STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

The screengrab ships look like the Tantive style corvette to me, the Peltas don't taper behind the hammerhead like the CR90 corvettes do and the lack the stacked engine design as well and is a bit larger too.

Right, here is. Pelta Class:

Rep_Medical_Frigate.jpg

Some very similar design aspects. Early there were comments about that and the fact they were from different manufacturers.

I'm just going to stop talking now. :$ What I thought was a Pelta wing was, in fact, just the Ghost docked to the bloody corvette. :facepalm My comment about the escape pods stands, though. But yeah, those appear to be the ugly ROTS-style "stubby-vettes".

--Jonah

I have discovered that the ship is a cr70. It's a retcon. They had it at the end of rots with the intension that it was the tantive 4. But it's really a different ship. It's a lot smaller.

Anyway, according to Canon, it is a predecessor to the cr90 known as the cr70

Given they had plenty of time to light up if the doors opened and someone tried to shoot them, why did they go with that for their first reflex? They also lit up before Darth Maul had.

:thumbsup I like that term you are using "light up" for the sabers. I don't think I've ever heard it referenced as that. Yes, I like that.

I can just see a bunch of Jedi sitting around the temple saying "Hey guys, let's light up!" And then Mace says "Dude, I'm already lit!"

:lol:D;)

I have discovered that the ship is a cr70. It's a retcon. They had it at the end of rots with the intension that it was the tantive 4. But it's really a different ship. It's a lot smaller.

Anyway, according to Canon, it is a predecessor to the cr90 known as the cr70

If there is any existing canon acknowledging the CR70, I cannot find it. Wookieepedia only has it as legends. It states the CR90 is the Tantive IV and the ones used at Lothal. Personally unless someone can tell me a canon reference, I think the designation of CR90 is also non-canon. The databank at starwars.com simply designates these ships as Alderaan Cruisers, not even designated as Corellian Corvette.

If there is any existing canon acknowledging the CR70, I cannot find it. Wookieepedia only has it as legends. It states the CR90 is the Tantive IV and the ones used at Lothal. Personally unless someone can tell me a canon reference, I think the designation of CR90 is also non-canon. The databank at starwars.com simply designates these ships as Alderaan Cruisers, not even designated as Corellian Corvette.
That may be the case but the ships in rebels and the one at the end of rots are clearly a different ship than the tantive IV. It could be a retcon, but no one has ever made the claim that it is the same ship either.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

That may be the case but the ships in rebels and the one at the end of rots are clearly a different ship than the tantive IV. It could be a retcon, but no one has ever made the claim that it is the same ship either.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

True, but my point is we can't be throwing around old canon designations (not sure if I'm going to be able to get the blaster folks onboard with this). Additonally, we cannot assume the intentions of the film makers. Sure the ship's look different but was that intentional to show a different class or a later modification, or simply error in continuity design. Jabba looks different in different movies but he is the same individual.

The write up on starwars.com does leave room for the different ships.

...Bail's vessels of choice ranged from a streamlined diplomatic cruiser to the more rugged, war-ready Tantive IV that served as his transport to Toydaria during the Clone Wars. Princess Leia inherited the Tantive IV from her father, and used it to intercept vital Rebel Alliance transmissions of secret...

The streamlined ships could be what you referred to as CR70s. Although the Tantive IV existed prior to Revenge of the Sith, the wording does not indicate this was the ship seen in the movie.

However we we do know that this is the Tantive IV:

TantiveIVToydaria-SL.png

is it a different ship? Maybe.
is it the same ship? Maybe.

Last edited:
So what's the deal with the lack of Chopper merch?

I thought there would be a big push on him, but unless I want to pay like 50 bucks for a little figure, there's nothing.

Chopper is a great design, and I want one for my desk at work... nothin.

I thought there would be a big push on him, but unless I want to pay like 50 bucks for a little figure, there's nothing.

And Sabine or Hera 12 inch figures to go with the big set from Target. My girls have been asking all year about them. Hard to explain this to a couple of 4 year olds.

He's was in the Hasbro catalog that recently appeared. He is going to be part of a two pack figure set. He comes with a Zeb figure. I believe it was mentioned Zeb is a new figure that is now larger than the previously undersized version.

https://m.imgur.com/a/lbYLw

Hey did they ever do an Ahsoka fx lightsaber? I can't find any info on it through Google, so I'm guessing no. I've been trying to get my 8yo. niece interested in SW, and though she's watch TCW and some Rebels, along with ANH and ESB, she's not super enthusiastic. She loves playing with the little fx lightsabers Hasbro made and the regular ones I have, but that's about it. This would be a good time to make her lightsaber with this show.

Hey did they ever do an Ahsoka fx lightsaber? I can't find any info on it through Google, so I'm guessing no. I've been trying to get my 8yo. niece interested in SW, and though she's watch TCW and some Rebels, along with ANH and ESB, she's not super enthusiastic. She loves playing with the little fx lightsabers Hasbro made and the regular ones I have, but that's about it. This would be a good time to make her lightsaber with this show.

the only toy like Ahsoka lightsaber was made by Rubies. The only other official Ahsoka is the static prop replica made by eFx. Of course you probably know that their are fan made replicas like Parks but no other lightsaber toys.

the only toy like Ahsoka lightsaber was made by Rubies. The only other official Ahsoka is the static prop replica made by eFx. Of course you probably know that their are fan made replicas like Parks but no other lightsaber toys.

side note: Parks designed that saber and was selling it long before Clone Wars came out. Artists at LFL have borrowed a couple of his saber designs, perhaps with a little encouragement from higher ups who were unhappy with the way the lawsuit results decided he could make his sabers and they could do nothing about it, license or not.

Not sure it actually has hurt his business that his designs are now official SW canon sabers.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back