STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Just kind of dawned on me (sorry to break into the ship discussion) but at this point in Rebels we're up to 3 jedi in Ashoka, Kanan and Ezra and in the OT 'when I go the last of the jedi will you be'...Hopefully yoda's either wrong or intentionally misleading Luke there because for a kid centered show - that's a lot of death to take in by the end of the show short of leaving it open ended.

That's an old debate that I believe you can see some earlier in this thread as soon as it was announced that Kanan and Ezra were Jedi and apprentice. But yes, you sort of summed up the main beliefs. At this point I think all we can do is watch how it plays out. For my own selfish reasons, I want these guys to survive so i go with the misleading option. Still don't consider the a kid's show but a show that is also meant to appeal to kid's. I wouldn't put it past them to kill off a main favorite character or more before the series in complete. Not saying they will, I just wouldn't be surprised.

Well the Rebels are an Alliance similar to the Allies in the 2nd World War,.....different Uniforms from different nations & different technologies........the Empire are really the Nazi's.....similar uniforms and a seemingly endless budget to create superior weaponry

J

Just kind of dawned on me (sorry to break into the ship discussion) but at this point in Rebels we're up to 3 jedi in Ashoka, Kanan and Ezra and in the OT 'when I go the last of the jedi will you be'...Hopefully yoda's either wrong or intentionally misleading Luke there because for a kid centered show - that's a lot of death to take in by the end of the show short of leaving it open ended.

That all depends on just how literally you want to take Yoda's statement. Technically speaking Asohka was never confirmed as a Jedi and left the Order as a Padawan, Kanan (iirc) was still just a Padawan himself when Order 66 took place, and Ezra isn't even officially a Padawan. Even if you don't want to go into technicalities you can easily take Yoda's statement as being more figurative than literal, by last of the Jedi he's really saying last of the Jedi that he knows of because to the best of his knowledge he and Obi-Wan were the only ones who survived Order 66 and the subsequent follow up operations by Vader and other Imperial elements. It's not like either Yoda or Ben escaped with a complete roster of every last Jedi, Padawan, and youngling at the time time of Order 66, conducted a roll call on Dagobah or Tattooine, and then subsequently watched INN and checked off every name they heard a story about a Jedi being successfully hunted down then going, "Yup, it's official, that last Jedi they mentioned on the evening news now means that it's only us left.".

And from Empire on, Han was wearing the Alliance uniform trousers, at least. Same ones Luke was wearing at the end of ANH. Providing his own camouflage and cold-weather gear was a way to save a resource-strapped Rebellion the effort and expense of getting some for him.

I think most believe Luke's pants and some other garb at the end of A New Hope was lent to him by Han.

And once again, you missed the point of my comments. It was meant to demonstrate the rebellion is not all about uniformity. I think more rebels would wear civilian clothes but since they are on the run all the time, they can't have a lot of personal items. Luckily Han's clothing/wardrobe is in his ship.

Ah. Well, I consider the very first Star Wars film to come out to be a pretty definitive answer. *chuckle* My take on just about anything in Star Wars is to presume no one's dead unless there's an inarguable corpse -- and sometimes not even then.

Well that was the same take away as me but it does not provide a definitive answer. You could argue that:

The Stormtroopers outside the Deathstar are wearing the tanks because they are on a watch that extends many hours. Otherwise the standard armor has an emergency supply of oxygen.​

And I think some people (not me) believe that. I think this was case the earlier poster referred. Now just because I never believed that, there is nothing I know of in the canon material that disproves it.... until we got the answer in that video.

One of the reasons people get pissed about material or info introduced is because it conflicts with info they think they know whether it was old canon or just an assumption. I not above speculating or assuming but I also don't get pissed if new information negates what i think I know.

Fair enough. I do like to dig into the minutiae. And while I do get grumpy when there are contradictions, I adapt and move on quickly enough most of the time (still stuck on the Prequels borking so much of what had gone before).

It's interesting to see how we can see the same things on screen and derive the exact opposite conclusions. I presumed Luke had enlisted in the Alliance and they'd given him the pilots' dress uniform (we usually only see them in their flight gear, and Luke in the fatigues later), and that Han wearing the same trousers in the next film was a visual cue of him getting more involved with the Rebels. Not going from Han to Luke. So why d'you think the Stormtroopers that get blown out into space are automatically dead? I figure it's more like the emergency survival suits in Jupiter Ascending, just with no pleasant feminine computer voice telling you to get to an airlock immediately because you only have half an hour of air. And no maneuvering jets. I mean, IMO, if no one knows it happened or is around to get them, they're sunk, but if someone knows it happened and the ship has power, I figure they can be tractored in easy as cake.

