STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

The premiere episode(s) are up for preorder: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Reb...d=1408025416&sr=8-9&keywords=Star+Wars+rebels

612nq%2BbwYGL.jpg

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-w...-premieres-friday-october-3-on-disney-channel

STAR WARS REBELS: SPARK OF REBELLION PREMIERES FRIDAY, OCTOBER 3 ON DISNEY CHANNEL[/h]Continuing the epic tradition of the legendary Star Wars saga, an exciting animated one-hour movie Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion is set to premiere Friday, October 3 (9:00 p.m. ET/PT in the US) on Disney Channels around the world, ushering in the highly anticipated series Star Wars Rebels on Disney XD. In the US, Star Wars Rebels episodes will debut Monday nights beginning Monday, October 13 (9:00 p.m. ET/PT) on Disney XD. Worldwide, the series will air in 33 languages across 163 countries in over 400 million households.
Leading up to its global television debut, Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion will be available on Disney Channel SVOD and to verified users beginning Monday, September 29, on WATCHDisneyXD.com and the WATCH Disney XD app.
Set between the events of Star Wars: Episodes III and IV, the story unfolds during a dark time when the evil Galactic Empire is tightening its grip of power on the galaxy. Imperial forces have occupied a remote planet and are ruining the lives of its people. The motley but clever crew of the starship Ghost — cowboy Jedi Kanan, ace pilot Hera, street-smart teenager Ezra, the “muscle” Zeb, warrior firebrand Sabine, and cantankerous old astromech droid Chopper — is among a select few who are brave enough to stand against the Empire. Together, they will face threatening new villains, encounter colorful adversaries, embark on thrilling adventures, and become heroes with the power to ignite a rebellion.
At the Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion Fan Event at San Diego Comic-Con this year, the movie garnered rave reviews from fans who found the story and look akin to the classic trilogy of films. The series’ designs are influenced by the work of original Star Wars concept artist Ralph McQuarrie.
Star Wars Rebels is created by Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars), Simon Kinberg (X-Men: Days of Future Past, Sherlock Holmes), and Carrie Beck. The Lucasfilm Animation production is also executive-produced by Filoni and Kinberg as well as Greg Weisman (Gargoyles).
The talented voice cast includes Freddie Prinze Jr. as Kanan, Vanessa Marshall as Hera, Steve Blum as Zeb, Tiya Sircar as Sabine, Taylor Gray as Ezra, David Oyelowo as Agent Kallus, and Jason Isaacs as the Inquisitor.
The multi-platform schedule in the US is:
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29

• Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion one-hour movie will be available on Disney Channel SVOD and to verified users on WATCHDisneyXD.com and the WATCH Disney XD app for smartphones and tablets.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 3

• Television premiere of one-hour movie Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion (9:00 p.m. ET/PT) on Disney Channel.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 4

• Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion will be available for purchase through Apple iTunes, Amazon Prime, Google Play, and Disney XD VOD.
MONDAY, OCTOBER 6

• Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion (8:00 p.m. ET/PT) premieres on Disney XD.
MONDAY, OCTOBER 13

• Star Wars Rebels (9:00 p.m. ET/PT) series premieres on Disney XD.
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 14

• Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion will be available on DVD in retailers nationwide.

Not too happy the regular series time slot will be on Monday nights at 9pm? Ugh! Fri or sat would be better. Hope they do second run at another time slot. (Hey my first complaint about the show!) :D. I guess I'll have to buy a DVR :( Or just buy the episodes on iTunes the next day if that's an option (I know the premiere show is)
kids won't be able to stay up that late on a school night even I have to get up at 5:30am so it would appear Disney is forcing our hand to actually have to buy the episodes. $235 for the cheapest DVR... Damn.)

Last edited:
Not too happy the regular series time slot will be on Monday nights at 9pm? Ugh! Fri or sat would be better. Hope they do second run at another time slot. (Hey my first complaint about the show!) :D. I guess I'll have to buy a DVR :( Or just buy the episodes on iTunes the next day if that's an option (I know the premiere show is)
kids won't be able to stay up that late on a school night even I have to get up at 5:30am so it would appear Disney is forcing our hand to actually have to buy the episodes. $235 for the cheapest DVR... Damn.)

