questions? i have a detailed knowledge about the maria hill vehicle may be i can answer some

The J-8 makes an appearance in the new Avengers AOU trailer.
Two Avengers' movies, two jeeps good count.

The fuel cans on each side have been replaced with ammo boxes, there is some kind of custom boxes on the front fenders, custom bumper with a big plate to cover the grille and headlights, two antennas and the tire is now mounted on the driver's side of the jeep.

The antennas look like one bumper mounted and one on top the roll bar.

Also the left horizontal part of the roll bar was removed for Hawkeye's leap. Hope it is only gone for that short sequence.
http://i.imgur.com/AZ0Tj97.gif

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back