Sandbagger's Iron-Man builds - Now in STEEL

Wow, I remember watching this thread since the very beginning and I must say, sandbagger you are really doing Iron Man, Stan "The Man" Lee, Marvel and of course all of us here at the RPF proud! You made this tremendous armor that looks amazing beyond belief, and most times I come back here to look at progress I just can't believe my eyes. You my good sir have such raw talent and I'm glad you put that talent into this because honestly this is the best Iron Man suit I have seen. Congrats man, you deserve it ;)

And now I will sit back and watch progress take its course one update at a time :popcorn :)

God bless ya mate. Your encouragement is wonderful and much appreciated.

SB

Like I said man you absolutely deserve it, it's the least I could possibly do;)

I sincerely hope all is well man, and thank you for posting this outstanding marvel of craftsmanship to the forum for all to see:)

I was thinking, if you are having problems with water it the mister, it may be worth checking out a modified vape as smoke machine, should be pretty easy to run a blow tube into the helmet. Found this guy using the idea for photography....
Hope it's of some help and it's all looking great by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks gang.

I have looked into the vape devices and didn't like the idea, but it has merit and could be something to fall back on if our other options aren't satisfactory.

Fiddly stuff today. Ran a tap through all the threaded bolt-holes that were full of rust protection paint. Painted a housing on a repulsor, installed another microswitch on the second gauntlet hand-plate. Connected all the wiring harnesses to power.

Just waiting on a couple of devices now.

AQApJgI.jpg

TlI0ue2.jpg

DntfN4F.jpg

TiRX1Zw.jpg

Scvd1Xq.jpg

Attachments

• AQApJgI.jpg
    AQApJgI.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 67
  • TlI0ue2.jpg
    TlI0ue2.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 67
  • DntfN4F.jpg
    DntfN4F.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Scvd1Xq.jpg
    Scvd1Xq.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 62
  • TiRX1Zw.jpg
    TiRX1Zw.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 64
Mate! You defo get the 1st Prize for best Iron Man costume ever!! This thing is soooo cool, I cannot even begin to explain to my friends how you've achieved such amount of details and, most of all, such cool ways to make it functional/wearable!! Keep up the great job!

Mate! You defo get the 1st Prize for best Iron Man costume ever!! This thing is soooo cool, I cannot even begin to explain to my friends how you've achieved such amount of details and, most of all, such cool ways to make it functional/wearable!! Keep up the great job!

Thanks mate.:D

I'M SOOO EXCITED!!! A random stranger from a forum and I have been working together for months to bring electronic hardware in from China. Now I have a full set here and he has a set upstate. He has put it all together and developed command code to control it. Now he is sending me code, software and diagrams instructing me not only how to assemble it all, but how to code in the software and control instructions.

My head is reeling because this really is difficult for me to grasp, but his step-by-step instructions so far have been easy to follow and everything seems to be going smoothly. Normally technology and I are very bad bedfellows. I could not progress at all in this direction without such help.

I can't tell you how excited I am to get this working! The beauty of doing it this way is that I get to build it and code it up myself, giving me more hands on satisfaction rather than just getting someone else to make it and post it off to me.

All software is now downloaded. Tomorrow I pick up some final components then tomorrow night start hooking it all up.

Behold, Iron Man's voice changer module! Soon to be installed!

uBfZKOt.jpg

uBfZKOt.jpg

Joining you in your euphoria :D good to hear things are progressing the way you wanted,SB

Thanks George. :D

I got all this soldering done in an hour tonight. Under the pump!
This is the wire I used because the stuff linked earlier at Jaycar I already have it and it's too thick.

I bought a couple of metres of this stuff and gutted it. Perfect size.
ly6xUA4.jpg

Here's the wire birds nests I built... :D

q7IDVhp.jpg

DB6b0QT.jpg

bgT4rrb.jpg

8nNhNpL.jpg

I had fun as you can see.

Now onto coding tonight.

You and technology are not good bed fellow:confused You could've fooled me!! With all of your electronic stuff already built-in, seems to me that it's not such a stretch for you to go toward more sophisticated stuff;)

My internet buddy and I have been coding and running debugging scripts for hours. He writes them and tells me how to upload them and what to look for. The man has the patience of a saint!

Finally found out that the amp is faulty. Everything else is working perfectly. Lucky I bought two. Ill desolder this one tomorrow night and resolder the spare on. Technology is so frustrating. I'm having a glass of wine.

GohD5hE.jpg

GohD5hE.jpg

After a day up in the Canberra mountains conducting hazard reduction burns, I returned home weary enough that i was wondering if my eyes could even see the minute details I had to solder up tonight.

I couldn't get hold of ViPeR-7 right away, so I went ahead and changed the amp module over to a new one. Powered it up, ran one of his sketches and....

IT WOOORRRRKKKKSSSS!!!!!!! WOOOHHOOOO!!!

SB,congratulations ! I hope you can find a spot in the suit to put all that into ~ 12 batteries and a lot of equipment...holy cow!
Again,congratulations and thanks to Viper

SB,congratulations ! I hope you can find a spot in the suit to put all that into ~ 12 batteries and a lot of equipment...holy cow!
Again,congratulations and thanks to Viper

I will likely dispense with these extra batteries. They are just for testing the circuit. The 12V pack that runs the helmet and gauntlets has some step-downs in the helmet that can spit out multiple outs of lower voltages and run everything.

Drilled out the steel chest plate so the sound can get out the front through the tech. Fitted speaker with a foam buffer for better acoustics. Wired it into the connector for the 12V battery pack. Now to tidy it all up and fit it into a small project box. All I need to do with it then is run the microphone cables out to a 3 stage audio jack for the helmet.

dVsL0FC.jpg

suNe5ph.jpg

8S0rhBP.jpg

dPiHTyX.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back