STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Yeah, I understand all that. Doesn't mean I have to sit through it all, though.

No, you don't have to... you GET to.

That's how Star Wars fans should feel about any quality storytelling. And this is quality storytelling. It might not be the story you want each week but you should embrace the story, the info, the characters, every nuance especially any new information that expands what we know about the Star Wars universe.

Folks..

It's not rocket science. You either like the show or you don't.

It has been said many times; Star Wars is not science fiction... it is fantasy. If you are a fan, you should just sit back and enjoy the stories they are trying to tell you. If you can't do that, then take the advice of that Sandtrooper... move along.

It's not a matter of technobabble or a lack there of, it's 2 dimensional thinking that's the problem. The writers are approaching the scenario from a land/water based approach, like the Rebels are trapped in a port/harbor and the Empire is outside of it with a blockade to keep the Rebel fleet from getting out to the open ocean where they can escape. What the writers are forgetting is that the Rebels have the option of flying in the atmosphere around to the back of the planet and take off into space from there. To go with my port/harbor blockade analogy, it would be like if a large river connected to the back of the port and the Rebels could sail up the river to where it exits at another part of the ocean far from the enemy blockade.

EXACTLY! As I watched this, all I could think was 'fly the other way' you dumb asses Then it's made even more ridiculous when Ezra needs a 'gap' to make the jump to hyperspace and don't get me started on zero gravity.
Yeah I know it's a kids cartoon but c'mon i'm not breeding idiots.

Oh, you guys are priceless. I either have to like all of it or none of it? Sorry, that doesn't work for me. I like some of Rebels, but for the most part I consider it forgettable. I've watched every episode, but I only consider a couple handfuls of them to be note worthy. There's nothing wrong with the show, I just don't care about Sabine's Mandalorian heritage and all that other stuff.

You like what you like and I'll like what I like. I've been a die hard SW fan since May '77. I'll happily take what I want and discard the rest. I have no obligation to love all of it. I picked and chose what I liked in the EU, certainly did not devour all of it.

I'll have to watch that end bit again, but in no way did it come across as a 17 year old.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to say there was a voice as well....and that voice certainly didn't sound like one that'd changed.

Remember, Ezra met Leia already. So Luke is the same age as Leia when Ezra met her.

It's not a matter of technobabble or a lack there of, it's 2 dimensional thinking that's the problem. The writers are approaching the scenario from a land/water based approach, like the Rebels are trapped in a port/harbor and the Empire is outside of it with a blockade to keep the Rebel fleet from getting out to the open ocean where they can escape. What the writers are forgetting is that the Rebels have the option of flying in the atmosphere around to the back of the planet and take off into space from there. To go with my port/harbor blockade analogy, it would be like if a large river connected to the back of the port and the Rebels could sail up the river to where it exits at another part of the ocean far from the enemy blockade.

You're not hearing what we were saying though. There are safe hyperspace routes that are comparable to the interstate highway system in the U.S. They are mapped and everyone uses them. Yeah you could go off into some random direction, but you're probably going to run into something. There are probably unknown routes that smugglers use or other groups know about, but if you don't you might end up flying through a black hole. I really doubt the Rebel's strategy is always fly into the attacking fleet to escape! It made more sense in ESB because they planned to use the ion cannon to temporarily knock them out first.

Spoiler

Filoni just announced the next season will be the last. That it will be a little different, a little dark.

Spoiler

Filoni just announced the next season will be the last. That it will be a little different, a little dark.

An announcement is not a spoiler.. you're ok.

As I said back in March:

I'd be really surprised if they do a season without knowing it would be the last and announcing it.

Clone Wars was an unusual circumstance but Disney is highly vested in Star Wars and its properties. I would have to believe that Disney knew a while ago that Season 4 was going to happen. Now I am sure speculation will start about season 4 will be the last. If it is to be the last, I think we will be told prior to the start of the season.

I was 50% expecting this announcement at the panel. The other 50% would have been next year are Comic Com (as there is no celebration next year), So i was not surprised.

I really looking forward to this final season. I want to see how this story ends. I will miss it but just as i enjoyed Clone Wars too, I have faith in my love for the next series.

I think that kallus is going to be my new favorite character. I was hoping for a bit more meat when he switched sides, but a lot of that was because we really didn't get his story.

But I think he'll bring a lot to this

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I just watched the trailer and I can't wait to see S4, this looks to be the best season yet. It makes we want to get a scout bucket and paint it up Ezra style.

- - - Updated - - -

You're not hearing what we were saying though. There are safe hyperspace routes that are comparable to the interstate highway system in the U.S. They are mapped and everyone uses them. Yeah you could go off into some random direction, but you're probably going to run into something. There are probably unknown routes that smugglers use or other groups know about, but if you don't you might end up flying through a black hole. I really doubt the Rebel's strategy is always fly into the attacking fleet to escape! It made more sense in ESB because they planned to use the ion cannon to temporarily knock them out first.

So you're saying the only safe hyperspace route out of there is right where the blockade is? That doesn't seem likely to me, I would think that there are routes leading from all around the planet. Some may not lead anywhere interesting or useful but they wouldn't have to, they're ways out and they can make their way around from these other routes.

I just watched the trailer and I can't wait to see S4, this looks to be the best season yet. It makes we want to get a scout bucket and paint it up Ezra style.

- - - Updated - - -

So you're saying the only safe hyperspace route out of there is right where the blockade is? That doesn't seem likely to me, I would think that there are routes leading from all around the planet. Some may not lead anywhere interesting or useful but they wouldn't have to, they're ways out and they can make their way around from these other routes.

Perhaps the only CHARTED route is there. there's a chance there ARE other safe routes...but since you are traveling at the speed of light, no one wants to take a chance that something the size of a wrecked ship would be in their path and that's the end of your journey.

but yeah, you'd think in case of a battle emergency, more people would take the chance to go ANY direction for even a minute.

swco2017-hasbro-reveals1.jpg

The only one they know about. Where would you put your fleet if you were trying to stop the Rebels from escaping? Right where they needed to go to escape. I think if you were the Rebels you'd be dumb to have a base where you only had one exit route though.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back