Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

As best as I can tell the video is being served at 960x540 to me - I'll take a more detailed look later to see if there are any options to get a higher resolution stream. The capture below is at the window size I happened to be viewing, so it's enlarged. It was captured when the camera stopped zooming and the saber is in its most focused state.

View attachment 698921

Nice cap. Were there any frames when the front of the saber is in focus?

Nice cap. Were there any frames when the front of the saber is in focus?

Let's see if I can attach a PNG without it getting mangled...

Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 1.04.39 PM.png

I think Scott is right about the circle being a milling artifact. Somebody probably asked the machinist a question and he paused there for a second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot about this until this afternoon. I bought a bottle of bourbon for a friend and in return he attempted to lathe the shared stunt. I gave it an experimental paint job back then...mixed my copper rattle can with some semi gloss black with a toothpick and brushed it on. I then dusted black over that like the Hoth flash hider.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    267.1 KB · Views: 132
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    337.1 KB · Views: 120
As best as I can tell the video is being served at 960x540 to me - I'll take a more detailed look later to see if there are any options to get a higher resolution stream. The capture below is at the window size I happened to be viewing, so it's enlarged. It was captured when the camera stopped zooming and the saber is in its most focused state.

S

Does that circle on the pommel look raised to anyone else? Great screen grabs!

Does that circle on the pommel look raised to anyone else? Great screen grabs!

To me it looks like the circle marks around the outside are unevenly depressed - and also partially offset, so as not to form a perfect circle. Like you might see on some other piece of metal you hit with a crooked cutting/punching die multiple times.

But in the end it's not an interesting enough artifact for me nor an obvious part of the intentional design, so not something I'd bother to replicate on my ROTJ saber. At this point I'd really be satisfied with having all the correct basic proportions nailed (diameters and lengths/thicknesses/angles) on all the parts of a replica.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back