Sandbagger's Iron-Man builds - Now in STEEL

Re: Bazza's Iron-Man suit build

Today I did my best to complete the articulation of the right arm. The aluminium is screwed into the shell on the inside then covered with fibreglass mat.

As I had leftover resin I started hardening the left arm on the mannequin.

MrKjfrP.jpg

AInfZtO.jpg

great build. Love the progress. I'm hoping to start my EVA foam War Machine soon. This is inspiring to finally start it

Thanks silverboyd.

Padded the insides of the armour today to stop the layers from scratching each other where they overlap. After that, I used socket-head cap-screws to bolt the pieces together. Another quick test fit on me, then back on the mannequin with all the parts.

V72VLHZ.jpg

QLuJepd.jpg

gtNSENU.jpg

TM0dlds.jpg

xiMcKnV.jpg

Nobody replied to those hilarious pictures yet? :D Love them!

Dude that's a great build so far! It has the perfect amount of "bulkieness" to it, especially the shoulders look pretty impressive! And I also like the colors, that's a perfect tone for it Not too glossy, but nonetheless metallic looking! Will try out your coloring technique when (if ^^) I get to that point with my own Mk3 suit (which is still in a very, well... pre-alpha phase ;))

Bless ya mate.

Just for some camera fun and to get the finished bits out of harms way in the shed.

QtZR6OE.jpg

GubtWjf.jpg

STZuIyn.jpg

ribcLRG.jpg

I absolutely love your arc reactor. how did you make it? do you think you could list the materials used or post a vid on it for me. thanks

Man, that IM is looking incredible.

I'd love to see more pictures of your house, too. Very intriguing from these shots!

O... M... G... :cheers

So cool. If I was in Australia, I would love to buy you a drink, and beg to hang out with you.

1. Getting the final fitting done on a half-finished suit and preparing for it's first night out in public!

qaxp8Vp.jpg

2. Only a week to go before the suit goes out in public. Cleaned the shed, organised the benches, got all the fibreglass and bog, paint, sandpaper, files, hot-glue and more, ready to get into some serious overtime this week to get as much done as possible. I at least want to have the whole upper-body finished. No time for the legs. Oh well, at least I'll be able to sit down at the party.

z60xPRd.jpg

Day one of 1 of 6 - got a couple of hours in the shed today so I've been slush casting and putty-filling madly to get done by party time on day 6. Slush casting completed on shoulder bell, bicep and most of left forearm. Bit of filling done on shoulder bell.

JC6UGSJ.jpg

1. A fair bit of progress today. Lots of fibreglassing curing in the shed. In the meantime, the neck piece has been a problem as the rigid fibreglass one offers no movement, plus I can't get my head through it. This new EVA foam one does the trick.

1PS49D3.jpg

2. Fitting with alternate-locking velcro plates.

ZNV84Z8.jpg

3. With helmet. Making some return springs to close the helmet behind my head. More on that bit later.

pojaxuo.jpg

4. Neck piece painted with vinyl spray for flexibility.

vvqBe1K.jpg

Four days to go!

3 days left.....

1. Got the neck installed.

2, 3 & 4. Got the left arm hardened, jointed and have started filling.

5. Got a shoulder bell hardened, filled and sanded. Just put the undercoat on it.

6. Got the waist sorted out, just got to go down town and get some velcro to finish it. I'm having a quick lunch now then back to the shed for some serious sanding muscle.

krZR9tr.jpg

bGDnL6o.jpg

1R2nK9T.jpg

j1yEpc0.jpg

YNaypP0.jpg

GJKCbhJ.jpg

Abdominal and waist armour fitted. Velcro to pull in my fat guts and a couple of nylon straps to hold it up.

tWDHXDZ.jpg

juqADMg.jpg

Wow sandbagger, just wow, I have only just found this thread but it is looking great, everything looks clean. I'm currently building the Mk. IV myself (foam), and your work is definitely going to be helpful once I reach the same stages as you. C:

Keep up the good work!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back