STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Because you and others in this thread GET IT. The only way for SW to remain relevant is doing what it has always done best: capture the imagination of a new generations of fans. That is what this show is. A show my n18 month old son will eventually watch, along with all the new animated and kid friendly content we are sure to see over the coming years. This idea of Clone Wars or Rebels catering to MY GENERATION is laughable. It's great if we can like it, but if not we have the films coming up regardless. So be critical of Rebels for the right reasons, not because it lacks sufficient angst. I'm not interested in my little boy watching a cartoon like that.

This is what the Star Wars of old always did best and I'm glad Rebels is doing exactly that. There's not one thing I hate about the show. When me and my boy sat down to watch the latest episode yesterday he ran to his room and grabbed his lightsaber. He then said "is Ezra learning the force soon daddy". Pure gold. :)

Ben

Posted for prop replica reference:

10708606_368032706686692_8178797633228113124_o.jpg

Technically that should have been an ion rifle.

Exactly. Disruptors are the ones that desintegrate living beings. This is hinted at in the show, concerning Zeb's people, but that doesn't change the fact in the SW Universe, it's the ion weapons that disable electronics.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Um, so was the original…...

It's getting silly watching adults argue about a cartoon on Disney being targeted at a 6-15 year old demographic and trying to deny reality. Especially when those same adults fell in love with SW as children…because it was made for them. I was 9 when ANH was released, it was made for ME> And any forensic review of George Lucas and the making of ANH should be aware of this fact.

Well said, Bryan! Hey, I was 24 or 25 when ANH came out and I fell in love with it then too! Crikey, now I'm nearly 61 and I STILL love ANH! And I just watched the evening news on TV, so right now I'm in serious need of some simple, friendly, child-like escapism. So bring on Rebels - I've yet to see an episode, and I'm really looking forward to it!

Technically that should have been an ion rifle.

Exactly. Disruptors are the ones that desintegrate living beings. This is hinted at in the show, concerning Zeb's people, but that doesn't change the fact in the SW Universe, it's the ion weapons that disable electronics.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I think there is a difference here between an ion rifle and an ion disruptor rifle. We know ion weapons are used from jawas to the rebel forces. Typically ion blasters are not very effective for battle with organic being unless in cannon form. Although ion blasters "disrupt" mechanical equipment, I do not believe this is the same use of the term disruptor. I believe the disruptor rifle is disrupts at the cellular level which makes this a brutal weapon.

I'm loving each episode so far. I saw Star Wars (ANH) in '77 at the age of 8. This show has the same vibe as the films and I feel like a kid again watching it...

Looks relatively easy to make, some PVC pipes and foam should do the trick for the main body. Then found items or 3D print the greeblies and Bob's your uncle.

You could even go "expensive" and get, like, brushed nickel pipe. Wouldn't be as easy to work with, but it's an option.

You could even go "expensive" and get, like, brushed nickel pipe. Wouldn't be as easy to work with, but it's an option.

Metal pipes would work too but the big problem with using actual metal pipes is that the main barrel has a series of grooves cut into the back of it, that would be tough for most people unless they have access to a machine shop.

I think there is a difference here between an ion rifle and an ion disruptor rifle. We know ion weapons are used from jawas to the rebel forces. Typically ion blasters are not very effective for battle with organic being unless in cannon form. Although ion blasters "disrupt" mechanical equipment, I do not believe this is the same use of the term disruptor. I believe the disruptor rifle is disrupts at the cellular level which makes this a brutal weapon.

I wasn't even thinking of that. After reading that I remembered reading somewhere about ion disruptors (KOTOR games?). So I'd say these are different than disruptors, which in the Legends EU behaved like the ST disruptor. I'm guessing from what Zeb said these might still fry organic material.

Guess not. This is what I was remembering:

SFOR_Carbine.jpg

Kind of similar, but I was going off a hazy memory.

Even more interesting though...while looking for that gun, I stumbled across this...

Mustafarian_Modified_Disruptor_Pistol.jpg

Obvious correlation physically, and the disruptor factor seems hardly coincidental!

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone but the latest episode is now on Watch Disney XD.

Fighter Flight was auto downloaded on my iTunes season pass account overnight... so I think it becomes available on iTunes not very long after it airs on Disney XD. saw it in my iTunes folder first thing this morning.

Just to be clear, I was talking about the episode entitled "Rise of the Old Masters".

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back