Classic spider-man zentai modification & Scarlet Spider build

spidertwan

So, after wanting to be spider-man since I was six I finally started a project to make myself a costume! I've been reading some of the posts on here to get some inspiration and see low budget methods of making a costume. I've seen a lot of awesome amazing Spider-Man costumes inspired by the movies, but I wanted to make a classic suit, with the non-movie front and back spiders.
So I bought a zentai suit which I'm going to modify. I've been inspired by Spidersparrow's build which you can find here:
http://www.therpf.com/f24/spidersparrows-tasm-build-suit-finished-skateboard-pics-11-1-12-a-157959/

Just like he did, I bought a zentai suit and already used some of his methods to make some progress! This is how the suit looked when I got it.

After using Spidersparrow's way of adding the honeycomb this is how the leg looks;
942390_10201230030456878_1528383755_n.jpg
Right now I'm trying to make the webs 3d by using puff paint, it's still a little messy but I'll get there.
922853_10201230313783961_1713022651_n.jpg

942607_10201230674552980_602575049_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Ultimate Spider-man Zentai modification

Looking good! How has this project been coming along? Very nice job from what I've seen.

Thanks man! Well I just finished finals, I haven't really had much time to work on it while studying.
Although I did finish all the black honeycombing on the lower blue parts and have started to do some of the red honeycombing on the chest.
Now that school's over I'll get back to working on it as soon as possible!

I started working on a Scarlet costume as well, It's coming along quite nicely actually.
Lycra ontvangen.png
Original Spandex Suit

pouch finished.jpg
The handmade pouch, I made two of these

pouch try-on.jpg

tussentijds.jpg
The hoodie was just a placeholder, I have another one right now which looks more like the one in the comics.
I've cut two black spiders out of a piece of black fabric to stitch onto it, I won't spray it on.

Both look awesome! Keep me updated :) Where did you get the Scarlet suit btw I'm in the process of designing a different kind of Scarlet Spider right now.

Both look awesome! Keep me updated :) Where did you get the Scarlet suit btw I'm in the process of designing a different kind of Scarlet Spider right now.

Thanks man!
I bought that red suit on amazon; http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004ZKQVM2/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It's just a plain red skintight suit so it should be easy to find pretty much anywhere. I'm happy with the one I have though, it's a good quality, fits comfortably, was relatively cheap and it looks good. :p

Nice! I may have to get one if I can't find any at a local shop. But the concept comes first! Can't wait to see how these builds work out for ya ;)

Concept first indeed, what're planning to do? You said you're designing it yourself, so I assume you're not going to completely follow the comics?

Right now the idea is to use a black hoodie or jacket (depends what I can find at the thrift shop) with red spiders modeled after the Webb movie series. I am considering doing a web pattern for the mask and arms but that may be difficult so I may scrap that idea. My overall concept is to make a Scarlet Spider that you would see as if he appeared in the Webb Spider-Man universe so I am considering doing the honeycomb pattern on the red suit. I have also had some ideas like he uses his own designed web-grenades in combat. That's just what I have come up with and I think it'll make an interesting build.

Thanks I hope it'll make an awesome costume just have to stop stalling and work on it ya know :p I look forward to your progress! I like the look of that classic spidey suit. What style are you thinking for the lenses?

Thanks I hope it'll make an awesome costume just have to stop stalling and work on it ya know :p I look forward to your progress! I like the look of that classic spidey suit. What style are you thinking for the lenses?
Yeah I know too well what procrastinating is like :p Once you're getting into it you can keep on going though.
For the lenses I was thinking to go with the Mcfarlane style ones. Still have to figure out how I'm going to do that though, I know I can just buy some but damn they're expensive, I'll see if I can make them myself first.

Yeah I see what you mean. I'm still considering whether to do the ASM2 style lenses (love how they look) or go with some traditional scarlet lenses and just add the gold honeycomb to them. But I'll leave you alone now :p Can't wait to see both of these costumes man!

Schermafbeelding 2013-06-30 om 23.33.59.png

This is what my bedroom looks like right now :p I know, crappy quality.
Just to be clear, that's the back spider on the scarlet costume, the hood might not be very visible but it's it's back which is facing the camera.
I'm thinking about placing it a little more upward, I put it there for now because I thought it would be a shame if the hood covered up part of the spider but right now it seems a little of, doesn't it?

@spidertwan,your Spidey suit is just pure awesomeness,as well as the Scarlet One :D
By The Way,what about the masks ??

@spidertwan,your Spidey suit is just pure awesomeness,as well as the Scarlet One :D
By The Way,what about the masks ??

Thanks Adam! The masks are attached to the suits, both are one piece-skinsuits. The classic spider-man mask is actually pretty good as it is, you can see me with the mask on for a brief moment in that youtube video in the first post. The only thing I'm going to change about it are the lenses, which are last on my to-do list.

The scarlet mask doesn't require any work either, just the lenses.
This is me goofing around with the mask on that suit;
294825_10201157077553101_1690908390_n.jpg
946270_10201128030626946_830610082_n.jpg
Those lumps on my head are actually my hair, it was still kind of long when I first tried it on :)

Nice job giving us the finger in that last pic XD I'm just wondering where did you find such an awesome zentai. I've always liked his classic look and this is quite nice and that earlier picture reminds me of the closet in the Amazing Spider-Man Game (it just has all his different suits you unlock)

I hadn't even noticed I was flipping the bird until you mentioned it :p
Amazon dude, I got lucky, I ordered a suit not knowing what to expect but it turned out great, so then I ordered the other one, which also turned out great.
I have that game too so I know what you mean, that's actually the reason I hung them, originally they were just folded and put up on a shelf but the game made it seem so cool to hang them next to each other.

Looking good. Tjack has some nice ultimate style lenses maybe something for you?

Where did you get that spidey zentai btw? have been looking everywhere for the comic style front and back spider but wasn't able to find one.

Yeah I know, those lenses look awesome, but to be honest it's just a little too expensive for my current budget. I just made a lens frame myself out of clay and I'm going to try and make a mold out of it. It looks pretty decent actually, I'll post a pic later. If that doesn't turn out the way I want it I'll probably try to gather some money to buy them from Tjack.

I got my zentai here; http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CPO1JIG/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back