Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

I'm guessing that's just dust buildup between all the rings making that yellowish color? This view really point out the thickness difference between the real thing and the Starkiller rings, which are much thicker in the first run at least.

Here's a rough comparison for discussion
v2 compare.jpg

I like the "look" of your original model's windvane better (with the cutout at the bottom), but this new picture seems to match up with your top (Teal?) model better with the straight lines butting up directly to the slanted area.

However, I'm not sure about reducing the gap between the booster and the pommel as the teal model has.

How where those circuit parts for the activation boards made? No new replica looks right. I have a vintage one for my ESB saber and the shine and quality of the gold is much more striking, same as the V2's board in the new pic.

How where those circuit parts for the activation boards made? No new replica looks right. I have a vintage one for my ESB saber and the shine and quality of the gold is much more striking, same as the V2's board in the new pic.

slothfurnance has the most accurate clamp card for the v2.

slothfurnance.com

slothfurnance has the most accurate clamp card for the v2.

slothfurnance.com

Yeh, I have one. Good shapes, but the gold is definitely lacking compared to the real vintage one and the one in the new V2 pic IMO. Also the board is a different colour. Are the vintage ones real gold and the replicas not?

edit: just matched the lighting and the gold is actually damn close, great!

There were 2 runs if the spinning emitter version.
1st with even rings and 2nd with uneven rings.

Then a unibody run took place.

That one was the 2nd run of the spinning emitter version.
i know because is my actual lightsaber.

I'm pretty sure it's not #1. The first run did not have uneven grip spacing and stuff - the shop corrected that on the first round right? mine are mostly even, and I was on #1

If any other run ever would happen from starkiller, I would suggest to shorten around 3 or 4 mm the booster. Also change the windvane removing the recessed step/line at the bottom and making the emitter longer by a few mm. Also checking the width of the rings but is secondary as they are, if not correct, very close to be correct. If this happens, this saber would be PERFECT.
have to say I'm pretty happy with it as it is now. Just looking for PERFECTION.

Last edited:
Here's a rough comparison for discussion
View attachment 731772

So, I'm a little hesitant to do another full run because I don't know what references Brandon might release in the future and I don't want to find myself trying to hawk a bunch of new lightsabers every time a new reference picture drops. Also, when I look at these pictures, there are a lot of things I like here. I think that the pommel looks pretty spot on. I think the grips and spacing are pretty damn close. The windvain could be corrected with a little filler and some sanding.

The things I'd change are maybe the emitter and maybe the booster. And so, I'm thinking about maybe just doing that and offering a replacement emitter and a replacement booster. The emitter would be easy enough with the muti-part saber. Just pop off the old one and pop on the new one. And the booster could be replaced by hacksawing the old one off under the clamp and then fitting in a replacement part in it's place.

I'm going to do a prototype of this in the next few weeks and see how it looks and if it's worth it.

Excellent idea.

So, I'm a little hesitant to do another full run because I don't know what references Brandon might release in the future and I don't want to find myself trying to hawk a bunch of new lightsabers every time a new reference picture drops. Also, when I look at these pictures, there are a lot of things I like here. I think that the pommel looks pretty spot on. I think the grips and spacing are pretty damn close. The windvain could be corrected with a little filler and some sanding.

The things I'd change are maybe the emitter and maybe the booster. And so, I'm thinking about maybe just doing that and offering a replacement emitter and a replacement booster. The emitter would be easy enough with the muti-part saber. Just pop off the old one and pop on the new one. And the booster could be replaced by hacksawing the old one off under the clamp and then fitting in a replacement part in it's place.

I'm going to do a prototype of this in the next few weeks and see how it looks and if it's worth it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back