I'm just glad it is not on Saturday morning. I hated when CN moved it.

Disney may feel the need to push the show to a later time slot due to the violent content.

I'm just glad it is not on Saturday morning. I hated when CN moved it.

Disney may feel the need to push the show to a later time slot due to the violent content.

Ya that's understandable. Mondays is such an odd day to put it... Just personally bummed because my two young ones are in bed by 8:30 no later than 9pm and same for me since I have to get up at 5:30 am to get the ready for buses. One picks up at 5:50am!!!! Crazy! I have no problem buying the shows but wish I didn't have to and would rather watch them first run. Now the debate is do I buy a DVR or just pay for each episode? :D

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I notice they are not putting the classic static burst in when the stormtroopers talk--I don't like that...

Ditto. "the devil is in the detail"

Ya that's understandable. Mondays is such an odd day to put it... Just personally bummed because my two young ones are in bed by 8:30 no later than 9pm and same for me since I have to get up at 5:30 am to get the ready for buses. One picks up at 5:50am!!!! Crazy! I have no problem buying the shows but wish I didn't have to and would rather watch them first run. Now the debate is do I buy a DVR or just pay for each episode? :D

I'm so glad I was brought up in a slightly different way: I got to pick my own bed time as long as I was able to wake up and get to school on time :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto. "the devil is in the detail"

I'm so glad I was brought up in a slightly different way: I got to pick my own bed time as long as I was able to wake up and get to school on time :D

Good for you. I'm raising my kids to get at least 8 hours of sleep during the school season so they can focus, function and not fall asleep during class. My youngest is ADD so allowing her to pick her own bedtime during the week won't fly. Sorry.
On Friday and Saturday they are allowed to stay up as long as they wish and During summer vacation they can stay up late any night. I feel my kids are being raised properly thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator:

i understand completely. My daughter is 16, she gets to pick her bedtime and has for some time. She usually picks wisely and is in bed before 9:00. My son as 11 and started Jr High, so his school time is much later than High School and Elementry, so we relaxed his bed time, but he is usually in bed by 9:00 as well. It is sort of rough for us on the east coast but those in central time zone have it better.

However I sort of like the day and time slot. For some reason I feel it legitimizes it as a serious TV series. Not a Saturday morning cartoon or a family hour programing.

As far as paying to have to see it if you don't watch t live or record it; that's not my take away. It states...

• Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion one-hour movie will be available on Disney Channel SVOD and to verified users on WATCHDisneyXD.com and the WATCH Disney XD app for smartphones and tablets.

That's a free service (as long as you have a cable provider and XD is part of your service) that you can access on your computer and apps. I just signed in to the app on my Apple TV. You just have to put in the code on your computer and log into your cable service account.

i understand completely. My daughter is 16, she gets to pick her bedtime and has for some time. She usually picks wisely and is in bed before 9:00. My son as 11 and started Jr High, so his school time is much later than High School and Elementry, so we relaxed his bed time, but he is usually in bed by 9:00 as well. It is sort of rough for us on the east coast but those in central time zone have it better.

However I sort of like the day and time slot. For some reason I feel it legitimizes it as a serious TV series. Not a Saturday morning cartoon or a family hour programing.

As far as paying to have to see it if you don't watch t live or record it; that's not my take away. It states...

That's a free service (as long as you have a cable provider and XD is part of your service) that you can access on your computer and apps. I just signed in to the app on my Apple TV. You just have to put in the code on your computer and log into your cable service account.

Bell ring for start of class for my youngest in elementary school is 7:25am. Same for my other who is now a freshman in high school. The amount of homework my oldest got last year was ridiculous so I fear she'll be up late often anyway.

I'll look into that Disney SVOD and WatchDisneyxD.com. I was under the assumption those were subscription services. Will be awesome if they are not!

Last edited:
Bell ring for start of class for my youngest in elementary school is 7:25am. Same for my other who is now a freshman in high school. The amount of homeworkers oldest got last year was ridiculous so I fear she'll be up late often anyway.

I'll look into that Disney SVOD and WatchDisneyxD.com. I was under the assumption those were subscription services. Will be awesome if they are not!

I think Disney SVOD is subscription, but I think that is for people who do not pay for Disney and Disney XD via a service provider but still want access to the programming.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back