STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Yes, I think it was just Yoda speculating. I also think it was also a way for him press Luke into new responsibilities such as instructing new Jedi. It's not a strong persuasion of you say "You must train new jedi because you are the only one... Or you may not be. If that's the case, take it easy for awhile and get some others to pick up the slack."

Fyi: Unleashed is no more. It is officially removed from canon. I also think as fans, we have to re-evaluate what has been newly established as canon and what we have heard for so long that we think it is canon. Vader tasked with hunting down remaining jedi? That used to be true but as far as I know from the the little established canon that has been outside of the movies and shows, I have heard nothing that confirms it (as mentioned prior, I am reading New Dawn. Will it be re-established? Maybe. Or maybe the remaining jedi were left to the bounty hunters and clonetroopers. I don't know, but my point is that we need to be open to the new stories because they may not conform to what we think we know.

i should note again that I am listening to the audio book of New Dawn. I have not heard anything in reference to Vader but then the book is not holding my attention so I may have missed something original trilogy not gotten to that info.

Has there been specific comment on the Thrawn Trilogy or The Force Unleashed? The rest of the former EU, sure, but those works George made specific comment on that I'm not sure whether the Story Group will respect or not. Before the Prequels, George commented on the books "if I were going to make any more Star Wars films, these would be Episodes 7, 8, and 9." And later used Zahn's name for the old Republic capitol that had become Imperial Center. Years later, he said of The Force Unleashed that he "consider[ed] it to be Episode 3.5".

--Jonah

Unleashed is out? Seriously? Of the EU, that was one of the few things I would've liked to see translated into a major motion picture. Heck, the lead role was already cast! I think that was a fairly short sighted decision on Disney's part.

Has there been specific comment on the Thrawn Trilogy or The Force Unleashed? The rest of the former EU, sure, but those works George made specific comment on that I'm not sure whether the Story Group will respect or not. Before the Prequels, George commented on the books "if I were going to make any more Star Wars films, these would be Episodes 7, 8, and 9." And later used Zahn's name for the old Republic capitol that had become Imperial Center. Years later, he said of The Force Unleashed that he "consider[ed] it to be Episode 3.5".

--Jonah

As far as the Star Wars universe is concerned, unless it is the 6 movies, the two animated series, a novel starting with New Dawn, or those three things Star Wars.com released telling the stories of the three unmade story arcs... it's gone from canon. There was a big statement released a few months ago and also discussed here.. I think it was even in this thread. Sort of surprised this is news to anyone.

As far as the Lucas comments go, he said that way back when he had no desire to do further movies and utilized the novels as a way for fans to still invest the,selves in the franchise.

That does not mean that new stories might not use previous eu elements if the powers that be find them interesting but they may not utilize them in the exact same way. Think of the Marvel movies. A lot of those movies utilize specific graphic novels but they do not tell the exact same story. Some characters are switched out for others and some may be left out and the ending changed. However I should state that at this point, there has been no news of any old eu elements being re-established.

Basically, at this point the long and short of it is that LFL/Disney may or may not use any of the old EU which is almost certainly part of the reason why they declared it to be no longer canon. It's all about starting with a clean slate and not having to be beholden to anything, EU wise, that's come before and all of the baggage it brings along with it. Just think, if they kept the EU canon then the new trilogy would have to be written in such a way that it has to take all of the EU into consideration, the good, the bad, and the ugly. But now that it's all no longer canon they can simply pick and choose what they want to use or not use as they please because none of it is officially canon and they're free to go in any direction they please and not have to worry about a couple decades worth of books and video games.

In the end there's no way that they could make everybody happy, even if they didn't de-canonize the EU you know that they would have pissed off fans because they got the order of events wrong, or the actress they cast to play Mara Jade doesn't look like the way she's been described or the way she's been depicted in the comics, Rogue Squadron got named Rouge Squadron, the Solo kids are all the wrong age, etc. if it wasn't one it would have been another. There's just way too much of the EU to properly keep track of and they would have inevitably either missed something, gotten something wrong, mixed something up and it would have gotten all of the hard core EU fans up in a tizzy about that.

Nothing new here but it restates what has been said before.. http://www.cinemablend.com/new/How-Star-Wars-Rebels-Connect-Larger-Star-Wars-Film-Series-67663.html

How Star Wars Rebels Will Connect To The Larger Star Wars Film Series

Disney XD has a hit on its hands with Star Wars Rebels, a brand new animated series that fills in gaps between Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith and the iconic franchise launcher, A New Hope. The show kicked off with a well-received hour-long movie, and will continue tonight with the premiere of the first official episode, Droids in Distress. Those of us tracking J.J. Abrams’ Stars Wars: Episode VII wonder how the excellent show will connect to the future film properties, and now we have an answer.

