Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

Yeah, three runs in 12 months is a lot. I would love an "accurized add-on" kit for my v2, though! Of course, I wouldn't be able to help myself if you did another hero / rotating run because I have a sickness that requires a steady diet of lightsabers to be kept at bay :)

Also, I want to build a stunt with a motor in it. I feel like there will definitely be more reference over the years, though, and you can put a definitive run together!

One thing that baffles me about this saber is the colors.originally it was obi ones stunt saber,so it was painted to match his hero saber. The neck was copper,the emitter looks grey and the top of the emitter was painted to match tge hollow look of the hero.now in return of the jedi they reused this saber,the copper neck makes perfect sense cause it was cooper in a new hope.what confuses me is the emitter,shouldn't it be dark grey?

I think a new emitter would be nice. & I have to agree, I think your pommel is pretty right on. But I highly doubt that I could, or would, ever take a hacksaw to the booster section. I think you've made a masterpiece, in any configuration (v1, v2, or unibody). I know these type of runs take A LOT of time & effort, but I'm biased towards another run of a 3 piece.

I'm sure I'll do another run at some point. Its just a matter of how long I should wait to see what info gets shared

U know Dan, I've been thinking all day about your "modular" setup. I know below will probably be more money, but in the end it would save in the long run

What if you made them a 4 piece set.

Piece 1: emitter
Piece 2: windvane and grenade rings
Piece 3: clamp area with booster
Piece 4: pommel

U have the emitter and booster like you have on the previous runs but this time around have the grenade rings have threads on the end. So the rings thread into the clamp area with booster.

This would make the rings separate from the booster and if u ever decide to make upgrades you would only have to upgrade that one module piece
(After seeing this last picture posted by Brandon I don't know what more we are missing?)

The downsides I see to this modular setup is probably a bit more expensive because of more machine work with a extra piece now and having a male and female thread

Any further upgraded modular pieces will only work with this modular design, kinda making it exclusive to the first batch... unless u do another run of sabers a long with the upgraded parts

Again this was just an idea I was kicking around

To be completely honest, if I was able to grab a saber on the second run with the uneven rings I wouldn't be worried. I think you have nailed it perfectly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U know Dan, I've been thinking all day about your "modular" setup. I know below will probably be more money, but in the end it would save in the long run

What if you made them a 4 piece set.

Piece 1: emitter
Piece 2: windvane and grenade rings
Piece 3: clamp area with booster
Piece 4: pommel

U have the emitter and booster like you have on the previous runs but this time around have the grenade rings have threads on the end. So the rings thread into the clamp area with booster.

This would make the rings separate from the booster and if u ever decide to make upgrades you would only have to upgrade that one module piece
(After seeing this last picture posted by Brandon I don't know what more we are missing?)

The downsides I see to this modular setup is probably a bit more expensive because of more machine work with a extra piece now and having a male and female thread

Any further upgraded modular pieces will only work with this modular design, kinda making it exclusive to the first batch... unless u do another run of sabers a long with the upgraded parts

Again this was just an idea I was kicking around

To be completely honest, if I was able to grab a saber on the second run with the uneven rings I wouldn't be worried. I think you have nailed it perfectly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A very good thought too.

I'd wait. Why would he post the V2 as his facebook picture? It's easy to think its for us on the board or whatever, but I think it's more likely to be a 40th anniversary teaser for a prop book coming soon. And while the photo isn't necessarily from a professionally shot set, it could well be and be an excerpt from what will be in said book.

Granted all we've seen are pictures of screen images of that, but this looks like a better shot than those. Who knows!

In case you are gauging interest in another full V2 saber run ... I'm in for sure. I would love to attempt a highly accurate paint job. I idealized my unibody V2, which I love, but would also love a 2nd shot at a screen accurate V2.

Would not mind a very accurate V2 but it's nice to have some gap between runs too. Is a new V2 run warranted based on the new info? May be. A new emitter is a must for a future run for sure.

I tried to take a picture matching shot angle. Not exact, but close.
The lighting is not the same.
I see them pretty close!
Anyway, if there will be another run or replacement parts, i will be in for sure.

v2.jpg

Last edited:
I tried to take a picture matching shot angle. Not exact, but close.
The lighting is not the same.
I see them pretty close!
Anyway, if there will be another run or replacemnet parts, i will be in for sure.

View attachment 732215

Looks great, I hope when the dust settles and starkiller's eyes are up to the task a new, revamped replica is offered. I see each part is a little different, enough to warrant a whole new piece. The ones currently in existence are great considering the reference that there was.

I'd definitely put my name down for a new one.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back