Remember Street Hawk??

JON1482

Hi all new to RPF, this is my scratch made Street Hawk helmet and costume. The helmet is an early 80's DIWS Ghibli racing helmet with very rare tinted visor. The gloves are matched to those used (make of gloves never discovered) and boots are Gaerne make as what Universal used on the show.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 661
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 550
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 445
  • helmet2.jpg
    helmet2.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 545
  • helmet3.jpg
    helmet3.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 529
  • helmet1.jpg
    helmet1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 602
Hi glad you like, bike is in progress, check out my other thread. Yes its was a Honda XL 500 (mine's a 600) for the pilot movie and they used Honda CR 250's for the stunt bikes in the TV series, about 15 in all :) .

Ha! I've been waiting for ages someone brings this up! Nice work! Jon, do you think a series reboot with cameos will do? And how would you image a reboot?

Oh man, that's cool.

Better pictures please! The posted ones are way too dark. Can't see all the details.

What all custom changes had to be made to the stock helmet?

Love it, only one season but it left an impression.... certainly better than the blue thunder series (but the film was excellent). Airwolf and knight rider are my favourites (have K.I.T.T. ... now for a Bell 222) but Street Hawk is a close 3rd along with the A-Team but no real Tech in there. A friend of mine was working on Street Hawk but had to give it up. He had the same helmet you have as well.

Look forward to seeing your bike up and going. Putting any gadgets on it like pop up laser and side mounted machine gun?

It's been a looonng time coming but here is my much improved Street Hawk helmet. I will be in costume at this weeks London Film & Comic Con featuring Mr Rex Smith...aka Jesse Mach! IMG_20160723_135550.jpg

Awesome looking helmet. Got one myself a few weeks ago. Needs work but it'll get there. I wish I could get to the London Comic con. Gonna make a real effort next year.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back