STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

So here we go, i just finished the recon. i have waited to see the recon because on most times of feeling confused or doubtful the recon explains a few things and makes me feel better. unfortunately this is not the case tonight...

i dont know about everyone else but i was really let down.. below will contain spoilers so please BEWARE!!

SPOILERS BELOW

i thought the beginning was promising. Kallus getting caught at the lothal tower. with thrawn fighting him i thought for sure when the death troopers were holding him at the railing thrawn was going to kick him over it, and Kallus would fall to his death.. but no.. ( think Kallus should have died)

i feel totally ripped off with thrawn. this whole season we have seen the rebels slip by the emperors MASTER strategist. this whole time im figuring thrawn is letting them slip by because he is studying their every move.. after tonights episode i think they slipped by every time (except the first time because thrawn tells them to let the rebels go) because thrawn in rebels is just a weak figure...

thrawn yet again lets the rebels escape and this time i dont think he "let" them...

Byndu. Byndu i was fascinated with once we met him, i wanted to know more about him, but what we got just made me scratch my head... i dont know how you guys feel but byndu turning into the smoke monster from lost doesnt do it for me.... and what was that at the end? did byndu do the "one with the force trick" and become a ghost like yoda and kenobi? or was byndu really nothing at all and just a voice? and the big creature we saw was nothing but a force trick? i dont get it. and doubt we ever see the character again... which is very disappointing, to have such a great character with great character build up and to be giving this in the finale... i dont get it

Sato sacrificing himself was good, it explains why we never see the stolen carrier ship..

another cool thing was seeing the rare rebel ship from RoTJ. filoni mentions seeing the ship in Rogue one, cool to see it in rebels as well

the death troopers, awesome! i love how they have their elite long rifles too! i loved seeing them protecting thrawn

another thing that was upsetting was Sabines home world is under attack, her and her family come to help the rebels out. and at the end of the show hera says "im not going back with you, i have to drop off these rebels" i dont think that was needed, it makes hera come off as a complete jerk and i think that was really over looked... sabine just sacrificed leaving her home world, and potentially putting her family in danger to help out and hera makes that comment? it just came off really bad..

i was just really really disappointed with thrawn.. its like i feared when seeing him let the rebels go each season... thrawn is suppose to be this all power super genius, and he's being out down by a 15 yr old wanna be jedi kid... i dont buy it.

its upsetting because it is a kids show, but the writers and producers go above and beyond on some things that only adults would admire and pick up on, only to be let down with stuff like this..

i was really figuring thrawns ground assault was going to be lead by the byndu into the spyder caves, where the spiders were going to tear them all apart... but we got some kind of smoke monster lightning, i dont get it

Im not going to stop watching the show, i loved season 3. but this finale was so hyped. and dont tell me I hyped it, like many have told me about me hyping the kenobi episode. i didnt hype the finale, and i was really let down... even with the answers we got on the recon... i dont even want to see thrawns character anymore, i feel like this writers have made him a joke... and have totally ruined him in the new canon...

my rant is over now lol its been a long day holding this all in...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if we''ll get a time jump between 3-4? I think there was one from 2-3 (ezra isn't growing 18 inches over summer break). But if they're trying to end this around R1, they've got a ways to go. The end of the obi episode showed him overlooking what has to be a young luke. Didn't look like he could be more than 10-12. If R1 ends right at ANH - that puts it at 6ish years down the road it seems - at best (i always thought luke was 18)...and i thought this was supposedly starting about 5 years pre-ANH.

Wonder if we''ll get a time jump between 3-4? I think there was one from 2-3 (ezra isn't growing 18 inches over summer break). But if they're trying to end this around R1, they've got a ways to go. The end of the obi episode showed him overlooking what has to be a young luke. Didn't look like he could be more than 10-12. If R1 ends right at ANH - that puts it at 6ish years down the road it seems - at best (i always thought luke was 18)...and i thought this was supposedly starting about 5 years pre-ANH.
I'd always understood that Ezra and Luke were born on the same day

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm glad I'm not the only one who took that running silhouette as a child...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26c729f046cde77a8d252576d79a3bee.jpg

I'll have to watch that end bit again, but in no way did it come across as a 17 year old.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad I'm not the only one who took that running silhouette as a child...

I want to say there was a voice as well....and that voice certainly didn't sound like one that'd changed.

I'd always understood that Ezra and Luke were born on the same day

Probably a not the same day but close. It's hard to determine how much time went by from the time Palpatine declared the Empire to the time Padme gave birth. Events took place pretty rapidly at the end of the movie but there could have been a lot of time in travel not shown.

I just want the mention here that the bendu is awesome. A wonderful addition to the starwars mythology

Ezra was born on Empire Day, which was the same day as when Palpatine gave his declaration to the Senate. I think Luke and Leia were born a day or two after.

i feel totally ripped off with thrawn. this whole season we have seen the rebels slip by the emperors MASTER strategist. this whole time im figuring thrawn is letting them slip by because he is studying their every move.. after tonights episode i think they slipped by every time (except the first time because thrawn tells them to let the rebels go) because thrawn in rebels is just a weak figure...

thrawn yet again lets the rebels escape and this time i dont think he "let" them...

