Sandbagger's Iron-Man builds - Now in STEEL

Re: Bazza's Iron-Man suit build

Today I worked on the abdominal armour. This is the aluminium I cut a while ago, not steel. I thought I'd at least try to put it together and shape it. If it works, I may be able to use it. If it looks too ugly, then it will be a good first run before I go to steel.

y0EazVf.jpg

AOnqUXo.jpg

CAgURtx.jpg

I might have missed it earlier, but do you have a back ground in metal smithing? Looks awesome so far. Just gotta love METALLL...GM

I might have missed it earlier, but do you have a back ground in metal smithing? Looks awesome so far. Just gotta love METALLL...GM

Not really. I've been a bit of a dabbler and a hack most of my life in one way or another. Did a general machining course years ago, but nothing like this sort of work.

Hack is my montra lol. It's funny the transition from being a dabbler, and then something comes along. Weather it's Ironman or whatever, but when that something catches your eye you are enamoured by the idea. You can't escape it, self doubt does'nt even register. You just have to do it, blocking everything and one who maybe a critic. Once it's all done, there is no better reward. The thing that i apprecciate with this is that you are a self professed dabbler and that you tried it anyway. You're a maniac lol, keep it up buddy...GM

Love the update! Drivers are going to be very careful around you for sure, you could easily damage their car in that outfit;) Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the continued encouragement crew! It really does help to keep motivated, knowing others are rooting for me.

SB

I'm definitely rootin' for ya too bro, you're doin a badass job! Sooner or later I'll be getting started on my build again which I'm changing direction with. I decided to build the mark 43 for the avengers 2 premier and finishing my mark 7 some other time. As for what I've been busy with over the past month..... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414493045.482337.jpg
Halloween is this week and I have some costume contests to win lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm definitely rootin' for ya too bro, you're doin a badass job! Sooner or later I'll be getting started on my build again which I'm changing direction with. I decided to build the mark 43 for the avengers 2 premier and finishing my mark 7 some other time. As for what I've been busy with over the past month..... View attachment 395989
Halloween is this week and I have some costume contests to win lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man. Looks very Ghostbusters. Unlicenced nuclear accelerator?

Torso coming together.

f4sDFmk.jpg

I put the hand together just for fun, but I am not going to use it. I don't like it, don't like the way it moves, (or doesn't), so I will probably make it out of stained thick cow-hide.

NSVWZsd.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back