STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Lucas said in an interview years ago (SW Insider maybe) that Obi Wan could have easily defeated Vader in ANH, but that was not his mission. He could help Luke better from the Force. I don't think they really explained the "I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine" thing in the movies. I guess appearing to you anywhere to talk is more powerful?

i never knew that! very cool! :thumbsup

His quote makes sense if you take into account their belief in the Force as something that binds existence together and etc etc. Kind of the "One day your body will be particles in a star kind of thing".

Lucas said in an interview years ago (SW Insider maybe) that Obi Wan could have easily defeated Vader in ANH, but that was not his mission. He could help Luke better from the Force. I don't think they really explained the "I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine" thing in the movies. I guess appearing to you anywhere to talk is more powerful?

And, once again, insubordination and loss of valuable war materiel goes unpunished.

He lost a...

A-WING TRAINER (RZ-1T)

The RZ-1T, an A-wing trainer, featured room for two passengers, allowing for novice pilots to have an instructor on board. It was developed in the early days of the rebellion against the Empire, and used by Kanan and Ezra of the Ghost team.

He gained...

THE NIGHTBROTHER

Darth Maul called his fighter the Nightbrother -- it was a Gauntlet starfighter in the Mandalorian tradition, but customized with a black and red color scheme and other modifications. Like other Gauntlets, it featured rotating wings, a large hull, and was armed with two forward laser cannons and a pair of rearward facing cannons.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw on the character sheet, that there's a model sheet for Kenobi's saber. There's a note to refer to it. I didn't see it on the site, so does anyone know where it would be, or if it's even been made available?

Google has NOT been my friend.

I saw on the character sheet, that there's a model sheet for Kenobi's saber. There's a note to refer to it. I didn't see it on the site, so does anyone know where it would be, or if it's even been made available?

Google has NOT been my friend.

No help but did you all hear the hilt discussed in the Rebel recon. It was actually the CW Kenobi lightsaber hilt model that they tweaked to look like the A New Hope hilt.

No help but did you all hear the hilt discussed in the Rebel recon. It was actually the CW Kenobi lightsaber hilt model that they tweaked to look like the A New Hope hilt.

Yes sir, but they mentioned tweaking the dimensions as well. Looked to me like they nailed the thicker neck/wind vane area. I was just looking for some clean shots of the entire saber. Thank you for the response.

He lost a...

A-WING TRAINER (RZ-1T)

The RZ-1T, an A-wing trainer, featured room for two passengers, allowing for novice pilots to have an instructor on board. It was developed in the early days of the rebellion against the Empire, and used by Kanan and Ezra of the Ghost team.

He gained...

THE NIGHTBROTHER

Darth Maul called his fighter the Nightbrother -- it was a Gauntlet starfighter in the Mandalorian tradition, but customized with a black and red color scheme and other modifications. Like other Gauntlets, it featured rotating wings, a large hull, and was armed with two forward laser cannons and a pair of rearward facing cannons.

I was waiting for them to tell Ezra "You now owe the Alliance one A-Wing. Your pay will be docked until it's paid in full." :lol He's a main character so according to Hollywood, everyone else just laughs it off "Oh that Ezra!" :) It's like on MASH where Hawkeye should be court-martialed, but then they have casualties, the officer sees how good a surgeon he is and then all is forgiven!

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally watched "Twin Suns" and I can't help but wonder if I've missed something. Maul and Kenobi face off against each other, Kenobi takes a defensive pose, Maul goes on the attack, Kenobi cuts Maul's lightsaber in half, and Maul falls down and dies as a result? :confused What am I missing?

They were close enough that Kenobi's blade went through Maul as well. They just couldn't be graphic about it.
That was the only explanation I could think of, especially considering the primary target audience for the show is children and it's shown on the Disney channel, but I wanted to be sure it wasn't anything deeper than that. Thank you!

I finally watched "Twin Suns" and I can't help but wonder if I've missed something. Maul and Kenobi face off against each other, Kenobi takes a defensive pose, Maul goes on the attack, Kenobi cuts Maul's lightsaber in half, and Maul falls down and dies as a result? :confused What am I missing?

considering we never saw the front part of his head, i assumed slice right down the middle.

They could have gotten away with a smoldering line across his chest, as he spoke his last words.
It was very bizarre to see that so ambiguous.

It wasn't in line with any lightsaber hit in the entire franchise.

But in a way, I didn't mind it. It had style

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

You know what I could never figure out about maul? His origin.

When they first encounter savage opress, Kenobi has some line about believing he is from aridonia (or something like that) but he was raised on dathomir.

What was the deal? Were his species slaves to the nightsisters or something?

You know what I could never figure out about maul? His origin.

When they first encounter savage opress, Kenobi has some line about believing he is from aridonia (or something like that) but he was raised on dathomir.

What was the deal? Were his species slaves to the nightsisters or something?

Hard for me to remember what's canon still... I believe all we now know is mother talzin is his biological mother. Born and raised on darthomir

There is a new comic out about maul, I have yet to pick it up but it describes maul before episode 1 so maybe we will get more info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back