Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

ob1al

Sr Member
I have a replica ROTJ hero version, but I have a growing fascination with the Luke V2 saber.

If you own a replica of this saber, I'd love to see it.

What is the best version out there currently?

Is there any substance to the rumour that MR will produce a Luke V2 next year?

I have a "clean" version that I just haven't gotten around to weathering...yet.
LukeV2.jpg

I've since removed the chrome tape from the clamp. After the DVD release, I really couldn't find the tape on there. Just a personal preference. :D

I haven't heard those MR rumors of a V2 in '06 for a while now...I guess we'll find out when the product plan is released (any day now...) but I wouldn't count on it in '06

Is the V2 the exact same as the Hero except for the Graflex clamp and the cone knob? I'm thinking of trying to make one of these myself. :) Awesome shots by the way.

-Tr1p

Originally posted by 3Tripnip@Dec 15 2005, 11:56 PM
Is the V2 the exact same as the Hero except for the Graflex clamp and the cone knob?
[snapback]1136993[/snapback]​

I think theres quite a few differnces...I'm not versed in them all though...Darth Saber has his saber perfect last I recall...Hopefully he will post.

The V2 is not the same as the hero saber. It is enitrely different in every dimension. It may look similar overall , but saying it is the same is like saying the OWK ROTS and ANH saber are the same.

The V2 is the saber prop that Mark wore on his belt through most of the filiming of ROTJ.

It is made out of one of the OWK stunt sabers that was left over from ANH. The body is made from cast aluminum. The casting was made from a woden master made by the floor affects people for ANH.

The saber is essentially the same as the Luke Stunt saber except that the paint sceme is different and it has a knurreled knob on the back of the saber. It has a graflex clamp and a d-ring. It also has a small metal rod ineserted in the emmiter face.

More info can be found here

http://www.partsofsw.com/jedsab_2.htm

Dan Stokes

Last edited:
Originally posted by Anakin Starkiller@Dec 16 2005, 04:37 AM
It may looks overall similar, but saying it is the same is like saying the OWK ROTS and ANH saber are the same.

Dan Stokes
DDStokes@aol.com
[snapback]1137021[/snapback]​

Jeez, that's a little drastic. :confused

That's just what I've heard. Guess I'll have to do more research on this saber. Now, back to the pics. :)

I just know I want one reaaaaal bad.

:lol

I'm surprised that someone hasn't done a run of these before to sell. I guess the detailing/weathering might be a little time consuming to do in multiple. :p

There have been runs before, but in my opinion, no accurate versions produced. The reason is because the Luke ROTJ V2 saber was kinda crap. Acutally... make that Craptacular.

Most people wouldn't want a cast metal saber with a visable seam line running down the side and aluminum tape covering all the rough areas, black paint flaking off and a bent nail running through the clamp so that it stays put, let alone a hollowed out inside with a broken motor inside. :eek:

Some people would, I am one of them. I love the V2 but I'm an accuracy nut and because of that I will probably not see one that I am satisfied with. (Now I'm starting to sound like Serifino) :eek

My ideal v2 would be made from a metal casting based on a wooden master that was replicated from the original master. I want seam lines, I want flaking paint, I want kobbled together craptacular goodness.

Dan

I consider THIS the hero saber actually...since it was in most of the movie...the so called 'hero' was in one shot.

Here's mine...I'm pretty happy with it...
I know it's a little too large, but most replicas of this saber (as well as the hero) are too big...

The blank was from a run a while back and I did the rest.

combo7nb.jpg

Here's mine, again not exactly accurate but I'm always looking to upgrade..The story is it came from saberworks, or so I am told. It came unweathered and missing a thing here and there.

[image]http://www.hooverae.com/upload/pics/DSCF0009.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.hooverae.com/upload/pics/DSCF0011.jpg[/image]

lesternessman, can I ask who was the maker of that saber? I notice it has an Obi ANH style emitter, very distinctive - its a great looking piece.

I was told it came from saberworks?. Not exactly sure 1. who that is, or 2. who told me that, but it was someone from the board. I'm sure they'll chime in if they see this. I bought if off ebay. I believe who ever it came from; that they were also responsible for making my obi apprentice and aayla secura sabers seen below.

[image]http://www.hooverae.com/upload/pics/obipadawan2.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.hooverae.com/upload/pics/ewan\'s.jpg[/image]

Here's mine (Excuse the crazy pic...It was a scan)

This was the result of a colaboration , myself and a couple of other members (Don't know if they want to chime in or not).

I spent a few weeks creating prints and scaling photos then the prints went over to the othe guys for revisions...Back and forth etc.
This was the end product.

lukev.jpg

DS

My V2 should be with me soon...
Machined from my blueprint with a respectful nod to Darth Saber.

I'll post pics when it's here.

Howard.

Originally posted by DARTH SABER@Dec 16 2005, 04:09 PM
Here's mine (Excuse the crazy pic...It was a scan)

This was the result of a colaboration ,  myself and a couple of other members (Don't know if they want to chime in or not).

I spent a few weeks creating prints and scaling photos then the prints went over to the othe guys for revisions...Back and forth etc.
This was the end product.

lukev.jpg

DS
[snapback]1137303[/snapback]​

DS, that is a great looking bit of kit.

Some really fantastic V2's so far in this thread - it's interesting to note the differences between them too.

pmrjulio, is your saber a Luke / Ben shared stunt version?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back