--Jonah

So why d'you think the Stormtroopers that get blown out into space are automatically dead? I figure it's more like the emergency survival suits in Jupiter Ascending, just with no pleasant feminine computer voice telling you to get to an airlock immediately because you only have half an hour of air. And no maneuvering jets. I mean, IMO, if no one knows it happened or is around to get them, they're sunk, but if someone knows it happened and the ship has power, I figure they can be tractored in easy as cake.

Basically my believe is based on the answer given on that video. There does not appear to be any air supply in the suit. It is airtight and can filter, but that's it. So basically you got whatever air you were able to put in their lungs prior to ejection.

Tractor beam: Assuming the troopers communications still worked outside the ship to ask for help, would there be enough time to locate them, turn the ship's nearest tractor beam emitter toward them, and bring them in. I say "no".

but the big reason...

Would the vessel's commander even care about a few troopers that got blown into space? I say "no".

True. But mustafar has always been interesting. Even when I was a kid I had heard that anakin and obi wan had their duel on a lava planet. I have no idea where that legend came from. (Bantha tracks?)

Boy, you guys are making me really dig into the archives here. I present to you the first recorded interview with George Lucas where he talks about Vader's story. Rolling Stone magazine August 25th 1977. No real mention of Mustaphar but just a volcanic pit. At this point Lucas still considered Vader and Luke's father as separate men.

IMG_20150304_0001 - Copy.jpg

Can you believe I've saved this all these years?

That's an old debate that I believe you can see some earlier in this thread as soon as it was announced that Kanan and Ezra were Jedi and apprentice. But yes, you sort of summed up the main beliefs. At this point I think all we can do is watch how it plays out. For my own selfish reasons, I want these guys to survive so i go with the misleading option. Still don't consider the a kid's show but a show that is also meant to appeal to kid's. I wouldn't put it past them to kill off a main favorite character or more before the series in complete. Not saying they will, I just wouldn't be surprised.

I do think at least one will die before it's over. Just can't imagine them doing all 3. As noted before i'm in the 'hoping it was misleading' camp or that the others figured out how to cloak themselves from being sensed at a distance. Would be a nice E8 or 9 reveal to find a Kanan or Ezra around - at least as of now :)

Even if you don't want to go into technicalities you can easily take Yoda's statement as being more figurative than literal, by last of the Jedi he's really saying last of the Jedi that he knows of because to the best of his knowledge he and Obi-Wan were the only ones who survived Order 66 and the subsequent follow up operations by Vader and other Imperial elements. It's not like either Yoda or Ben escaped with a complete roster of every last Jedi, Padawan, and youngling at the time time of Order 66, conducted a roll call on Dagobah or Tattooine, and then subsequently watched INN and checked off every name they heard a story about a Jedi being successfully hunted down then going, "Yup, it's official, that last Jedi they mentioned on the evening news now means that it's only us left.".
Exactly. Do we really believe Yoda was constantly mentally connected to every single Jedi across tens or perhaps hundreds of thousands of lightyears to be able to know, with absolute certainty, how many Jedi there are/were in the entire galaxy to the person? I mean come on. Yoda was very powerful, but not omnipotent.

Last edited:
scrolled back a few pages quickly to see if this was posted yet but here is a great in-depth interview with Filoni on the season finale and the future of season 2.
http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/03/0...ath-and-big-return-and-where-season-2-will-go

man, I thought the season finale was so strong... so wonderful in pretty much showing the direction this show will now go.. and as much as I ended up liking the Inquisitor I am thrilled to death that now... next season, Vader is in! man, that was just the first season and next season is almost double the amount of episodes!!!! The rebellion is forming and to see the "Fulcrum" character is secretly mixed in to help lead it is really great! I too got goosebumps... Fulcrum is wise to hide her identity and lay low where she can do more good and more to help the fight against the Empire... in a way, it makes Kanan seem reckless. love this show!

Very cool Remade Marvel Star Wars #1 in the style of Star Wars Rebels -Andy U posted by https://www.facebook.com/RebelsReport

10460479_436403623185623_4026760565672851722_n.jpg

10460479_436403623185623_4026760565672851722_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
When did Sabine have the time to turn a TIE fighter into the Partridge Family bus? How did she even know about it? Painting it is the stupidest move ever. Even Zeb realized that.

When did Sabine have the time to turn a TIE fighter into the Partridge Family bus? How did she even know about it? Painting it is the stupidest move ever. Even Zeb realized that.
Right you are, but it is a kids show after all. My daughter enjoyed it despite my eye roll. When the troopers were shooting at her, I thought my eyes were going to roll on the floor. No way, no matter how bad someone's aim is are they going to miss her that many times. Sigh. But despite all that, I still really enjoyed this episode.

It's not like the show accounts for every day. Some time does go by between shows. Obviously Ezra told Sabine about it and she thought it would be fun and a challenge to paint it. I would actually be surprised if I found out Sabine knew about it and didn't paint it.

And most likely it was a story element in order for the viewer to better follow where the hero were during the chase.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back