Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

In light of this new video, I thought we might benefit from a refresh of this pic in the thread.

Attachments

• imageV2.jpeg
    imageV2.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 247
That would also explain why the other ROTJ sabers got a copper neck when they were based off of this one. I guess I will be repainting mine a third time... still had to redo the booster anyways so this discovery has great timing! Any thoughts for the paint color for the brownish? I am thinking maybe an aged bronze... something to make it a little more interesting than just brown and yet still blend in with the black paint.

First test with Master Replicas V2.
Note that weathering of the ring section is not correct :)
I added vallejo liquid copper over the already painted black with a stencil brush.
Then tapped it with some few thinner with the stencil brush to take off the copper in some areas a bit.
Then, drybrushed some black and very dark brown to darken and add some "dirt"
Last step is a clear satin coat over it.

Perhaps i should darken it a bit more, but i think, basically is there.

View attachment 698391

Mine hasn't arrived yet, so I'm only in the position to be a talker. I was thinking about the same thing as far as washing in some brown and drybrushing where nessesarry That way the black would stay uniform. Great approach , nice job

i wonder how i can go about this with out having to remove the black... maybe like Inigou says and brush brown over the black? im still hoping for more pics to come after tuesday

i wonder how i can go about this with out having to remove the black... maybe like Inigou says and brush brown over the black? im still hoping for more pics to come after tuesday

Yeah, I wouldn't remove anything. Just try to add some brown

First test with Master Replicas V2.
Note that weathering of the ring section is not correct :)
I added vallejo liquid copper over the already painted black with a stencil brush.
Then tapped it with some few thinner with the stencil brush to take off the copper in some areas a bit.
Then, drybrushed some black and very dark brown to darken and add some "dirt"
Last step is a clear satin coat over it.

Perhaps i should darken it a bit more, but i think, basically is there.

View attachment 698391

Welp-- I know what I'm doing when my Trooper Trent stencils arrive.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back