STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

The only thing that worries me is that they will flood the market with SW movies and SW TV shows in an ADD fashion. Marvel and superhero movies are kind of going this way, and I'm starting to get burnt out on it. All superheroes, all the time. As many as you can handle, maybe even more than you can handle. They ones you want to see, the ones no one knows about, and the ones that people flat out don't even want to see.

I just hope they can exercise some restraint, especially if Ep7 is as successful as it very well could be.

I think it's a smart move. They'll have thirty years of continuity between ROTJ and TFA to fill in, and I'd like it if it wasn't all books and comics this time. An animated series gets around the actors' ages nicely. The only thing that makes me sad is -- whatever other elements from the ex-EU they might carry over/reintroduce, Luke marrying Mara Jade and having a son likely won't be part of it. They seem to be going with Lucas' answer to a fan who asked him (challengingly) who Luke's wife was: "Luke doesn't get married". So with that and Chewbacca's death removed, we've got a whole new tapestry to sort out.

--Jonah

Ezra's dark side... seems pretty strong... Kannen seemed to be a bit taken back / worried. Future sith? or just dramatic tension for a future confrontation with one's own dark side episode?

For those who are worried about too much SW I have but two words; Doctor Who. Here's a show running off and on for 50 years with what, two spin offs?

Tune into Disney XD on Sunday, DECEMBER 7 (5:00-9:30 p.m., ET/PT) or Friday, DECEMBER 12 (12:30-5:00 p.m., ET/PT) and catch the entire series from the very beginning in a Star Wars Rebels Reloaded Marathon.

The series returns in January with all-new episodes starting with – “Path of the Jedi” – which will premiere Monday, JANUARY 5 (9:00 p.m., ET/PT) on Disney XD.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing I'm not too fussed about on this show. Oh well can't win em' all and won't stop me enjoying the heck out of the rest of the show. Anyway isn't this old news? I'm sure it was brought up in concept art ages ago. Guess they just wanted a story to mirror the EPVII light saber debate. :)

Ben

Disney wants to take risks and I'm all for it! Its a new time in the universe, the days of old are no longer true. There is no one saying that blasters are more barbaric than a light saber because no one there is a master who learned the true ways of the Jedi order. Kanan was barely a padawan, and Ezra is not really even that, or officially (I don't know the lore too well so don't butcher me). What I would've preferred was if the light saber gun actually fired blaster s and not another "shock/stun" gun, but I suppose Disney doesn't want kids welding guns as opposed to fictional swords. One bummer.

Why don't they just give Ezra a gun? That little slingshot thing doesn't really do much, what is the point of it? They let the guy sling a lightsaber, and he does go into thoroughly dangerous situations, why not let him have a blaster? If we are going to be all PC about this and say "kids shouldn't have guns" then why aren't we saying "kids shouldn't be put into these life threatening situations with a band of outlaws"?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back