STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

That was cool! I didn't wanna see an 'epic' showdown, they tried that several times in TCW. Dealt with, swiftly! Let's hope he stays dead this time.
So it seems Kenobi is referring to Luke as the chosen one (?)
[

Nice non use of spoilers there....

Last edited:
i'm so tired of nostalgia throw backs these days, the ending evoked no real emotion from me like it should have. it's done far too often these days......

but the maul fight was interesting. i'm taking a guess on how it really ended based on what was shown..

Loved the fact that they didn't have the formulaic, epic drawn out lightsaber duel. Could not have been better, IMO. Unless, of course, they had let Maul actually die in TPM. That would have been better.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

For some reason this episode didn't work for me. Maybe I just find more value in the rebel plot-lines at this point. /shrug

your very welcome, but i cant take the credit for it. MJF told me if i had the iPad app you can sometimes watch it early. i dont have a iPad so i tried the next best thing. this early bird trick has worked pretty good with rebels, and walking dead. but last weeks episodes (both rebels and walking dead) wouldnt load... i was wondering if they caught on to me. i was surprised when i clicked on it and it said "watch"

i rather watch it early then watch it later tonight on the DVR. sometimes when i record the show the DVR will only record up to the first commercial and stop... i dont think its anything im doing wrong and just a glitch in xfinity.... it happens a lot to me... knowing i couldnt miss this episode, and how hyped i was for it i watched it

i cant wait for the rebels recon!

In my case (Spectrum cable) I just open the search menu and type in "Rebels" and pick the show from a list of choices. For some reason we don't have DisneyXD as an onDemand channel but we have access to XD-OD this way. It allows me to watch each show form this season and says the date for the next episode.

I never considered watching it at midnight till you mentioned it this week. Any time I've watched it early it was around midday.

Good gawd. I thought the Obi-Wan voice actor was actually unused dialog until I read the article above.

"If you were wondering, previous recordings of Alec Guinness were not used to voice Obi-Wan in the episode; voice actor Stephen Staunton is just that good."

Last edited by a moderator:
Good gawd. I thought the Obi-Wan voice actor was actually unused dialog until I read the article above.

"If you were wondering, previous recordings of Alec Guinness were not used to voice Obi-Wan in the episode; voice actor Stephen Staunton is just that good."

Being a voice chaser, i actually thought it got more obvious the more he spoke that it wasn't alec guiness by a long shot. but it was def a GREAT match

Last edited by a moderator:
Im finally gonna be able to say how i feel. some of you know i was able to watch this this morning. i was a little tired but glued to the screen the whole time. when the episode ended i felt kinda disappointed honestly... i rewinded the show and began it again at the obi wan entrance scene and watched it a second time

SPOILER WARNING

i felt ripped off because i thought there was only 5 light saber clashes and then death.... so watching it the second time i realized, Maul tried the same move as he did on qui gon!! ( this is backed up in the recon, which i found more exciting) and it wasn't even 5 hits it was 1,2,KILL. after watching the recon it shed some light on it, like it was a real samurai fight. which makes it more believing to me

another thing i am thinking, and the recon didnt touch on is. I think obi wan's plan was to make Maul hunt him out in the hot sun. how many days has maul been hunting kenobi in the hot twin sun weather. in the beginning of the show Maul looks exhausted and destroyed. was this Kenobi's plan the whole time, wear him down so they were on a more psychically equal level?

I thought Mauls communication to kenobi while he died was absolutely amazing... Maul wants palpatine dead in the worst way... it was sad to see both Kenobi and Maul on the same page...but too late..

another cool thing, and I've seen this in the comics the past couple of years was obiwan watching over luke. i swear that aunt Beru's line was ripped from ANH, it sounds dead on!!

all in all after the second viewing i got a better liking for it (once i discovered mauls finishing move) ( i have watched it 5 times today) after seeing the recon i feel better about the episode. im a little let down because i had my own idea on things, and i was super hyped for it.. the 2 second fight bummed me, but in the end its a more reasonable, and the only way it should have gone. ( and if maul was exhausted from the sun it makes even more sense)

real curious to see next week... if kenobi returns...

Kenobi's lightsaber looked fantastic.

1453255d7da9c333ac2e0946c5aa6471.jpg

I thought so too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back