Dave Filoni acts as executive producer and showrunner on Star Wars Rebels, and conducted a lengthy interview with SFGate.com over the weekend. While mapping out the course of the television show, Filoni talked about how it will connect to the film properties – and how having everything under one roof now means each component has to wonder how it will affect upcoming movies, shows, comics and so on. Filoni explained:

It’s a new thing at Lucasfilm to have multiple Star Wars projects happening at one time, especially cinematically. … This is on a tremendous scale. We always have to watch what we’re doing, and think 30 years down the line. ‘Is there an implication for that?’ … We didn’t have a story team before. It was George. It’s great to have ideas to bounce off people, to give opinions on."​

Because not only is Star Wars Rebels playing with the fabric of J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars: Episode VII. It’s also altering the possible direction of Rian Johnson’s Episode VIII and the various standalone films that have been suggested by the braintrust at Disney/LucasFilms now. There are suggestions that there could be an Obi-Wan Kenobi trilogy of films that take place between the end of Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. So far, Obi-Wan is the only original character who showed up in Star Wars Rebels’ "Spark of Rebellion" episode (albeit as a hologram sending warnings to existing Jedi). But it established the Jedi Master’s role in this new universe, so you can see how decisions made in Rebels could send shockwaves through the developing Star Wars film properties.

"Trust in the Force," Obi-Wan reminds his scattered Jedi disciples. And it’s a message well received by Star Wars fans figuring out how this universe will take shape. At the moment, it feels like things are in wide hands, and the right steps are being taken to get the multiple Star Wars properties soaring once again. Stay tuned for more details as they emerge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it's official. By the time Rebels takes place the cloning on Kamino has been stopped and the clones have "aged out" and the Stormtroopers are in fact recruits and not clones. This according to one of the creators. I will post the vid up when I can get to my laptop.

Well, it's official. By the time Rebels takes place the cloning on Kamino has been stopped and the clones have "aged out" and the Stormtroopers are in fact recruits and not clones. This according to one of the creators. I will post the vid up when I can get to my laptop.
this is the video you saw http://youtu.be/J_6zOjTrI5w

- - - Updated - - -

New Episode Fighter Flight is up on the Disney XD App, if you don't have access to that I also found it online here: http://vodlocker.com/dgc0n1ggxqq2

I really like this series so far. Those AT-DP Pilots in the last episode look great in their variant shadow armor.

15513097696_0b5c07fb63_b.jpg

Star Wars Rebels’ Premiere Sets Ratings Record for Disney XD[/h]
With 1.03 million total viewers, the “Star Wars Rebels” premiere becomes the top animated series debut in Disney XD historyThe force is definitely with Disney XD as far as “Star Wars Rebels” goes.
The Monday night premiere of “Star Wars Rebels” at 9 p.m. drew 1.03 million total viewers — making it the top animated series premiere in Disney XD's 15 year-plus history.
See video: ‘Star Wars Rebels’ Clip Shows Strong Females, Scary Space Monsters
The “Star Wars Rebels” premiere was also Disney XD's top animated series launch in the 6-14 demographic with 481,000 viewers in the demo as well as the boys 6-14 demo (with 369,000 viewers), along with the kids 6-11 demo (356,000 viewers) and boys 6-11 (283,000 viewers).
Compared to year-ago time period levels, the “Star Wars Rebels” premiere was up double digits in the young male demographics, growing 11 percent in the boys 6-11 demo and 48 percent among boys 2-11.
See video: ‘Star Wars Rebels’ Trailer: Meet a Brand New Jedi – And His Hunter
Prior to Monday's premiere, “Star Wars Rebels” was launched on Disney XD with a one-hour movie event, “Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion” in early October.
The series has already been renewed for a second season.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like this series so far. Those AT-DP Pilots in the last episode look great in their variant shadow armor.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3938/15513097696_0b5c07fb63_b.jpg

That's my second favorite costume in the series so far after the Imperial Enforcer/Agent Kallus. I think after I make my Kallus/IE costume I might try my hand at these guys, between the bikes scenes in Spark of Rebellion and episodes to come there's no lack of reference for these guys.

The speeder bike is new to me but the Kallus character I've seen before but I'm not sure if I have it at that resolution. Thanks. The Kallus is going to be relatively easy, the ATPT/biker pilot is going to require a bit more work.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back