Sandbagger's Iron-Man builds - Now in STEEL

My good friend James is my expert for coding the sound effects to go along with the lighting and nano-spray. :It's all about tweaking!" Here we play around with the piezo speaker under the hand plate, as well as a brightening LED simulating the large LED ring function. You might also see a small red LED come on briefly at the top of the tone that simulates firing of the nano-plate.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first of six electronic parts ordered from China for the custom voice changer have arrived a couple of days apart.

Why they aren't all shipped together is beyond me. I ordered all together from the one company but sent as six separate orders.

I've ordered two of everything because of the time it takes to get here should something go wrong with one of them.

evOyzEn.jpg

uPTmYL8.jpg

Seeing the rest of the craftsmanship you and your team of excellence have put together thus far, I would have every confidence that you will make it!

Let's suit up!

Finally back in the suit!

It fits!! Looks like that bloody horrible diet worked.....

cTDwOeB.jpg

Jx0epmM.jpg

rTvkx8H.jpg

sPUwXMF.jpg

Attachments

• cTDwOeB.jpg
    cTDwOeB.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Jx0epmM.jpg
    Jx0epmM.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 78
  • rTvkx8H.jpg
    rTvkx8H.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 73
  • sPUwXMF.jpg
    sPUwXMF.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 70
Thanks mate.

Big shout out to all the people along the way who helped out. Electronics, tools, money, advice, encouragement and prayers. It all went towards the project to the point where I ceased to be a fabricator and became a project coordinator.

Whaddya know, the lovely lady at Jaycar jumped me as soon as I entered the shop this afternoon to show me something in their latest catalogue.

That's so nice. Then another shop assistant walked past me and said, "G'day Iron Man!" :lol:

8fPoEKb.jpg

Lots of work last night and today. I've been all over town for bits and flat out in the shed every waking hour. Thanks to James for really putting on steam here. Not much time to go now before the deadline.

Below, James's testing board.

JaHhXYW.jpg

JCknw7G.jpg

Below, wiring looms to bring power up through the suit to the helmet and hands.

SjMrE1q.jpg

rtCdNIz.jpg

Return bungee cord and microswitch bracket.

ADpXAAU.jpg

Found a good spot for the Piezo.

mBrmtwe.jpg

Attachments

• JaHhXYW.jpg
    JaHhXYW.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 67
  • mBrmtwe.jpg
    mBrmtwe.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 65
  • ADpXAAU.jpg
    ADpXAAU.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 63
  • rtCdNIz.jpg
    rtCdNIz.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 72
  • SjMrE1q.jpg
    SjMrE1q.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 63
  • JCknw7G.jpg
    JCknw7G.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 62
Wow, I remember watching this thread since the very beginning and I must say, sandbagger you are really doing Iron Man, Stan "The Man" Lee, Marvel and of course all of us here at the RPF proud! You made this tremendous armor that looks amazing beyond belief, and most times I come back here to look at progress I just can't believe my eyes. You my good sir have such raw talent and I'm glad you put that talent into this because honestly this is the best Iron Man suit I have seen. Congrats man, you deserve it ;)

And now I will sit back and watch progress take its course one update at a time :popcorn :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back