STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

I rather enjoyed last night's episode, not so much for the central plot but for things in the episode itself. For starters, any episode featuring Hondo is a good episode in my book. I also liked the part where the Ghost reached that star cluster, I really liked the music throughout that part as well as the way the pursuing TIEs were ripped apart and then later, how the hull plating was being ripped off of the Imperial cruiser.

This episode also reminded me of one of the things that I really enjoy about this show, we actually get to see other Imperial ships besides just Star Destroyers. That and not every ship in the Imperial fleet is simply a scaled up or down version of a Star Destroyer as well. While the cruiser that Kallus was on had the same wedged shape as a Star Destroyer its silhouette is still noticeably different from that of a Star Destroyer.

My biggest problem with the show is how rushed and self contained many of the episodes are.

While I did not really care for last nights episode, this story could could have had a bit more of an arc if they could have worked the upcoming Kallus and Zeb episode into the plot while making it a two parter.

I can already see that the last two episodes are likely to include all of the awesome stuff from the recent trailer and multiple cliffhangers for season 3. I hope I am wrong.

I rather enjoyed last night's episode, not so much for the central plot but for things in the episode itself. For starters, any episode featuring Hondo is a good episode in my book. I also liked the part where the Ghost reached that star cluster, I really liked the music throughout that part as well as the way the pursuing TIEs were ripped apart and then later, how the hull plating was being ripped off of the Imperial cruiser.

This episode also reminded me of one of the things that I really enjoy about this show, we actually get to see other Imperial ships besides just Star Destroyers. That and not every ship in the Imperial fleet is simply a scaled up or down version of a Star Destroyer as well. While the cruiser that Kallus was on had the same wedged shape as a Star Destroyer its silhouette is still noticeably different from that of a Star Destroyer.

I too liked the music and Hondo is always a pleasure to see playing both sides of an opportunity.

reb_ca_1725_0a6a9f26.jpeg

A-Wings and A-Wing pilots sure have turned into the disposable 'Red Shirts' of Rebels.

They seem to have an endless supply, and no one cares when they die horrible spaceship explosion deaths.

You know, that just might explain why we never saw A-Wings on film until Jedi, they lost so many over the course of the early years during Rebels that it took them until Jedi to build enough new ones and train enough pilots to be able field them in any useful numbers.

Am I the only one who was singing Cygnus X-1 in the back of their head when Zeb was showing the way through the field of collapsed stars?

As for this just being a filler, the thing about the child saving the warrior (considering she named the child and the warrior) seems like it could be foreshadowing for ep17 (based on its description).

THIS week's episode felt like a scaled down, kid's version of the entire galactica series

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

i am getting tired of the rebel group being lead by 15 yr old Ezra... we have kanan, ashoka.. generals, and they all follow command from ezra...

A-Wings and A-Wing pilots sure have turned into the disposable 'Red Shirts' of Rebels.

They seem to have an endless supply, and no one cares when they die horrible spaceship explosion deaths.
To the point where in the episode with the Mandalorians a few of them get blown up, yet Sabine is out for revenge because Hera got shot up but survived.

I did like how at the beginning of this episode I thought, "Was that Hondo sneaking around in the background?" In Clone Wars whenever I saw him I knew it would be a good episode, but he couldn't totally save this one.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

I am a huge hondo fan. But he kind of depresses me on this show. He used to be the leader of a pirate league.

Now he's running around stealing wallets and buying lottery tickets.

I liked him better on florum. His relationship with kenobi was very powerful and funny. Now his best frienemy is a 15 year old

Last edited:
My biggest problem with the show is how rushed and self contained many of the episodes are.

has disney ever really done a show like this before?

If not, i'll give them a break for trying to figure out the tone and pacing..but if so..

I agree whole heartedly. that ezra with his parents episode was just badly written because the action just....stopped. they found the guy and boom, no more suspense, story over.

It's like spending an entire story searching for a lost light saber hidden inside some couch cushions...

I liked legends of the lassat. it had enough new and cool factor,and a cool alien planet/design to keep me interested and one of the few episodes I wouldn't mind re watching again.
It's also nice to know zebs species isn't totally wiped out.

- - - Updated - - -

I am a huge hondo fan. But he kind of depresses me on this show. He used to be the leader of a pirate league.

Now he's running around stealing wallets and buying lottery tickets.

I liked him better on florum. His relationship with kenobi was very powerful and florum. Now his best frienemy is a 15 year old

I agree. there is something off about him. Like he lost something when the empire wiped out his entire operation. now he's just a shell of his former self...
His former self was evil, but had an amazing honor code which made him a very fun anti hero. something is kind of missing here...either that, or disney is making his duplicitness FAR more obvious for the kiddie audience, and that takes some of the fun out of it.

I agree.

They're trying to make him luke or some chosen one.

not just that but it totally pulls me out of the show when a 14 yr old kid is leading all this adults and military generals.... i tend to over complicate things and i should just let it go. but it always erk's me...

im not a ezra fan to begin with, i hope Old Master takes him under his wings...

Padawans were commanders in a war and Padme led her planet. Youth is not much of a factor in the Star Wars universe. Ezra is part of an organization that trusts him to lead, be responsible, and be accountable. He has proven his value and his capabilities repeatedly and has earned the respect of those he serves with.

Its crazy that they've allowed a kid to show leadership qualities in a kids show:lol

J
This is the thing. On only a few occasions has star wars branded something "for kids".

And we don't need another ewok adventure

Last edited:
This is the thing. On only a few occasions has star wars branded so thing "for kids".

And we don't need another ewok adventure

No,....no I dont mean Star Wars,....I mean the cartoon,.....it's target audience is kids,.....Disney wants that audience

J

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back