Trying to identify what's this Back To The Future jacket

Ojobenito

Hi all!

Some time ago I got a jacket from the movie Back To The Future. I was told that this was a production / crew jacket from the first movie.
This dark blue jacket has the movie logo sewed on the back and a couple of logos from MCA and "Video One" on the front, and that makes me think it's more about a promotional item rather than a production jacket, but who knows... That's why I'm asking you, just for curiosity. I have no plans of selling it, but I'm just curious about if this jacket has some value or not.

Thanks a lot!!!!!

IMG_0712.JPGIMG_0714.JPG

It looks like a premium that video stores used to get.

Wolf

I agree.
The "MCA Home Video" is the give away.

If I remember correctly, the studio held back the release of the original movie to MCA, so they could time the home video release of BTTF I, with the theater release of BTTF II.

Do you think it has some value? Were there tons of these or it's a rare item? Once again, no plans on selling it, but just want to know what do I have in my hands. Thanks!

Yeah, I picked one up at a thrift store a few years back for $20.00 in black. I ended up popping it on eBay and it went unsold at $40.00 for weeks, so I listed it at $30.00 and it sold finally.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back