STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Hard for me to remember what's canon still... I believe all we now know is mother talzin is his biological mother. Born and raised on darthomir

There is a new comic out about maul, I have yet to pick it up but it describes maul before episode 1 so maybe we will get more info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll have to research the episode again but they very specifically said he was only raised on dathomir.

And I remember him also saying that all of his brothers were dead. Does that mean the separatists killed them when they destroyed the nightsisters? And does this all mean that the nightsisters are the female of his species?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I thought he went through a very similar process as Savage did. That meant all his "brothers" died during the process. I assume we will maybe get more info in the new Darth Maul run of comics.

I'll have to research the episode again but they very specifically said he was only raised on dathomir.

And I remember him also saying that all of his brothers were dead. Does that mean the separatists killed them when they destroyed the nightsisters? And does this all mean that the nightsisters are the female of his species?

this is tough... i dont remember.... i forgot him saying all his brothers were killed. im going to google see if we can come up with some clone wars answers.

I thought he went through a very similar process as Savage did. That meant all his "brothers" died during the process. I assume we will maybe get more info in the new Darth Maul run of comics.

i sure hope so! i would love to see Palp's teaching him...

this is tough... i dont remember.... i forgot him saying all his brothers were killed. im going to google see if we can come up with some clone wars answers.

i sure hope so! i would love to see Palp's teaching him...
"dathomir? The planet of the witches? I was under the impression that Darth mail's home world was iridonia"

"Dathomir was the planet where maul was raised. Iridonia is where the rest of the males of the species dwell"

Confusing. Especially is mother talzin is his biological mother

"dathomir? The planet of the witches? I was under the impression that Darth mail's home world was iridonia"

"Dathomir was the planet where maul was raised. Iridonia is where the rest of the males of the species dwell"

Not a Maul expert but I think it is old canon you are having issues with. You can see the difference in his past in the canon and legends tabs here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Maul.

I always take their canon info with a grain of salt because I think they use a lot of resources I don't feel are really canon.

Here is what starwars.com says about him: http://www.starwars.com/databank/darth-maul
They basically are sticking to the Movie and TV which is what I wish canon was limited to.

yeah im under the impression he was born on darthomir. even the link MJF shared, has his species as "darthmorian"

Not a Maul expert but I think it is old canon you are having issues with. You can see the difference in his past in the canon and legends tabs here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Maul.

I always take their canon info with a grain of salt because I think they use a lot of resources I don't feel are really canon.

Here is what starwars.com says about him: http://www.starwars.com/databank/darth-maul
They basically are sticking to the Movie and TV which is what I wish canon was limited to.

That quote I posted was an exchange between kenobi and windu from TCW. Which is canon. But I don't know what it refers to. Maybe the old canon was iridonia...And they are simply being meta

That quote I posted was an exchange between kenobi and windu from TCW. Which is canon. But I don't know what it refers to. Maybe the old canon was iridonia...And they are simply being meta

Does this help?

"I was under the impression that Darth Maul's home world was Iridonia."
"Dathomir is the planet where Maul was raised. Iridonia is where the rest of the males of the species dwell."
―Obi-Wan Kenobi and Mace Windu[src]
Iridonia was a planet[2] located in the galaxy's Mid Rim[1] that was the homeworld of the near-human Zabrak species.[2] Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi mistakenly believed the Dathomirian Zabrak Darth Maul was born there, when in fact he was born on the planet Dathomir, which was home to a tribal group of male Zabrak known as the Nightbrothers,[4] while those from Iridonia were known as Iridonian Zabraks.[3] It was the homeworld of the Zabrak bounty hunter Sugi[5]and her niece Jas Emari, who considered the planet to be brutal and unforgiving.[6]

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW: I am not sure if this is known, if I missed it or if this is new info posted but I noticed that my DVR is set to record the one hour (airing as two parts) airing at 11:00 and 11:30 am (eastern time) on Saturday.

I usually do so no one gets spoiled by accident. Plus with tapatalk I don't know how to add spoiler tags without writing them in with is a PITA

Are we holding off discussion of the finale until after tonight?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm not sure when other s are seeing it. Looks like another airing is finishing now with two more tonight. I was waiting for the rebel Recon to be posted as a sort of indication when to talk.

I will say this:

Very The Empire Strikes Back i the way the good guys take a big defeat. Hated to see the carrier get destroyed but maybe this is how Wedge and Hera end up at Yavin. Sounded like that is where they are going.

Also, was this the first time we saw the Imperial Deathtroopers? I can't remember if they have shown up in previous episodes/

I'm not sure when other s are seeing it. Looks like another airing is finishing now with two more tonight. I was waiting for the rebel Recon to be posted as a sort of indication when to talk.

I will say this:

First time MJF, i too am curious about the recon...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back