I think you are missing the big picture.

Thrawn would let the ghost crew escape not because he was just studying them. He wanted to use them to force and end to the rebellion in one single stroke.

If Thrawn captured or killed the Ghost crew, he would have just has a small and meaningless victory. It would not do much it ending the rebellion. You heard the saying, “Better the devil you know than the devil you don't.” By Thrawn knowing his enemy, he had a better chance of understanding what they might do and how would react. His biggest error (and the Empire as a whole) is the belief that the Rebellion forces is smaller than it actually is. Don't get me wrong, in those earlier episodes when the rebels would thwart the imperial forces, Thrawn did not want that, but he simply realized that killing a few rebels on their way out would hinder the long game.

However Thrawn's ultimate downfall will come becomes he thinks he can plan and strategize his way to victory. There is a saying “No Battle Plan Survives Contact With the Enemy” by German military strategist Helmuth von Moltke. It basically means that contact with the real world doesn't care what your plans are. For example, did Thrawn expect to have to deal with the Bendu? Umm.. no.

If not for Thrawn's planning and strategy, the Rebels would still be operating at their base and most likely have freed Lothal, Although Thrawn did not accomplish what he set out to do, end the rebellion, he handed the rebellion a big loss. The Rebels lost a lot in ships, resources, and people. Plus for now, he kept them from liberating Lothal.

another thing that was upsetting was Sabines home world is under attack, her and her family come to help the rebels out. and at the end of the show hera says "im not going back with you, i have to drop off these rebels" i dont think that was needed, it makes hera come off as a complete jerk and i think that was really over looked... sabine just sacrificed leaving her home world, and potentially putting her family in danger to help out and hera makes that comment? it just came off really bad..

Mandalore is not under attack. There is an inevitable battle coming and they are preparing for it. All Hera was doing was letting Sabine know that She could count on here help but she couldn't rush to Mandalore to help now. Sabine has her priorities and Hera has hers and when they can help each other, they will. I have no doubt when the time is right, Out Rebels will be at Sabine's side.

mando.JPG

Last edited:
I think you are missing the big picture.

Thrawn would let the ghost crew escape not because he was just studying them. He wanted to use them to force and end to the rebellion in one single stroke.

If Thrawn captured or killed the Ghost crew, he would have just has a small and meaningless victory. It would not do much it ending the rebellion. You heard the saying, “Better the devil you know than the devil you don't.” By Thrawn knowing his enemy, he had a better chance of understanding what they might do and how would react. His biggest error (and the Empire as a whole) is the belief that the Rebellion forces is smaller than it actually is. Don't get me wrong, in those earlier episodes when the rebels would thwart the imperial forces, Thrawn did not want that, but he simply realized that killing a few rebels on their way out would hinder the long game.

However Thrawn's ultimate downfall will come becomes he thinks he can plan and strategize his way to victory. There is a saying “No Battle Plan Survives Contact With the Enemy” by German military strategist Helmuth von Moltke. It basically means that contact with the real world doesn't care what your plans are. For example, did Thrawn expect to have to deal with the Bendu? Umm.. no.

If not for Thrawn's planning and strategy, the Rebels would still be operating at their base and most likely have freed Lothal, Although Thrawn did not accomplish what he set out to do, end the rebellion, he handed the rebellion a big loss. The Rebels lost a lot in ships, resources, and people. Plus for now, he kept them from liberating Lothal.

Mandalore is not under attack. There is an inevitable battle coming and they are preparing for it. All Hera was doing was letting Sabine know that She could count on here help but she couldn't rush to Mandalore to help now. Sabine has her priorities and Hera has hers and when they can help each other, they will. I have no doubt when the time is right, Out Rebels will be at Sabine's side.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-jcizjN2p...BykBmxXG5rfM1lNgQbQq18rGgCLcB/s1600/mando.JPG

I'm going to have to watch the whole thing again. I may just do that tonight.

What did u think about the bendu? And do u think we will see him again?

What did u think about the bendu? And do u think we will see him again?

I think that has to do with if the Bendu is compelled to change. I assume that he has surrendered his body and mind to the Force (the same as Obi Wan did in A New Hope). He could just be satisfied in that state as no one can really both him anymore. However if he felt that Kanan made a good argument, he may be back to help guide Kanan toward victory to defeat evil and help restore balance.

You know, if I had one criticism with rebels is that they are trying to tie too much up. Because everything is canon then we can wait for an other series to tie up some stuff. What if we got sabine's mandalore story in a different series? Or the bendu came back in a film? Or the maul/Kenobi confrontation was in a straight to DVD film?

Even for thrawn. He's one of the most famous EU characters and I'm worried that they will kill him off in season 4. If they do, that's it.

Last edited:
I'd dig it if next time we saw the Bendu was in TLJ. They'd have to reintroduce him in some way that didn't depend on rebels, though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'd dig it if next time we saw the Bendu was in TLJ. They'd have to reintroduce him in some way that didn't depend on rebels, though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I dunno - it'd be fantastic easter egg for Rebel watchers, and I think you'd have a lot more non-Rebel SW fans flocking to Rebels for the backstory.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back